Thread: FFXIV: Server/World Discussions

FFXIV: Server/World Discussions

FFXIV: Why can't my friend find my world so she can play with me?

My world does not show up on her list when she is making a character. When I try making a new one I can see the world one of my characters is in, why?

(The worlds name is Brynhildr and we are both using a ps3).

Hi Everyone,

You can check the blog here - http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...06d0909189e479 for the current status of character creation restrictions. At certain times of day they have rolling lockdowns on different servers.

Originally Posted by Satanscrotch
    My world does not show up on her list when she is making a character. When I try making a new one I can see the world one of my characters is in, why?
    (The worlds name is Brynhildr and we are both using a ps3).
    Your friend needs to make sure they have selected the correct data centre on the main menu for your world to show up. Brynhildr is on the 'Primal' data centre.

What server

I am trying to find out what server I am on. Is there a way to find out?

Originally Posted by Sarcastic711
    I am trying to find out what server I am on. Is there a way to find out?
    On the main menu before you go to character selection you can go into 'Data Centre' to find out which cluster you are on. Then when you go to the character selection screen it should show what server you are on with your character details. You can also click on 'World' and see which server has your character on.

Alternatively you can go to the Lodestone website and search for your character name and it will also tell you what server you are on.

i just got FFXIV a few days ago, so i can play with my friends, and i can't join the world server that they are on it keeps tellng me to wait for the restrictions to be lifted i did not pay all this money to wait or select another world. this needs to be fixed

Originally Posted by JaidenJWT
    i just got FFXIV a few days ago, so i can play with my friends, and i can't join the world server that they are on it keeps tellng me to wait for the restrictions to be lifted i did not pay all this money to wait or select another world. this needs to be fixed
    It isn't broken so it won't be fixed. There has been rolling restrictions on new character creations for quite a while. You can check the post at the Lodestone which shows which servers are currently restricted. This is updated every 5-6 hours.

If you're in the PDT timezone - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...06d0909189e479

If you're in GMT timezone - http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...23e07acb3d22f6

FINAL FANTASY REALM REBORN SERVER CHOICE AND WORLD.

Just bought Final Fantasy A realm Reborn with Havensword bundle for PS4. I live in the uk and played for the past 7 days to get a feel of it to see if I like it. I do so I want to start over but with a proper made charcter instead of my make do one. Only trouble is I am confused as to which world to start on as a new fresh player. I am new to MMO as I pnly just started ESO On PS at lauche for 30 days and SWTOR for 30 days before that. So I don't understand terms like Tank or Latency or ARR. I am just a bloke enjoying RPG games but herad a few pros and cons about worlds like more gil on legacy server and more people but more expensive. Other worlds don't sell high lv items. Don't have any friends sad to say usally go team up with my 2 brothers but they refuse to pay subscription as SW TOR free to play and they both have PS plus for a year to do ESO. So only need to team up if need be. Manily just need good levelling up and gil easier at near beginig at game as monsters don't drop gil like previous FF Games, my pet hate about this and ESO no money from bad guys. Also herad peole trying to get away from eu servers. So for help every now and then, not too many people but enough to help out, get good gil from crafting or whatever buy good high lv gear latr on when at hight level and enjoy overall RPG but still be able to play the game with no major downside or other online people problems = Which would be the best server EU / Japan America - and which world.

Googled a bit more and people suggested Cerberus / Odin / very friendly people.
    Last edited by DarksiderAlpha; 24th Jul 2015 at 16:55.

googled info still confused
    Last edited by DarksiderAlpha; 24th Jul 2015 at 16:55.

Which one to choose ? pros and cons and any body whos on those what is experience like ? Stuck between Cerberus / Odin / Zodiark.
    Last edited by DarksiderAlpha; 25th Jul 2015 at 12:11.

PS4 FFXIV Unable to Connect to Server

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently stationed in South Korea, and I've been trying for a week now to get into Final Fantasy XIV Online, since I purchased it, and have had no luck.

I keep getting a PSN Error WV-33899-2.

I've contact Square Enix and they say it's a PSN problem. So, I contacted Sony, and they said it's a NAT Type problem (my LAN is Type 1 - direct from my ISP's modem); however, when I connect to my wireless, it's NAT Type 2. Then, later, when I called them again about the NAT Type 2 change, they pointed me back to Square Enix. -_-

What I do know is that I'm currently using Olleh KT internet doesn't allow me to connect, and it keeps producing the error above. But, when I use my wife's WiFi HotSpot through LG U+ internet, the network access works fine and everything connects properly (but her internet is very limited for per month usage).

Is anyone else having this issue with FFXIV and PSN? If so, have you found anything else that works, other than changing ISPs or using a Flashrouter?

Please help!

Thanks!

-Carol

Unhappy FFXIV - Balmung Frustrations

I just started playing the game and all of my friends play on Balmung. I have literally sat here since 4am clicking refresh every 3 minutes to try and get on Balmung. I have tried to do it right after maintenance. I have tried to get in between 2-5am CST. I have tried getting in when the server list is updated every 5 hours. If someone spent what little bit of money they had to get the game, they also have to pay just for a server transfer (seventy two hours after purchasing the game) just to be able to play with their friends? It's beyond frustrating

I'm told it's because of the sheer volume of bots on the server. Since Balmung is so popular, is there anything being done to perhaps increase capacity or better yet, a more efficient way to deal with botters to open up those slots for legitimate players? I've been trying for days now (And hours upon hours upon hours straight...) Trying to get onto Balmung I can't afford to transfer. (In before someone asks how I pay for the internet, I don't. My roommates are kind enough.)

Any advice for how I can get onto Balmung to play with my friends without transferring?

I am on diablos server looking for a FC that uses ventrilo or teamspeak, my name IG is Kittey Katt

Page 72 of 72 First First ... 22626869707172