Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Thievery Setup Question...

Thievery Setup Question...

Question Thievery Setup Question...

OK, I have UT, the 436 patch, Thievery Mutator v1, Thievery UT Beta1 & the Beta Patch 1.1.

First, Is this all I need? If not, what else & where?

Second, where can I find step-by-step instructions on installation?

Thx
    Cheers!

Bman

Feel free to visit the Rogue Gallery
    http://rogueinternational.tripod.com/roguegallery/

I'm 98% sure on this...

Install UT
    Patch it
    Install Thievery UT
    Patch it

You don't need the Thievery Mutator (That was a teaser for us while they were still developing ThieveryUT)

You will end up with 2 different items in your "windows start menu".
    One for UT.....and a seperate one for Thievery.

Hope to see you there soon!
    You can take our forum...but not our history
    http://home.woh.rr.com/rnmssite/statsig.jpg

That's all I did. Install UT, then patched it. Installed Thievery, then patched it. And it was good to go.
    Been having mucho fun with these guys. Get ready BMan, it is a lot of fun. Nothing like regular Thief, lot's of similarities, yet, playing with real people, is totally different.

Thumbs Up Trust, yet Verify (RR)

Cool...

OK... install UT & patch with the 436Patch?
    Then install the Thievery Beta1 & patch with Beta 1.1... right?

And when all this works, where do I meet up with you all? What is the secret password & is there a schedule?

Cheers!

Bman

Thats right Bman.
    You got it.

When you start up Thievery, go to the "find internet games" tab, then go the "Populated Thievery" tab, then you will find about 6-12 servers.
    Ours is the one thats like (}{}Thief{}{) (or something like that)

Send a Private Message to Leatherman or theBlackman for the password and ISP address.

I don't know the schedule, but it seems to be online only on the weekend evenings and maybe wednesday nights?

Maybe you will want to play each level on your own (not online) to get the hang of the controls first though. Thats what I did, but I still suck.

Hey Rick, we are learning aren't we? Last nights Spider level was kick ass. That was fun! Hey nothing like having 2 women gang up on ya aye? And you handled yourself well.

Levels....

Are the levels included in the Thievery Beta1 download?

What are the maps listed at the Thievery website?
    Cheers!

Bman

Yes all the levels are included, just DL and see for yourself what is included!
    Too many maps to name. I am too lazy to type them all. Just DL and start playing.

Yes Bman...all the levels come with the Beta Download. I don't think anyone has made any FM's for it yet.

Definatly BA. That was awesome! I think my hands are still shaking a little!
    I'll remember that one for a long long time! Mel was sitting here with me through that one, and she was even getting excited...
    "watch out!"..."wait".."over there"! haha...it was great!
    I never told you girls....
    I was down to 3 health sheilds almost immediatly after that mission started with no health potions. I think it would have took about 1 hit with anything and I woulda been killed. When you two double teamed me, somehow you knocked me down to 1 health sheild. So that made it even more nerve racking!
    I was tempted to jump off a ledge, just so I could respawn and re-stock, but I was afraid to leave that switch unguarded for more than about 5 seconds! LOL

The next one (where me and Sneak were guarding in "Breakout") was pretty awesome too! Vesper and LM put up one heck of a tough fight. I don't see how it's barely possible to get through those doors in that one, without a full-on frontal assault.

Man..I'm getting hooked on this worse than I was on Thief I think.

Thx!

Thanks everyone,

I will work to get everything loaded & working & hope to see you in the game next weekend!
    Cheers!

Bman

You should be set Bman, just make sure to get some solo games in to familiarize yourself with the controls, weapons/items, AI and especially the maps before you jump into multiplayer.

The server is currently only running on Wednesday (around 8pm EST) and Friday through Sunday evenings (around 6pm EST). I had a request for today since it is a holiday and will do. Look for it around 6pm EST.

The maps listed on the Thievery site are not all included in the current release. Some will be released in the 1.2 patch.

A PM has been sent with the info to join us.

Re: Trust, yet Verify (RR)

Originally posted by BmanRogue
    Cool...

OK... install UT & patch with the 436Patch?
    Then install the Thievery Beta1 & patch with Beta 1.1... right?

And when all this works, where do I meet up with you all? What is the secret password & is there a schedule?

Be certain that you install the THIEVERY into your main UT folder.

It kinda works like DROMED it must be in the same folder as the UT.

Start from the Start-Program menu.

When on-line, start from the Thievery Tab, or from the OPEN LOCATION.

DO NOT START FROM THE THIEVERY FAVORITES.

Thumbs Up WOW!!!

WOW RicknMel! What an account! Tell me more... More stories, more 1st hand accounts, anyone, Please! It sounds fantastic!

[I'm stuck here at work all alone, replaying Calendra's Cistern and chatting with y'all!]

Re: WOW!!!

[I'm stuck here at work all alone, replaying Calendra's Cistern and chatting with y'all!]
    Um, what kind of job do you have that let's you play Thief? I need that job, bad!!!

Big Grin

Originally posted by LeatherMan
    Um, what kind of job do you have that let's you play Thief? I need that job, bad!!!
    Its only on Holidays that I am afforded this luxury... But, I am prepared with TDP and a pile of FMs

Its OK... I turned the boss onto Thief and now he plays it with his son.

...All I need now is a chilled adult beverage and a fine cigar... but, I must wait 'til I get home for that.
    Cheers!

Bman

WOW RicknMel! What an account! Tell me more... More stories, more 1st hand accounts, anyone, Please! It sounds fantastic!
    Here's a small movie that Salvage recorded of one of our games. And then the ending. Enjoy!!

Well...I'm no storyteller, but I can tell ya a bit about Thievery from my perspective (in laymans terms) Just to wet your appetite even more for it.

General game notes.......
    There's about 10-12 different maps
    You get to choose if you're a guard or a Thief, or you can be a rat, and run around watching everyone. Also when you're a rat, you can "attach" yourself to anyones shoulder and watch their game, from their perspective. Thats fun to do when you need a break! You can also learn alot that way (if you don't attach to me)
    You get "x" amount of dollars to spend in the store to get supplies before you start. You start to learn what types of things to buy for each different map. They all have their differences.
    You can chat "real time" during the game:
    You can "whisper" so only people on your team can hear
    or you can "shout" so everyone can hear.
    It hillarious when someone shouts when they meant to whisper!
    (example) ....A thief wants to whisper to another Thief..."I'm hiding under the bridge"...and they shout on accident. LOL!!

From the Thieves eyes..........
    Weapons you are used to from Thief include, a sword, blackjack, water arrows, vine arrows, flashbombs, inviso potion..etc..
    There's also "crack arrows" which make a guard completely disoriented for several seconds (like they're on crack)
    You have your light gem to tell if you're hidden or not. You can run, jump, mantle, creep, and even lay down (although I forget how) Hmmm...maybe I need to learn how so I can "play possum"??
    It's real fun when you plan an attack with another Thief to get past a tricky spot, or tough guard. One can cause a diversion while the other snags the loot or something.

From the guards eyes....
    The thieves resemble "The Keepers" from "Equalibrium". They disappear completely when in the shadows. It's very creepy. You need to use your flares alot to "smoke them out of their holes".
    It's really creepy when your standing there, and a torch thats only 5 feet from you gets doused.
    You're not sure which way to run, or where the water arrow came from.
    You plan your defense by laying mines, and caltrops (paralyser mines) and positioning the AI guards where you want them (you can command their actions)
    You have some new weapons to play with:
    Tag arrows (makes a Thief glow for about 10-20 seconds if you can hit them with one)
    Paralyser arrows (Stuns a Thief for about 5-8 seconds so you can catch up)
    Mace (Sword on steroids)
    The guard team has one supply chest, which give all guards an endless supply of flares and broadhead arrows. But the Thieves can smash it, and then you have to fix it (if you purchased a repair tool) So keep it hidden and/or protected.

Hmmm....I'm sure there's lots more I could write to get you to quit work early...but maybe I'll leave it at that!

Eidt...LOL Leatherman!

Thumbs Up ROTFLMAO

Excellent, LeatherMan!!! Great Movie!

ROTFLMAO!!!

The detail is uncannie and one heck of a story line!

Well Done!!!!!

The actuall "in game" resolution is a wee bit better than that though. Salvage must have a weak video card or something.

Thief Binds???

Can I import or at least reset the control binds for UT like I have them in Thief?

I noticed that the look function was opposite of Thief in UT.
    Cheers!

Bman

LMAO RnM.... :-)

Guess I'll see you later today around the ole Thievery Den? By the by...hope I didn't upset you the other day when I tried to help a little. Just thought you might have wanted to know why you were busted up there in the gallery...? You know I meant well and just from a Rat's perspective...could see what happened You also know that I've got to be the worst at playing this game...so I'm not criticizing you one bit and I think you know me well enough not to take it personally. So not to worry BA...yes we are ALL definately still learning Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win the game, it's how you PLAY it! Have FUN!

Cool Bman Rouge...I'll try to answer a couple of questions...

Basically your movement keys set in Thief will be the same as yours in Thievery. The main difference is in your F keys and your weapon keys. When in game your F1 key will bring up a screen that shows whos playing what and time left in the level and pings for everyone, etc. Just hit F1 again to clear. Do not hit F4 or maybe it''s F5 (can't remember for sure but it will crash your game). Make sure you do your loadout configs for both Thief and Guard but you can only do this when you bring up the game either in Solo (which you should) or in actual game status. Then depending on which character you play...your weapon keys will be fixed to whatever was programmed to the best of my knowledge...one main difference I've found is your sword key. At least in mine where it is number 1 for the original Thief...when I play Guard, it becomes number 3. I don't believe these can be changed as well as others. If I'm incorrect on this, someone please explain?

When you get killed...you need to hit your "fire" button to respawn and hit the V key to reselect one of your loadouts to continue to play and right click mouse again to start. While in game as a Guard...you can also hit the V key to get two selections...one for speech and one for vote. Sometimes, just for fun you can use the speech (by clicking on it) and you'll see certain types of little things that can be vocalized by clicking on one of them. Not done too much but once in awhile we do.

You really need to experiment a bit with it to get familarized with the use/play style...and only in this way are you really going to learn...it's much too big and complex to try and explain everything. Vesper has made some drawings of the maps to try and help learn the way around these areas...where rooms/tunnels etc. are...but only playing and/or spectating (as a Rat, right click to get CAM views of each player in rotation per click) to see how some of its done and where to go. It won't answer all but gives some helpful info for ya. You can also travel around but don't fall/get into a sewer cause you can't get out...at least not till the next patch...or you bring up the console and type "suicide"...then that lets you respawn so you can usually get back up on the ground to continue on your own...to travel around if you want.

That's pretty much what I can tell you as of now...so Good Luck and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win the game, it's how you PLAY it! Have FUN!

Big Grin

Bmanrogue

After the UT or THIEVERY intro hit ESC. this gets you to the main menu page.

In the options menu you can set the controls for any pattern you want. Thief- Thief2 -UT or custom.

When you start either UT or Thievery WAIT WAIT WAIT.

The Game(s) will start to load then there will be a period of time with a Blank screen.

Then there will be some voiceover and cut scenes. At this point ESC will take you to the main menu.

When you select a game or a site. WAIT. The unreal engine seems to take some time to load.

After you have seen the intro once or twice just hit ESC as soon as you hear sound.

Big Grin

Hi !

It's the F4 key you don't want to hit. Crashes the whole danged game. The F5 key is way cool tho, with this you can get a 3rd person view of yourself and F6 will do away with the 3rd person view.

After you have seen the neat intro and listened to the great All is Silent song the first time, just hit the ESC key to bypass that whenever you play again. That will bring up your menu screen and here you can go to Options> Preferences> Controls and you can rebind your keys to what ever your lil' ol heart desires.

I need to spend some time and rebind a few of mine. I'm finding that I can't get to my flashbombs and invisi potions fast enough, and reorder my arrows so that the most used are closer to my left hand. But in the heat of a showdown I get so excited and fumble fingered I don't know if any rebinding is really going to help me.

And don't listen to Huntress......she just thinks she is the "worst" at this game. I have got to be worse than she is. Luckily all the folks playing are most forgiving and don't get mad when I help the team to lose. We still seem to have fun.

I had a heck of a hard time last night when LM switched to Coop and we had self imposed rules of no killing and no KO's and go for max loot,...... heck, Sneak and LM were even playing with no torches put out . I have never ghosted any misssion before and this was a real challange for me, but great fun even if I ended up being a rat a few times and watched Sneak and LM finish up the winning the map. Sneak and I even won a few maps later on, alltho Sneak ended up doing the tuff parts in Aquatone.

Vesper

Thumbs Up It Works!

Well, I got everything loaded and running including my binds!

To everyone that worked on Thievery UT development, I can only say WOW! Bravo! Fantastico!

It runs like a top on my dual AMD 1500s and man, does it look great! The guards look like real brutes... can they be blackjacked?!?

I was only able to spend a few minutes in the Flats. I waltzed around as a guard and took a look at the place and, as I said before... WOW! I can't wait to see the rest.

Where can I get Maps of these places?

Has anyone been able to take a screenshot of the maps from above while in the editor?

Rock-on, I can't wait to see you all on-line!
    Cheers!

Bman

Page 1 of 3 123 Last