Thread: Thief 2 demo

Thief 2 demo

Thief 2 demo

I DLed and tried the Thief2 demo, but I can't seem to get very far (I've killed one guard, then ransacked a sleeping guy's house) but all the other windows seem to be inaccessible (can't pick the locks on them) and I'm stuck at a steaming pipe area and can't jump across the rooftops (too far away). Anyone ever try this demo?

thx,
    Phx

It's been a while, mikenowo, but if I recall correctly, you'll need to mantle up onto that pipe and scurry across to the other side rather than jump.

Smile

Another thing you won't be able to open locked windows.The only things you can open with the lock picks are doors and chest and sometimes they may take a key to open.

Tin Star
    There is no honor among thieves.

Big Grin

From the bell tower go to straight ahead and cross the plank. Pass the guard and turn left, go through the hall to the next roof.
    At the end of this roof is a metal shed (or plenum for pipes) jump onto it, walk across the pipes to the next roof.

On your left will be a guard in a window, and a ladder down into an area with Machinery. Straight ahead will be a drop to a rooftop with skylights.

Unless my memory fails me (which is very likely in my old age), you can also head left from the bell tower and drop onto that balcony, watching out for the guard who occasionally steps out for some air. Then sneak through the house, grabbing some loot as well, if you dare.

Other than the chest of arrows (rope arrows?) on the roof, I'm not sure if there's anything you miss by going through the house. The open window by the steam pipes isn't there in the demo, is it?

Smile

If he is playing the demo the guard won't be in the window he will be patroling from that room to the downstairs and out on a pourch and back again.There will also be one guard asleep upstairs.You can also enter this building from the rear which will put you in the room with the guard who is sleeping and then go downstairs and wait in the shadows for the guard that is patroling to come in the room with the ladder and nail him.

Tin Star

Originally posted by Telliamed
    Unless my memory fails me (which is very likely in my old age), you can also head left from the bell tower and drop onto that balcony, watching out for the guard who occasionally steps out for some air. Then sneak through the house, grabbing some loot as well, if you dare.

Other than the chest of arrows (rope arrows?) on the roof, I'm not sure if there's anything you miss by going through the house. The open window by the steam pipes isn't there in the demo, is it?
    If you go left over the roof then drop to the balcony, you end up where Tin Star is talking about the sleeping quard. This is just past the Skylights and just before Lady van Vernon's guards.

Listen to the mouth fight. Then duck the arrows.

Smile

There is also a statue or something to do with loot in a little cove above the stairway.It is about half way down the steps and you need those rope arrows to get to it.I can't remember for sure but it may be one of the secrets in the demo even though you can spot it easly by looking up as you go down the steps.

Tin Star

Big Grin

The Thief II Demo is the best game play in THIEF. The guards can hear a Gnat f&rt through 4 feet of stone.

The sentries may be a little hyped for the demo to increase the thrill factor but this is one tough mission.

I should ask one of our Dromedeers to spice it up like Zaccheus is doing with Cathedral.

Originally posted by Tin Star
    There is also a statue or something to do with loot in a little cove above the stairway.It is about half way down the steps and you need those rope arrows to get to it.I can't remember for sure but it may be one of the secrets in the demo even though you can spot it easly by looking up as you go down the steps.
    Tin Star
    I just found that for the first time a week ago, although I jumped to get it instead of using a rope arrow. Makes me wonder what else I've missed...

Wink Hi there mikenowo and a little belated welcome to our Guild :-)

I have to laugh a little however at your question regarding have any of us played the demo? Just to clue you in...many of the members here have been Thief fans for years actually but this just happens to be a newer home for us from the old forum that got updated to this one. Apparently you are a newer member as well as a new Thief player...so you've come to one of the best forums around these parts...not-with-standing the group over at TTLG I sincerely hope you also try and find a full version of either Thief, TDP Gold or Thief, The Metal Age...then you will also get the pleasure of playing many many very fine FM's (Fan Missions) that have been made over the years for both versions So welcome Taffer and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win the game, it's how you PLAY it! Have FUN!