Thread: About Thief III.

About Thief III.

Arrow About Thief III.

About Thief 3

1. How do like cutsences in Thief 3 ? Large cutsences only, like the cutsence after return to the cathedral.

a. AVI Movies. Like the first two thief games.

b. Build engine cutsences. No AVI movies.

c. No cutsences like Half-Life.

2. Thief and Thief 2 had only one large level for every missions ( besides Trace the courier and Trail of blood ). How do you want the thief 3 missions to be ?

a. One large level per mission.

b. Many levels per mission in hub layout like Deus Ex.

c. Many levels per mission but not in hub layout. Like No one lives forever.

3. Should there be an option to fade away dead bodies ?

a. No

b. Yes

4. Should there be a "No blood" option ?

a. No

b. Yes

My Answer

1. AVI Movies.
    2. One large level per mission.
    3. No
    4. No

Why would you be against the options in 3 and 4? It's fine if YOU want the bodies to stay and the blood to be gory, but there SHOULD be the option of toning those things down for those who want to.

1)A
    2)A
    3)A (reason being that fading dead bodies away drops game difficulty, realism, and immersion)
    4) I'm undecided here. A "no blood" option has the same problems as letting players fade dead bodies away. The title is going to be for mature players anyway simply because of the nature of the game, realism, and spook factor. However, it's considerate to players to allow for some control over the gore level if there's going to be <i>excessive</i> gore by default. Thief I and II have minimal blood and gore with the exception of exploding zombies, so I really don't see the point here.

AAAA

1) and 2) - don't care.
    3) and 4) - Bodies and blood point to the presence of a thief, so you can't just make them disappear.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links ... Zaccheus' hospital blog