Thread: School Question for Both Parents and Kids

School Question for Both Parents and Kids

Just curious but how would you all feel if school started at noon.

Around here it runs from 8 - 3 and I wonder what everyone would think about if we moved it up to like 12 - 8. Personally, I have mixed feelings but I was just curious about the rest of you.

Big Grin

that would be terrible! it would screw-up schedules for working parents and teachers and buss drivers and would put dinner on the table very late for some others. ugh i vote NO
    signature image

I'd like it a lot more if it were earlier, not noon, but just even an hour earlier!

I hate having to be up at school everyday by 6:45 am for my 0 hour! AHH!!! I get out of school at 2:20 pm, and I'd be fine with getting out at 3:20, if first hour started at 8:45 am instead.

What would be gained by having it start at noon? What's the advantage? Do people's brains work better in the afternoon and evening than in the morning? No, we're told that most people function best in the first 5 hours they're awake.

Plus, as was said above, that'd be a mess for parents. Leave their kids alone for 4 hours in the morning, and then have them get back at 8? Yeesh.

Would leave more time for chatting with certain people in the morn, so im all for it

No way!! it would screw everything up
    ---

An interesting idea...but I don't think it would fly with everyone.

It would be difficult with everyone's work schedules, if they worked after school and all. Also, when would we do our homework, in the morning? I don't think so.

12-8 school hours would ruin my life. I would much rather start early and have a night life.

Somethings everyone hates, but you just have to put up with them: rain, talk shows, and getting up early for school.

It's the way of the world.

Originally posted by the last frustration
    Somethings everyone hates, but you just have to put up with them: rain, talk shows, and getting up early for school.

It's the way of the world.
    You mean even if I'm in college?

I had to get up at 6 for 3 years in highschool but we had one year of lessons in the afternoon (11 - 18) and it was quite relaxing (getting up late, staying up late, less work at home) and all schools do it so there's no problems with the busses.

It is true that you have less time but only if you want to sleep 10 hours (so I developed quite a night life, my parents didn't like it cause my grades dropped but I got trough and it was the best year of highschool).

P.S. No Dark One it is forbidden for students to get up before 9am.