Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOK series Art Contest Discussion

Smile

Originally posted by Power reaver
    I have just seen the latest entries and my reaction is

Honestly , even if I did enter I wouldent have a chance against those awesome master peices .

They are very good. I'm already sweating bullets , not just because of the entries (although I must say they are very good), I'm still not sure if I'm getting my picture finished.

I have a few ideas and all, just need to find the time to make it...

whooo

Woah, some very nice pictures so far! Being as Im a huge fan of the LoK series, I've just gotta enter

Can I ask something though? What exactly is that 'Promotional Soundtrack' prize? Is it music from the Soul Reaver games or something? (Or that trance remix song that was available to download on the official LoK site a while ago?)

Thanx!

Lightbulb

Its the actual music from SR1/SR2. (I don't think any tracks are remixed on it). I have a copy and its great!
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Um-well, Willow just posted mine; feeling very daunted-I hate watercolors...I tried to stay away from the normal subjects, and went with a more staid Vampire Hunter slaughtering a vampire...Was off on the scanner a little bit, but anyway!
    Thank you willow for hosting it!

Anytime.

Good work willow!

Just saw willow's entry very good I like it alot!
    Umah I liked your's alot to. All of them are really good I just thought I'd let you guys know I really liked yours.

Thanks a lot Necro
    Unfortunately for everyone that I've hosted images for... I've run out of bandwidth for the day (just for the day though) which sucks (which is why the images aren't showing right now)... everything should be back by tomorrow... *grumbles something about needing a new host* (in a few weeks I'll have one)

Wink Will refrain from posting personal opinion of my submission

Thanks necro! I must say that Turel looks awesome himself.

Now about that 8x10 signed glossy of the Butterfly Lord....
    ~ Voltaire

Thumbs Up

mmmm.... I like the one by frostious, very dramatic. Lovely colouring job. This is my fave, I think.

Willows drawing is very nice... heh... shirtless Raz! *reowr*. Great shading.

Also like the one by Sekhmet... I think it's the expressions that got me... hehe.

There are others that captured my attention... but those are the ones I like the best. That's my own opinion of course.

The entries are all extremely well done, I may not be able to draw a stick figure but I can still appreciate art

I think my favorite so far is Feraz's entry, just captures my attention and I like Janos holding his own heart in his hands, almost looks like he's offering it to someone.

[Edit] Crazy Dragon did you base your drawing on anything (besides LoK of course)? I look at it and it strikes me as really really familiar, especially around the face.
    I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds

Big Grin More prizes!

Hey all,
    Just wanted to let you know I have found some additional prizes, including some fully signed SR2 posters, some SR1 posters, and some small double sided cardboard posters. So we might have more winners then just the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd announced earlier. So get your entrees posted before October 15th. I am blown away so far by some of the art. Good-luck.
    ~Chris
    Crystal Dynamics

I am blown away so far by some of the art.
    You aren't the only one Chris!

I don't feel I can compete against some of the art that's been posted!
    "Kain killed me once-behold the result. I have no more to fear from you." Raziel - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

I have found some additional prizes, including some fully signed SR2 posters, some SR1 posters, and some small double sided cardboard posters
    Can you elaborate on "fully signed"?

Smile fully signed...

Sure I can elaborate.
    The posters I have for SR2 are signed by all the members of the team that are still working at Crystal Dynamics. I just counted 14 signitures on the posters. A pretty rare Soul Reaver item you will not find anywhere else.
    ~Chris
    Crystal Dynamics

Ok thanks..... thought the voice actors might have signed too, that's why I asked

Big Grin Another new prize!

Hello again,
    Prizes seem to be coming in from all over! I've aquired a brand new Soul Reaver 2 tee-shirt for the top winner in the Art contest. This was only available to the SR2 team, so this is almost a one of a kind item! Deadline for the Art contest is still Oct. 15th, so get your entrees in soon!
    ~Chris
    Crystal Dynamics

More prizes? Goodness, you sure are spoiling us! *dances for no reason*

(oh yeah, thanks Umah, for letting me know about the CD prize, it sure sounds good) ^__^

Can you post some pics of the prizes Chris?

Big Grin

What about my 8x10 signed Butterfly Lord pic?

And no problem, FunkyC.

Hello people! Some of you might know me from a while back, I posted at the old board under the name "Gargoyle".

All entries so far look amazing. I'm currently working on mine, I hope to have it done by tomorrow.

By the way, would "art" also include audio? Would be cool if I could enter a sample of Kain's voice I recorded.

Smile Questions...

Hello all,
    Prizes have been coming in from all over the company. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of the prizes to post. But if you win a prize, you will be able to see it soon enough! I agree that voice recordings could be considered art, but not for this art contest. If you would like to post it anyways, that would be interesting to hear.
    Umah, if I sent you your signed 8X10, what would you do with it?

~Chris
    Crystal Dynamics

Big Grin Hey Dylan!!!

It's about time you showed your face around here!

Can't wait for your entry.

Big Grin But it's a girls dream to have a Butterfly Lord pic...

Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
    Umah, if I sent you your signed 8X10, what would you do with it?

~Chris
    Crystal Dynamics
    Use your imagination.

Actually, I have something in mind....you'll get a taste of what I mean later on this evening and/or tomorrow.

"All will be revealed in time..."
    ~ Voltaire

Good to see you too, Serul! Thanks for letting me know about this contest. How is your entry coming along?

I probably won't make handing in mine today... tomorrow perhaps? Running out of time here!

On another note, I'm inclined to grab all these amazing images, and make a permanent page for them somewhere for all to admire.
    Would there be interest in this? I'd also need the artists' permission of course.

[edit] I forgot to thank you for your answer, Chris... thanks!

Oh it's coming along OK I guess. I wanted to make a new original picture, but some reason nothing worked for me. So I just decided (a few days ago) that I would color one of my older works and enter that into the contest.

I'm not exectly happy about that but I guess I had a block or something...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast