Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: ECC Forum welcome thread :-) Introduce yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman View Post
    AFRO Samurai is a story about a negro Samurai. His son sees him lose and starts a quest to regain the position of Number One and regain his fathers 'crown' by defeating the man who killed his father. If there is a game I am unaware of it.

It is a semi-steampunk Samurai saga. An anime adventure.

Sometimes it's comforting to play as a black man. LOL Really. Sometimes there's quite a void of love. The character in 'DEAD iSLAND' is pretty cool SAM B.. It's probably offensive to other black people though, like he's a joke.

'True Crime NYC' was pretty cool. I just wished I'd got it on Xbox and not PC because some stuff wasn't right, too slow. 'True Crime LA' wasn't that great. LOL

'CRACKDOWN' has a black man as a choice but the characters never actually interact. You are an agent in Pacific City and three gang have run amok. You are modified by a scientist to be super human. Jumping from rooftops etc makes me feel uneasy sometimes. LOL The vehicle physics are pretty funny. Like tires explode and you flip. A lot of funny music, funny comments. It's kind of like 'Total Overdose'.
    XZX WAS HERE

I may as well introduce myself. I'm Rhapdog (the H is silent, so pronounced like "rap-dog".)

I've worked on computer hardware and computer programming since the mid-late 70's. I owned a Pong game console when they first came out. Been playing Tomb Raider since the original. Was also an avid Wing Commander fan for years, but sadly that genre seems to have died out. Never owned a game console, other than Pong, but there was no such thing as PCs back then. I've been a PC fan since they first came out, and have upgraded from every architecture of the processor, starting with 8088, 80286, 80386, etc. up to my current system, which I upgraded a couple of months ago and am very happy with.

Look forward to playing more Tomb Raider in the future, once the next one comes out. In the meantime, I'll have to replay TR9 quite a few more times, as I can play the game just to look at Lara. Wow. Beautiful. The graphic artists and animators did an awesome job there.

I have a feeling I may just be the oldest gamer here. Anyone here older than me? Or at least close to my age? (Currently I'm 49, retired from computer programming and living comfortably staying home to raise my children, 1 and 3.)
    There's room for all God's creatures... right next to my mashed potatoes.

My dad first was big on the Atari 5200 and then the Nintendo NES. Which I've always seen as more of carpet gaming. It created a bigger hole for me, to want to play arcade games that are coin-op but now it's all an over the counter ordeal. Which is a transition back to 50's ways. LOL

It's all about handhelds and portables now. The transitional phases are brutal. I bet you and Blowhard'll be best buddies!
    XZX WAS HERE

Greetings Rhapdog, and welcome to the Eidos forums. Nice to see another seasoned Tomb Raider. Although I haven't been able to devote time to the recent next generation Tomb Raider games, unfortunately. They certainly do look awesome, from what I have seen. The original Tomb Raider was ground-breaking at the time. Good memories of exploring strange lands with Lara. See you around the forum, Rhapdog.

Edit: post no longer required.
    Whit’s fur ye’ll no go by ye.

I skipped that generation of gaming. LOL There were so many people in to it, raising the costs. It didn't seem worth it to pursue. Although some rentals were okay, like car chase games but that was about it and I forgot about it. The PC got ridiculous really, like 800.00 for a computer that was nothing but junk. PS2, XBOX and NGC were just water under the bridge, too much for too little. Pentium 4 computers were still just a flatline. Then PS3 and Xbox 360 were the big ground breakers and the Xbox 360 actually became affordable! Now you've got the PS4 which everybody is just cringing at paying so much for again. To also need a 1000-3000.00 HDTV to really enjoy. It's just another sad outlook about money and the economy, blah blah... Money and Evil...

I did though get the new 'Tomb Raider' for Xbox 360 but it hasn't come in the mail yer. LOL I'm such a snail.

Although on my about 26" monitor, I still get 1080p and good sound but it's not that awesome. I have a surround sound cone speaker system and bass too but I haven't used it in awhile because it can be annoying when all people do is talk and weird sound effects in games. Plus it may often cause unwanted ops when like a character screams for help and it sounds real and passerby's think you need help. LOL
    XZX WAS HERE

Hello all. I was introduced to this forum through Square Enix support center. They advised me to post here because the developers of Tomb Raider Definitive Edition monitor it. I contacted support originally to fix what was found to be a bug/glitch. I had many views but no responses yet. I hope they weren't just passing the buck. See my bug report here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...68#post2001368

Welcome MontiCaputetti, things are a bit slower here than they use to be but some of us still swing by regularly.

Smile Tomb Raiders - Auto Aim

How do I enable auto gain? I'm 18% through the game and would like to use auto game now that I'm stuck on the enemy in the large shield.

Thanks for your assistance.

blueboy

Welcome to the forums, MontiCaputetti and blueboy

blueboy, the big guy with the shield you defeat by using the dodge move when he takes a swing at you, and then right after you counter his attack in the brief moment he exposes his body.

If you need further help with TR9, I suggest you post your question in the TR9 forum section - http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=290

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Hi I literally just joined because I'm having super frustratingly beyond annoyingly game breaking (I think so anyway) bugs whilst playing lightning returns final fantasy xiii on ls3. Long story cut short the NA square enix customer service support rep told me to post my issue here so the debs here could hopefully patch it up. But you know what? There's no LRFFXIII subforum - there isn't even a final fantasy franchise subforum. So what do I do now?

In a nutshell: I need to collect 1 more stupid in game item to obtain the last trophy to then get the platinum trophy. But it's not spawning and I had the exact same issue the last time I was playing this game: I'm only replaying it in order to platinum it. I realllly dislike this game but I want the playtinum

I'd upload a snapshot of the email from SQ but I don't think you can't directly upload a picture on these forums and I'd rather not upload it on to an image hosting site. PLEASE HELP! Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks on advance. Im SO over this game

Welcome, Valhalla-Chaos.

The CS rep may have given you a wrong link. Try these:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/forum.php

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Smile HI!

Hi, I'm new incase you haven't guessed!

I'm Adam, and I'm English! My favourite Eidos games are the Legacy of Kain games and also I do enjoy Kane and Lynch!

HI!

Welcome LegacyofAdz.

Welcome to the forums, LegacyofAdz

Enjoy your stay

Arrow Hello everyone :wave:

hello everyone, I'm new here and i wanted to say hello

Hi RougeisSerina. Welcome to the Community Chat forum. I hope we will see you in our other threads too.

thanks, ruum taedor, and I never been on a forum before, so I don't really know how everything works. Any tips?

Hey Serina, welcome to the EIDOS forum
    signature image

Poke around your Control Panel (the User CP link, or however you want to get to it) and feel free to contribute to threads. Our members are a friendly bunch so ask any questions you may have. You may either make a public post in a thread or send a private message to a member or post a public Visitor Message which is available when viewing a member's profile. See you around the forum.

thanks and also what does the "quote" button mean/do?

Quote Originally Posted by RougeisSerina View Post
    thanks and also what does the "quote" button mean/do?
    It lets you do that ^
    signature image

OH! "big surprised face* Cool.

Welcome, RougeisSerina

hello, driber, and what neck of the woods do you come from? ROTTR or just TR?

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast