Thread: TWEWY Sequel?

TWEWY Sequel?

Originally Posted by deadkode

What a gigantic disappointment. I see they've had to pull down the likes/dislikes bar on the youtube video

Wow, I've never seen them do that before and I've been subscribed to their channel for a while.

Edit -- I can't even see the video on their channel anymore either. Did they outright delete it?

haahahahahah they unlisted the video

They need to finish up with this mobile phone bullcrap immediately.

Originally Posted by CorvoAtano

They need to finish up with this mobile phone bullcrap immediately.

this really sums it up.

First off, the Japanese Square Enix YouTube account has never allowed people to upvote/downvote videos, or make comments on videos. It isn't just the TWEwY video, so stop acting like the entire internet hates the game. (Edit: It seems I was wrong about the upvote/downvote thing, but I was correct about not allowing comments.)

Second, what makes you hate Solo Remix so much? It's a full port of the original game, just optimized for iOS devices. They even kept the original's touch screen gameplay, and expanded it by adding in partners and some other new things. It's sort of expected, considering the original top screen gameplay wouldn't have worked well; iOS devices have very few physical buttons. Plus, the game looks even better now, and the expanded soundtrack can only mean good things.

At least give the game a try before you say it's crappy or anything of the sort. This looks like it'll be a great way for newcomers to experience the game, and I'm sure that if it sells well enough, Square Enix will make a sequel, if they aren't working on one already. This is an example of how developers should treat iOS ports; not as unoptimized cash-ins, but as games that fully take advantages of the hardware.

Originally Posted by Lukar
    First off, the Japanese Square Enix YouTube account has never allowed people to upvote/downvote videos, or make comments on videos. It isn't just the TWEwY video, so stop acting like the entire internet hates the game. (Edit: It seems I was wrong about the upvote/downvote thing, but I was correct about not allowing comments.)

Second, what makes you hate Solo Remix so much? It's a full port of the original game, just optimized for iOS devices. They even kept the original's touch screen gameplay, and expanded it by adding in partners and some other new things. It's sort of expected, considering the original top screen gameplay wouldn't have worked well; iOS devices have very few physical buttons. Plus, the game looks even better now, and the expanded soundtrack can only mean good things.

At least give the game a try before you say it's crappy or anything of the sort. This looks like it'll be a great way for newcomers to experience the game, and I'm sure that if it sells well enough, Square Enix will make a sequel, if they aren't working on one already. This is an example of how developers should treat iOS ports; not as unoptimized cash-ins, but as games that fully take advantages of the hardware.

wow... you said a mouthful

"solo remix"? so that 's what ios version is called... not too shabby.

First off, the Japanese Square Enix YouTube account has never allowed people to upvote/downvote videos, or make comments on videos. It isn't just the TWEwY video, so stop acting like the entire internet hates the game.

Exactly. All of this. I can understand why people can be (mildly, at best) upset for the overdone lead-in to this iOS announcement, but there's absolutely no need to (a) take it out on the game itself and (b) act like, as fans, you are absolutely entitled to Square Enix making a sequel.

Like it or not, mobile devices have become legitimate gaming platforms. If you want to place your blame anywhere, blame it on the consumers who have made things like the iPhone mainstream in the first place, not Square Enix.

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+

First off, the Japanese Square Enix YouTube account has never allowed people to upvote/downvote videos, or make comments on videos. It isn't just the TWEwY video, so stop acting like the entire internet hates the game.

Exactly. All of this. I can understand why people can be (mildly, at best) upset for the overdone lead-in to this iOS announcement, but there's absolutely no need to (a) take it out on the game itself and (b) act like, as fans, you are absolutely entitled to Square Enix making a sequel.

Like it or not, mobile devices have become legitimate gaming platforms. If you want to place your blame anywhere, blame it on the consumers who have made things like the iPhone mainstream in the first place, not Square Enix.

yeah there's no reason to blame someone. just because something else exists.

Some don't hate the game exactly. Some just hate the fact that Square Enix made a full-fledge countdown just for an iOS port that most The World Ends with You fans didn't expect. And it was a horrible surprise to them. Announcing a sequel would have been much more appealing than announcing something that has already been released, but on a different platform.

Also, there are some fans that were pretty tired of Square Enix hopping on the mobile phone bandwagon and crushing it with games that most likely won't make as much (and maybe already released on another platform or somewhere else) and are not appealing to fans. For example, Mensa Academy.

As for making a sequel altogether, it might end up being in the long progress and speculation Kingdom Hearts III would be in.

I'm not saying I dislike the game. I dislike the way Square Enix presented it, acting like it was going to be a sequel, but instead was a port.

Was the countdown overdone and unnecessary? Probably.

Was it thematic? Yes.

The countdown timer is probably one of TWEWY's most important elements.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Judging by this thread, the statistics are as follows:

Want a sequel - 90%

Do not want a sequel - 10%
    look .. im all for sequels but in this case i rather not.. looking at a moral point of view. if i was "him" i think it would be best. to not put anyone though that again. the ending was enough. to crush any possibility for a sequel. and it was an excellent way to end the story. so i ask you this... who in thier right mind would want to go. through that? that feeling of being erased ?... completely nothing? so in that case no sequel ... ih but of coruse the only thing you're going to get close to a sequel is in Kingdom Hearts III.

I was simply stating the statistics, nothing more, nothing less.

Originally Posted by Zack the jerk.

...so i ask you this... who in thier right mind would want to go. through that? that feeling of being erased ?... completely nothing?

Since I am not in my right mind, I'd better not answer your question.

*sighs* that 's not what i meant...

...so i ask you this... who in thier right mind would want to go. through that? that feeling of being erased ?... completely nothing?

Since I am not in my right mind, I'd better not answer your question.

no one said you wasn't in you're right mind. and oops my mistake. what i meant.. to say it's not right to put someone through that.

Does anyone think that there is a possibility of a ps vita port? I mean since it is being ported to ios I believe that a vita port would be great.

no one said you wasn't in you're right mind.

That is incorrect: I did.

Your stats look correct to me.

Thanks, RabbitSuit.

Quoting Siliconera:

"The World Ends With You Director Says He’s Working On Various Things In Addition To Solo Remix"

www.siliconera.com/2012/08/28/the-world-...

"Famitsu has a little article on The World Ends With You: Solo Remixwith a blurb from the original director, Tatsuya Kando.

"Sorry for keeping everyone waiting for new developments with The World Ends With You waiting. Solo Remix is a game with a high level of perfection it won’t feel like a port," Kando said to the magazine. "Players can extend the world further by receiving tweets from Twitter. In addition, we are in the middle of working on various things, but for now please enjoy Solo Remix.""

"“New 7 Days” Says A Teaser In The World Ends With You: Solo Remix"

www.siliconera.com/2012/08/31/new-7-days...

i.imgur.com/hFTTJ.jpg

"Square Enix Holds The Word Ends With You Vocal Audition"

www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-0...

"<cite class="e company">Square Enix</cite> has announced that it will hold a "<cite>The World Ends With You</cite> Vocalist Audition" this year culminating in an open audition to determine a vocal performer for an upcoming <cite class="e company">Square Enix</cite>game.

Entrants to the audition must send in their initial application by September 24. For the first stage of the audition, applicants must record their covers of a song from the <cite>The World Ends With You</cite> <cite class="e company">Nintendo</cite> DS game among a selected group of five. All applications will be reviewed by <cite>The World Ends With You</cite> producer <cite class="e person">Takeharu Ishimoto</cite>, and applicants who make it to the second stage must then send in a performance video. Users will be able to comment on these videos, and comments will be considered to determine who passes to the third stage of the audition. The third stage is scheduled to take place as an open audition in Tokyo on November 26, and applicants who pass the third and final audition will debut in a <cite class="e company">Square Enix</cite>game with music composed by Ishimoto.

An iOS port of <cite>The World Ends With You</cite> was released last month. The port's ending hints at further developments for the title."

"The World Ends With You LIVE Event Has Auditions For A Future Game"

www.siliconera.com/2012/09/18/the-world-...

"This morning, Square Enix announced that, on November 26th, they will be holding a live concert based on the game at the Shibuya O-West concert hall in Shibuya, Tokyo. Composer, Takeharu Ishimoto, who made the announcement, has confirmed he will be present. Further details will be announced at a later date.

This live event will also have another purpose: it will serve as the third stage of an ongoing audition for a vocalist, who will be given the opportunity to participate in a future Square Enix game that Ishimoto is involved in.

Stage 1 involved recording a cover for a song from The World Ends With You . Stage 2 involves a video performance, with the video being published on the net, and viewers being allowed to comment on it. The third and final screening will take place at the live event.

Additionally, Square Enix have also announced a release date for the upcoming The World Ends With You -Crossover- soundtrack album. It will be released on October 10th in Japan for 1,890 yen.

These events are part of an ongoing push for The World Ends With You by Square. It began when characters from the series made guest appearances in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance for the Nintendo 3DS, with creator, Tetsuya Nomura, indicating that Square were thinking of the series&rsquo; future.

Then, late last month, Square Enix ported The World Ends With You to iOS platforms as The World Ends With You: Solo Remix. This version of the game included a teaser at the very end that hinted at what was possibly a new project.

Shortly after the release of Solo Remix, the original game&rsquo;s director, Tatsuya Kando, shared that he is working on other projects related to the series as well."

I hope I can play the sequel on my macbook.

"The World Ends With You is a personal favorite. He [Nomura] wants to broaden it, but right now hopes that people can enjoy the iOS version."

gematsu.com/2012/10/nomura-talks-kingdom...

TWEWY Vocals Auditions - Over 240 Applications

khinsider.com/news/New-Blog-Update-by-Ta...

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last