Thread: Weird Things Are Happening...

Weird Things Are Happening...

Rolleyes Weird Things Are Happening...

Alot of weird stuff is happening in Startopia.
    Some of It's cool - but most of it isn't.
    For instance it drives me insane that Startopia disabled the music (the Startopia music at the start and the in play music) and I can't turn it back on. Or the fact that it crashes for no apprent reason. I suspect my processor-it is old. What do you think?

Big Grin

I think you should download the patches.

I tried that...
    The only thing that helps is un-installing and re-installing the game. Wait a second, maybe it has something to do with the mods I've put on(it stopped playing music after I used the mods!).

Hmmm, that's a very odd error.

Are you installing the mods -after- you patch?

Good question; the anwser is I used the patch after installing the mods(because it only played up, after installing the mods).

Hmm, give it a try patch then mods, after a clean re-install. If thats no good try getting new drivers for your computer and report back.

Are the mods just missions or data files as well?

I've patched to version 1.1 and have tried the mod done by DMA57361(Trader Corner). No problems so far.

Think I've found problem. The drive I had it on had bad clusters and is damaged. Onto something else I saw two weird things (with patch on) while playing a sandbox. One, aliens froze by a sleeping pod until I beamed up the pod. Two aliens slid along the floor instead of walking. Solutions anyone?

I think a gorgon from one of your Dungeon and Dragons games has gotten loose and is petrifying peeps on your station. (You got a better idea?)

Rolleyes It's getting worse

Blast it! On mission 10, some of my residents froze up by the dine-o-mat. It makes things impossible to do.

Just pack it up and re build it. Frustrating, yes, but it saves more frustration later on.