Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: New startopia patch (kinda)

New startopia patch (kinda)

I already have DX 9. I just want a graphics card that uses all the features it supports.

A Ti4200 does not have have the same features As a Geforce Fx or a Radeon 9800.

oh,

I dunno about NVIDIA stuff... It's constantly being out done by the new ATI stuff, and the company isn't looking too fine these days either...

ATI all the way!!

New CardID problem

Radeon 8500 64MB w/ Catalyst 3.2 drivers
    DirectX 9.0a

When unpacking a blueprint and putting it down, the blueprint is in all white color, when using the new CardID file. When using the CardID found with the 1.01 patch, I don't have this problem.

I can send you my log file for my graphics card if you need it. thanks.

P.S.

Please make another Startopia game or something similar!

Re: New CardID problem

Originally posted by Wile_E

Re: New CardID problem

Originally posted by Wile_E
    Uh-oh....they're coming!Hide!

the blueprint is in all white color
    *sigh* Oh wouldn't it be great if when IHVs fixed a bug in their drivers, it stayed fixed? Pretty sure I know what this is - please contact webmaster@muckyfoot.com and send me the "your gfxcard.txt" file just to be sure, and I'll get it sorted. Ta.

The only thing worse than a patch is a patch-for-a-patch. Sorry about that folks :-(

TomF - Muckyfoot coder.

gfxcard.txt file sent to you.

I just sent you the gfxcard.txt file. thanks. Oh, what are IHVs?

Thanks - I'll take a look.

IHV = Independent Hardware Vendor. People who make add-in boards - graphics cards, sound cards, etc. ATI and nVidia and so on.

TomF - Muckyfoot coder.

Any luck finding out what was going on with the 8500 and the current Card ID?

Same transparency problem with Radeon 9700 Catalyst 3.4

1.01 cardid works ok, Startopia looks wunnerful forced ani/aa

Can mail gfxcard.txt if needed

Smile

Just reinstalled tonight, I get the same white blueprint issues with my Radeon 9000 128 Pro.

Thanks for the offers of help and for keeping us informed of whats going on with your cards guys.

TomF thinks he's knows whats going on with the above and I've put a new cardid.tom file on the muckyfoot site. Now we've not had chance to fully test it so it's called cardid test for the moment.

Can I be cheeky and request you give us feed back here on if this does indeed fix your issues or not.

Ta

zebra3... ...out

CardID Version 13 9/6/03 - Radeon 9700/XP/Catalyst 3.4 transparency IS fixed. Opened hardcrate plans, room item plans, right side pattern buffer background, missing panes in derelict biodeck sections, all appear correctly.

The hardware T&L graphics option now remains selected between game sessions. All graphics options are ok; 16/32bit, compressed textures, etc. up to 1600x1200.

I apologize for my tardiness. Thank you Mucky, thank you Tom the compatibility mon.

Startopians! This file is *not yet live* on the website. Download, try and report problems if any.

bump bump bump

I have a Radeon 8500, and the Catalyst 3.5 drivers seem to have fixed the problem with the blueprints. I also tried the test ID, and it seems to work fine too.

Thanks for the feed back guys. I've switched the main cardid.zip on the website to the new one.

zebra3... ...out

How about some sort of mini-patch to make multiplayer work properly!! We are trying to start a league, you know!

Does anyone know where i can still get this patch now that muckyfoots webiste is no more? I've got an original copy of the game from way back that i payed 50 bucks for and wanted to reinstall it but i'd like to have this patch for my new computer.

A bit late for Mr. Knight, but I am planning to host all the patches (and maybe some odds and ends) here:

www.eelpi.gotdns.org/startopia/startopia.html

TomF - ex-MF.

i found the demo to startopia last year and loved it so i found startopia by fluke to. i searched every store i could find for months after just for that 1 game. its one of the best games ive ever played and btw i cant stand the stupid sims but do like simcity and this is like simcity with way better sim aliens combined(made for the perfect game )

Originally Posted by KnightRicer
    Does anyone know where i can still get this patch now that muckyfoots webiste is no more? I've got an original copy of the game from way back that i payed 50 bucks for and wanted to reinstall it but i'd like to have this patch for my new computer.
    You can download the mini video card patch from http://www.strategyplanet.com/startopia/files.shtml (it's still up), but I don't know if it is actually necessary when you have version 1.02 installed (is it Mucky Foot?). Patch versions 1.01, 1.01b and 1.02 can be downloaded from the already mentioned website www.eelpi.gotdns.org/startopia/startopia.html.

Anyway... is there any remains of Startopia's community? It's such a great game, and the graphics are not that old at all =/

The latest version of CardID.tom (which is the file inside the mini-videocard patch) is part of the 1.02 "patch". Even if you don't use the 1.02 executable for normal play, just for the graphical demo prettiness, the CardID.tom file is fully compatible with all the previous versions.

It doesn't seem to be necessary to update CardID.tom any more, since all the newer cards I've tried seem to just do everything fast enough and well enough, and don't need any special-case code. But if I do update it, I'll be certain to put it on the same page as the 1.02 patch.

TomF.

Thanks for the answer.

yeah..I didn't need it..been good for years..but thanks for the effort

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last