Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last

Thread: Mark Of Mastery Edition

Mark Of Mastery Edition

Who's getting this awesome collector's edition? I am! I'm so happy they decided to do one for this game. I already have it pre-ordered and paid off!

I'm getting it, too. I had originally preordered the game before the edition was announced, but I was able to transfer what I put down on it to the Mark of Mastery once the game store finally had it in their system.

They still bug me about having to wait two months for it, yet.

I'm gonna head to Gamestop and change my preorder option if they'll let me. Hopefully they will so I can actually get that edition and all the extra stuff with it.

You should be able to without any difficulty, Myst. The store my pre-order's under is EB Games, which is the same company as Gamestop.

They'll let you! I did the same thing with mine!

I will go do that as soon as possible so that I can get all the stuff from the preorder of the regular game plus more. I might just pay it off in the same time. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I upgraded my preorder at Gamestop when I placed my preorder for Theatrhythm, the upgrade cost a little over 16 dollars. I'm super psyched for it, and will probably beg Gamestop to be open at midnight July 31

I'm grabbing this as well. It's nice to get shipping for 99cents to have it on release day.

Shame there's no specific preorder bonus for it though or a store credit/giftcard like with Amazon.

You get three AR cards as a non-MoM preorder bonus, if that's what you mean

Originally Posted by Basho
    That's exactly what I was talking about.

If you were referring to my post, then no. That's not what I mean. I was claiming it's a shame there's no specific preorder bonus when purchasing the limited, mark of mastery, edition.

I was talking to Pers, and... is the MoME not preorder only? So isn't it its own preorder bonus? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the concept here

Originally Posted by Persiangato

If you were referring to my post, then no. That's not what I mean. I was claiming it's a shame there's no specific preorder bonus when purchasing the limited, mark of mastery, edition.

I agree. It would have been nice if they threw in something for that one too.

Hmm, I guess its somewhat of a fair tradeoff if that's the case, but I'm personally thinking that the preorder bonus would stand for both versions of the game.

I'd have more of an opinion on it if we knew exactly what all five of those AR cards in the Mark of Mastery are: there have been six names of rare Spirits tossed around so far. They could be randomized like the AR cards for Kid Icarus Uprising was, or even double sided and possibly unlock ten Spirits total.

Something I read on the gameFAQs board led me to believe that you get the three preorder AR cards, plus two that unlock spirits that cannot be obtained regularly, and are not needed for journal completion

If that was the case, the Mark of Mastery would have the following cards:

<ul>[*]The AR stand[*]The card unlocking R&R Seal[*]The wild card that unlocks either Meowjesty, Sudo Neku, or Ursa Circus[*]A card that supposedly unlocks Frootz Cat[*]A card that supposedly unlocks Kab Kannon[*]Either a card that unlocks Meowjesty for sure, or another rare spirit that hasn't been announced[/list]

Remember that the wording for the Mark of Mastery says that you get the AR stand and five cards that unlock Spirits.

I must have read it wrong, I thought there would just be five cards. Maybe the sixth card unlocks the other two for sure, or it's another exclusive spirit card? I dunno. JUST 58 MORE DAYS 'TIL WE FIND OUT THOUGH!!!! WOOOOO!! *clears throat* sorry, don't know where that came from, guess I'm just tired, it's after midnight here haha

I was talking to Pers, and... is the MoME not preorder only? So isn't it its own preorder bonus? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the concept here

I believe you are. There's no reason to say that the Mark of Mastery edition is preorder only. Those that are tend to be heavily advertised as such, but despite that, there numerous exceptions.

Just recently Max Payne 3's CE was released. It was commonly marketed as preorder only for months with a certain cutoff date more than eight weeks in advance of it coming out. Then Rockstar extended that date to accept more. Despite this, it was reguarly available for sale on PS3/360/PC on Amazon for people that didn't preorder it as well as several store shelves.

There are some "preorder only" limited editions like some more niche titles by NISA and the like. But I don't see how Kingdom Hearts would fall under that since Square Enix is selling it in more locations than just their store personal store through digital river and haven't set an amount on it like 300 total.

Here it's good to define what's a limited edition and what's a collector or special edition. While basically interchangable, they still mean different things. You can still find Collection's Editions on store shelves for quite a while. They have extra content that collector's and fans of the series will love to have, but not necessarily be rare. 343 claimed Halo Reach would have a limited run of their special editions from nearly a year ago and they still plaguee store shelves.

Specifically from Square Enix, the last collector's edition they made for Final Fantasy XIII-2 was not only available for sale through numerous vendors weeks after release (and even to today) it even had a $20 price drop at both Gamestop and Bestbuy two weeks after it was released.

The preorder bonus for the Mark of Mastery edition is basically bragging rights. Which I'm okay with, but I would have loved a credit with Amazon or something.

58 days seems so far away... sigh...

Yes, it is a very long wait still. I completely understand :P

If anything, you or I can run to our local game stores in the morning and simply ask them "if we preordered the special edition, do we still get the bonus?" ;P

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+

Yes, it is a very long wait still. I completely understand :P

If anything, you or I can run to our local game stores in the morning and simply ask them "if we preordered the special edition, do we still get the bonus?" ;P

I know for a fact that they wouldn't know at mine. Mostof them have trouble even knowing what KH3D is, let alone knowing anything about what's included in the collector's edition. I haven't met many SE fans around here.

If you preorder the Mark of Mastery edition, you get the preorder bonus, and the cards in the Mark of Mastery edition.

Originally Posted by Robert Peeler

If you preorder the Mark of Mastery edition, you get the preorder bonus, and the cards in the Mark of Mastery edition.

Since you were kind enough to post, can you clarify this a bit more?

Specifically, how many cards should we expect to receive? Your wording can be seen as you receive the preorder bonus plus the five AR cards or you receive what's in the preorder bonus within the five AR cards.

Admin confirmation is the best thing.

(I keep wanting to say developer confirmation since, while Square is devving KH3D and (err) Master Peeler works for the company, my mind is thinking of a completely different game I play too much where people seem to refer to everyone as "the Devs".)

Yay! Thanks for clearing that up, Robert!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last