Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOK series Art Contest Discussion

Smile LOK series Art Contest Discussion

Hello Artists,
    Thanks to the great idea by Necropotence, we are having an Legacy of Kain series Art Contest! Any original Blood Omen or Soul Reaver themed art is welcome. It can be drawings, computer art, paintings, sculptures, you name it. You must be able to post it or a photo of it here in the LOK forums. The deadline for the contest is October 15, 2002 and will be judged by some members of the Blood Omen 2 and Soul Reaver team. Pick your favorite piece of art to enter in the contest, there is only one entree per person.

The prizes are as follows:

1st prize - Soul Reaver 2 poster and SR1-2 promo soundtrack
    2nd prize - Soul Reaver 1 promotional stand up and SR1-2 promo soundtrack
    3rd prize - SR1-2 promo soundtrack

Post your art in the thread marked "POST ART HERE!"

Good-luck!
    ~Chris
    Crystal Dynamics

Unhappy A soul reaver 2 poster...?

If only I was good at art...

Just draw a picture and post it.

No one else has even posted anything yet. Plus if you remember the rules no ones going to say anything bad about you're work. I made that a rule to avoid people from being to embarised to post their art.

*giggles with eeevil delight*

well anyone who needs their pic hosted can email them to me (if you like).

Hey Chris, any chance that we can get the prized signed by anyone available on the staff? I just think it'd be kind of cool
    (option I suppose... in case someone doesn't like the idea... and they win)

Big Grin

If we already have the soundtrack can we mix and match? A poster or a standup would sure look cool.

Hey, I'll even take a signed Butterfly Lord poster.

**runs away before she gets slapped***
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Ya know, I just got a new sketchbook and new inking pens over the weekend. Great timing, so now I can test 'em out.

I may not be the best drawer, but I'm gonna try something new. This is extremely inspiring after all. I gots lots of ideas for what I wanna draw. *plot-plot-scheme* I feel like Moebius now.
    http://mywebpage.netscape.com/ranmya...art-banner.jpg
    “Knowledge is simply opinion we trust enough to act upon.” - Orson Scott Card

Power reaver Guest
    Iam good at drawing Raz , heck I have taken up Technical Drawing and the Free Hand sketching and shading is my speciality . I have some excellent pics of Raz just standing there , doing nothing . Unfortunately I got no scanner to scan , oh well , I ll go back to being evil now .

This is all I've got (be gentle )

Smile

Well, I may as well post my pics...

Be gentle, this is my first time posting any of my work! Now, for your viewing pleasure, here are my sketches... Enjoy!

Edit: Having a lil' trouble posting my pics... will try to fix!

Edit: Actually, does anyone know a free hosting service which will allow me to link to my images?

Hmmm... If I could draw anything more detailed than a stick figure, I'm sure I'd do well here... However, hold a SCRIPTING contest, and I'll whomp all y'all!

BAH!!!
    http://www.angelfire.com/art2/thirdpersona/rio.txt

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell... "One more soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."

Smile 8X10

Umah,
    I'll be sending you out a signed 8X10 signed glossy print of the Butterfly Lord, just because you are so cute and flirtatious.

Willow,
    If you happen to win I'd be happy to get your prizes signed by anyone you want that still works here. Also if any of you would like to send in your instruction manuals from any LOK games with a self addressed return mailer, I'd be happy to get them signed by anyone you want. How does that sound? Contact me for the address.

Good luck to everyone with the Art contest, i believe I have Sam Newman and Steve Ross from the BO2 team signed on to help judge the pics.
    ~Chris
    Crystal Dynamics

Getting LoK merchandise signed by people related to LoK?!

That's a "must do" if I ever did hear of one...
    "Kain killed me once-behold the result. I have no more to fear from you." Raziel - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Smile And from the SR2 team...

Just confirmed as a judge for the Art contest, Daniel Cabuco from the Soul Reaver team!
    ~Chris
    Crystal Dynamics

Big Grin Coolness...

The 15th of October... I should have something done by then.

Thanks Chris and of course Necropotence (it was his idea after all) for setting this up!

i wona enter...but i dont have a scanner...

when does the competition stop???

Raz - If you want to, you can email your pictures to me and I'll upload them to my homestead space.

Humilate myself via art? Oh boy--how soon can I begin?
    I mean to say--sure, why not? Willow-I will probably be emailing you some thingies, if that's quite all right with you?

heh, if things continue the way they are, I might not have any compitition!

I'm hoping to get 3rd place, my drawing aren't that good compared to some of the artists here

Power reaver Guest
    Preety good , Lozza . Your 2nd pic has a heck of a chance of winning 1st place .

Question

uh i cant post my images cose i gotta pay my hoast to do so can any of you hoast some of the lok images so i can post them?

http://www.comicsportfolio.com/portf...ortfolioID=901¨

if you feel like give critiqe please feel free yo do so

Re: 8X10

Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
    Umah,
    I'll be sending you out a signed 8X10 signed glossy print of the Butterfly Lord, just because you are so cute and flirtatious.
    I may not be able to contain myself! Yay! **clears a spot on her ceiling for the Butterfly Lord pic***

***goes back to attempting to draw a picture***

Unhappy Please

I'm officially asking everyones pemission to be in the compitition. Originaly I was'nt planning on being in it because I needed to judge but now I don't need to. So how about it people do you mind if I join?

Smile Re: Please

Originally posted by necropotence
    I'm officially asking everyones pemission to be in the compitition. Originaly I was'nt planning on being in it because I needed to judge but now I don't need to. So how about it people do you mind if I join?
    I don't see why not...

GOOD LUCK!!!

Finally, here for all to see, are my drawings!

I'd like to say a big "Thankyou!" to Serul for helping me out by hosting them for me temporarily!

Thankyou!
    "Kain killed me once-behold the result. I have no more to fear from you." Raziel - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast