Thread: FFXIV: Server/World Discussions

FFXIV: Server/World Discussions

Truthfully, I don't know for certain that you can even join a Legacy server without actually being a legacy member. But, to answer your question, I would choose the non-legacy servers. The reason being that you'll have quite a lot of players running the same things as you. This generally means faster progression. While you may have friends on the Legacy server, can you be sure they'd be willing to help you out every time you needed them? I guess it really boils down to that question.

I bought the PC version in 2009 but my computer would not run the game. Do I have to buy the PS3 version? Also will I be able to add the bonus items to my PS3 account that I have from orginal version. Thank you.

Originally Posted by imported_Matthew

I bought the PC version in 2009 but my computer would not run the game. Do I have to buy the PS3 version? Also will I be able to add the bonus items to my PS3 account that I have from orginal version. Thank you.

By the way you wrote that, am I to assume you still use the same computer? If so, you won't be able to run FFXIV:ARR. You would normally get a free digital download of the game for having purchased the 1.0 version all those years ago. However, they aren't giving physical copies of the PS3 version to those old purchasers. When you think about it, SE already thinks that those people have a working PC in order to run the game, but they have no idea if they have a PS3. Not only that but digital downloads are ultimately free to produce. Physical copies are not free to produce.

In the end, you will have to purchase the game for the PS3. You should be able to link the PS3 version to your old account though. I would think you should be able to get any pre-order/bonus items from linking them too.

Thank you. I still have the same computer but looking into getting a better one. I would prefer to play on PS3 with my big screen tv. I really was hoping to add the crafting glasses from the version 1.0 release. I always enoyed that part of the game in FF11.

Leviathain here no one on my friends list is playing so Im hoping I find people to play with

New members can join Legacy servers regardless if they're a original member or not. Ironically, it's the Legacy people or people who already made a character in the Legacy servers that can't transfer to the new servers. (Econmic purposes)

I'm joining Behemoth and starting anew. New economy and everything and such. I kind of want to start something right from the beginning for Behemoth. Make a name for myself and such. Hahah. And roleplay.

Plus since CE will be getting a behemoth barding and a behemoth minion, I felt it was suiting to start at Behemoth.

Originally Posted by Fubar4585

5$ says Behemoth fills to high population first. lol. Any takers?

According to this website: xivpads.com/?WorldTransferDirectory

Gilgamesh is currently the most popular. Hahah, I am joining Behemoth though!

To my knowledge, the only restriction on Legacy servers is that they are the only place you can play characters created in the 1.0 version of the game. You should still be able to make characters intermixed between New and Legacy worlds, but I'll see what I can find out.

Originally Posted by Saha

New members can join Legacy servers regardless if they're a original member or not. Ironically, it's the Legacy people or people who already made a character in the Legacy servers that can't transfer to the new servers. (Econmic purposes)

I'm joining Behemoth and starting anew. New economy and everything and such. I kind of want to start something right from the beginning for Behemoth. Make a name for myself and such. Hahah. And roleplay.

Plus since CE will be getting a behemoth barding and a behemoth minion, I felt it was suiting to start at Behemoth.

Wow see you in Behemoth then I plan to indulge myself and really live the fantasy so to speak :

You people and your behemoth lol. Gilgamesh and Ultros man!

Haha! So far looks like Behemoth FTW! Too bad no one took me up on that bet. : (

If we can have more than one character, I hope they can be on different servers. There one on legacy one on new, but I do not knbow f you can if it affects your retainer.

Really should have reaserched this before Purchase, but the Digital CE version still gets all the in game stuff like the helmet, special mounts and minion right? ? it just dosent come with art book and cd's and such. Or am I totally misreading?

Originally Posted by Zrow

Really should have reaserched this before Purchase, but the Digital CE version still gets all the ingame stuff and the physical copy right? it just dosent come with art book and cd's and such. Or am I totally misreading?

As far as I know, nope. Only digital game download and ingame stuff...

PC and PS3 CE is supposed to be available in retail stores a little closer to launch. If you want physical copies just wait a little while. I plan on upgrading when/if it hits like Yoshi-P says.

Originally Posted by imported_Brett

Truthfully, I don't know for certain that you can even join a Legacy server without actually being a legacy member. But, to answer your question, I would choose the non-legacy servers. The reason being that you'll have quite a lot of players running the same things as you. This generally means faster progression. While you may have friends on the Legacy server, can you be sure they'd be willing to help you out every time you needed them? I guess it really boils down to that question.

I was told by several veteran players, nothing stopping new players from joining Legacy only if that server is full. But they legacy players cannot go onto a non-legacy server...

Ok guys and girls to anyone going to Behemoth server and want to join this merry group of ppl lets make a list of players and jobs so we can hash this out !

Originally Posted by wolvie1977
    Ok guys and girls to anyone going to Behemoth server and want to join this merry group of ppl lets make a list of players and jobs so we can hash this out !

Lol u took my idea of making a Behemoth post.

Male Mioq'te, probably moon. Class Arcanist.

PSN: Cerious_-_

Originally Posted by wolvie1977
    Oops sorry cerious I'm bored and thliability give me something to do lol
    Its cool, so what race and class are you choosing?

Prolly Hume gladiator or warrior moon

You know me male Mioq'te most likely sun Palladian PSN BlaksamuraiX

If my character I made on 1.0 is not deleted ill be a Roegadyn hellsguard maruader

Male Miqote. Behemoth too. Paladin all the way.

I'm fairly sure that Miqo'te are only female...

Originally Posted by imported_Scott

I'm fairly sure that Miqo'te are only female...

Definitely not!

And yes.. I will join up as in character details I don't know yet. I think I will play as a mage class, if not, bard.

PSN: SoulEaterQUEEN

Page 2 of 72 First First 1234561252 ... Last