Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... Last

Thread: FFXIV: Server/World Discussions

FFXIV: Server/World Discussions

FFXIV: Server/World Discussions

Hi there, I played FFXIV in sweden but recently have moved to Australia.

My friends here will be playing Reborn with their American friends.

Can I use my EU legacy account with Reborn and play on US server when it comes out?

I am confused with the multiple places to sign in.

Yeah, you can. They've stated that we'll be able to choose our servers when ARR launches, so all you have to do is choose the same server as everyone else, which it'll say where the server is based while choosing.

Im sure this may be a stupid question but i have never played a console MMO so will the PC and PS3 versions of the game be running along the same servers? Like if a friend was playing on PC could I play with him from a PS3?

Yes, every server will support all released platforms. However, if you want to play the same character on different platforms, you must buy a Content ID for each platform. And of course the game for each platform as well.

I know I have asked this question before but I didnt get a direct answer to my question so ill just ask again lol. In ARR will the PS3 and the PC versions of the game be able to play together? For example if I am playing the PS3 version will I be able to play with a friend who is using the PC version?

Don't know how much more clear I can be answering this question as I did before, other than saying a plain..... YES you can.

The answer is yes you will be able to play on the same servers. this is how it was with ffxi on pc, xbox 360 and ps2/ps3 (if your ps3 was backwards compatible with ps2 games i assume). i personally played ffxi on xbox 360 and ps2 and there were some people that were surprised i was on a ps2. Also ffxiv ARR is now in the beta stage phase I and you are able to apply now for beta testing on ps3 when ps3 beta tests are implemented on phase III.

I wrote to participate in the Beta test, I hope to pass, it will be great to play...

This is good news....though there are worse things, it's certainly not a pleasure when you cannot play with a friend because they are on another server due to differing platforms.

Thanks SE for solving this problem.

Will the Playstation 3 & the PC version of FF XIV Online be Cross-platform? In other words linked together.

Yes.

I'm just sort of curious to see what server my fellow North Americans like the best. I know which one I'm leaning towards!

North American Server List:

EDIT: As I mentioned below, I discovered that this is a list of the Phase 3 Beta worlds. However, I personally think there is a good chance these will also be the launch servers. Just wanted to clear that up.

#1- Balmung (LEGACY)
    #2- Excalibur (LEGACY)
    #3- Hyperion (LEGACY)
    #4- Sargatanas (LEGACY)
    #5- Adamantoise
    #6- Behemoth
    #7- Cactuar
    #8- Coeurl
    #9- Diabolos
    #10- Gilgamesh
    #11- Goblin
    #12- Leviathan
    #13- Malboro
    #14- Midgardsormr
    #15- Ultros

The one I'm looking at is Ultros. FFVI was one of my absolute favorites and Ultros always made me laugh.

What do you guys think?

Oh wow! Is that the official server list that will be launched?

I'll go to whichever one all my PS3 crew on here decide to, that way we can roam together.

Originally Posted by Fubar4585

Oh wow! Is that the official server list that will be launched?

Yes, it is. Pulled it from the SE site. Take a look if you want.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/361

EDIT: Sorry I just realized it said "And so, without further delay, your Beta 3 World names!"

I think there is a good chance that these will also be the launch world names too. My mistake for misleading anyone.

Very nice! Thanks! As for your question....waiting to see what the friends list does but I'd lean towards Leviathan I suppose. It's always been one of my favorite summons.

Edit: ^Can't imagine why they would change. Still very cool though!

I, myself relly dont care what server i go on at the moment. Really wanted Bahamut but its a Japanese server. :-( since i cant go on that just go with majority of friends list.

Seems like most everyone is waiting on their friends list. Understandable though. From my perspective, I'm probably the one out of my friends who is going to end up deciding for the group. If it were based on name alone, I'd say Ultros with Gilgamesh as a close second. Honestly though, I'm sort of waiting to see which way the population swings. I'd rather not end up on a low populated server.

5$ says Behemoth fills to high population first. lol. Any takers?

I'm gonna say Ultros, (because the first thought that comes to my mind is the purple monster from FFVI, my personal favorite FF) great monster from a great game! I'm probably in the HUGE MINORITY though.

Originally Posted by Fubar4585
    5$ says Behemoth fills to high population first. lol. Any takers?

I agree with that. probably would choose that one as well but will see what list chooses and if i get an invite lol

Originally Posted by imported_Robert

I'm gonna say Ultros, (because the first thought that comes to my mind is the purple monster from FFVI, my personal favorite FF) great monster from a great game! I'm probably in the HUGE MINORITY though.

At least we are alike in that. I also said Ultros. So two votes does not make the minority in the thread lol

You guys honestly think Behemoth will fill first? Why do you think so? I'd think Gilgamesh would be the first.

They say all great teams need conflict. Lol, if you join a team I got two to join you as well. Lol, I knew you made the thread, but didn't read to know you joined Ultros as well!!! Kick ASS!!!

Originally Posted by imported_Robert

They say all great teams need conflict. Lol, if you join a team I got two to join you as well. Lol, I knew you made the thread, but didn't read to know you joined Ultros as well!!! Kick ASS!!!

Haha, Yeah! So far I have two friends and my girlfriend wanting to join me in Eorzea. All of us used to play FFXI at some point, so we know how SE tends to think with their MMO's. I'm trying to get more but some work a lot and can't justify paying for something they won't have enough time to truly enjoy. I'm sure I'll make more friends once the game launches officially.

This is a question that I have seen in numerous places around the net, but I was wondering, which servers will you choose: Legacy or New?

For weeks, I have been pondering whether I want to join a legacy or a new server. Either choice has its pros and cons, considering numerous reasons. One of the biggest reasons why I am planning on joining a Legacy server is to be able to play with some friends who have played the game since launch. I personally know these guys and I would love to be able to play the game with them side by side. Playing with experienced players might allow the opportunity for help, cheap armor/weapons, and learning the ropes of the game faster than playing in a world with new players.

On the other hand, a new world with a new economy and unexperienced players provides a fresh experience for new players. Regardless, I do not think either choice would be grave.

I will probably think more about this in the upcoming weeks and listen to what you guys have to say before making my final decision.

So, what will you choose? Legacy or New?

Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... Last