Thread: Non-aggressive AI

Non-aggressive AI

Non-aggressive AI

Is it possible via scripting to increase an AI's aggressiveness or make it behave a little more intelligently?

In sandbox mode the AI is just plain dumb, and after awhilee I get tired of waiting for it to makee a move and I go and breach his segments and.... he's dead broke. No energy. AI room construction technique sucks too but I don't think scripting will help that. (or can it)

I had to trick the AI into taking over some of my sections by breaching his and then letting him counterattack. (and thwarting his efforts to seal the bulkhead from his side)

If it's in your missions, add the following lines anywhere in your script, outside any If/Then/End blocks:

{missions\00\AIFacilityHelp00.txt}
    {missions\00\AIpeephelp00.txt}
    {missions\00\warpeeps00.txt}

These lines will ensure that AI players always have sufficient Love Nests (and Love Chairs), Laboratories, staff and security. I think these files are automatically loaded into Sand Box games, so editing them and writing something like this will make sure all AI players don't run out of energy:

:MinimumEnergy
    If
    Human = 0
    Energy < 20000
    Then
    Set Energy 20000
    End

Realise that these files are loaded in most missions, so altering them will change the enitre game. You may want to backup any files you alter in missions\00\

Startopiafrance Guest
    if you want an intelligent ennemy, play on the net, maybe you will find better than you... Like me in France ...

But I think if you want to try difficulty alone, create a party on the net, be alone human player and place you ennemy around you. You can't buy segments, you must be allied or conquer...

That's excellant... It's how I play now when I am alone on the web...

In answer to the first part of your post, I'm specifically looking for scripting methods of enhancing the AI which has nothing to do with multiplayer gameplay. I'm trying to make the AI smarter.

As to the second half of your post, sorry but I'm having trouble understanding that? I think you're saying to fight 3 computer opponents and that they will be a challenge? If that is what you are trying to say, then the answer is no, I don't find 3 computer opponents terribly challenging. In fact it seems to be less challenging than a single AI once it has been kickstarted by getting it to take some extra segments.

Originally posted by Startopiafrance
    if you want an intelligent ennemy, play on the net, maybe you will find better than you... Like me in France ...

But I think if you want to try difficulty alone, create a party on the net, be alone human player and place you ennemy around you. You can't buy segments, you must be allied or conquer...

That's excellant... It's how I play now when I am alone on the web...

Startopiafrance is saying you should try the following start layout:

Segment 1: AI
    Segment 2: You
    Segment 3: AI

You can't expand without conquering.

The only way to script better AI is to let it cheat. Any script elements you want to help the AI cheat need to have the condition Human = 0 so that human players don't receive the benefit. Also, in build changers in.txt there are several lines to set the AIs' ability:

AI_FIGHT_1_HUMANS
    AI_FIGHT_2_HUMANS
    AI_FIGHT_3_HUMANS
    AI_FIGHT_1_2
    AI_FIGHT_1_3
    AI_FIGHT_2_3
    AI_HANDOUT_PER_MINUTE
    AI_DITHERY
    AI_THINKS_PER_TURN
    AI_TOO_POOR_HANDOUT

Descriptions should be in the example file with the Mod Guide.