Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Mission 7 Tips

Mission 7 Tips

NoLimit Guest

Mission 7

Hi, I just got on to mission 7. And I've just been attacked by an opponent. I ended up winning. All their staff was disabled. So could you please tell me what happens now to all of their buildings? Also, during the battle, I noticed that all my energy had gone. I still had an energy collector and it was still untouched. I repacked it and built it again, and i still had the same problem. What do I do?

Cheers
    NoLimit

Hey. Welcome to the forum.

1) Firing lasers uses up energy, so in combat it will drain down. You can only get it back thought normal means.

2) His buildings will be captured when you claim his segment. You have to claim his segment to do this. Once done the bulkhead closes and you can continue as normal(ish).

If by some wild chance you don't know how to claim segments - it's one of the tutorial missions . . . but involves sending a Fuzzer accross to the lock inside that segment on the opposite bulkhead.

Hope that helps!

NoLimit Guest
    Thanks. Ill have to wait a while to get back on Mission 7 as the whole game messed up and i had to re-install. I'm on Mission 2 at the moment :/ Anyway thanks.

NoLimit

Ah. Bad luck. Hope it works when you finally get there.

Also - have you go the patch?

I love getting all the enimies buildings. I just seel them back to arona though. Quick money

NoLimit Guest
    Yeah I got the patch. But it just won't install it. It says the cd-rom is missing. Yet I've still got the CD in the drive.

Really? That's odd . . .

Can't help you on that one I'm afriad! Maybe someone else can . . .

Thats not a Startopia problem...

Originally posted by NoLimit
    Yeah I got the patch. But it just won't install it. It says the cd-rom is missing. Yet I've still got the CD in the drive.
    Does your computer detect your CD-ROM when it boots up? Do you have your computer turn on your CD-ROM (in the BIOS) when it boots up? Do other CDs work in the CD-ROM?

Answer those three questions and solved will your problem be.

I have had I similar problem with another game (Desperado). I solved it by downloading a noCD-patch. Only do this if you OWN the game and DO NOT copy it to your friends. We all want Startopia 2 doesn't we (I've read the old threads about this topic but you can still dream, can't you?) and its illegal to copy games.

Thumbs Up

Try reinstalling from scratch, make sure to copy your save games to a backup first though!

Tell if that works.

Starmapper, you probably have a scratched CD, same for you NoLimit.

Nope
    It worked in the store, when I went back to get a new copy. It's my CD/DVD that is the problem. If I have a DVD in the drive when I start the computer, the computer will not start (restarts after memorycheck).

Do you have the newest drivers and updates?

Originally posted by Ghyron
    Do you have the newest drivers and updates?
    It was the first thing I checked. Then I but it away for 6 month. Then a I tried with the no-cd because I had have problem with the DVD-drive. And I did even get better performance on the game (The small part that loaded before the game froze).

Nowadays I don't care. I don't have any dvd, so that's not a problem. Desperado is the only game that showed this type of problem. I will replace the DVD with a CD-burner (when I get a job).

To get low prices on computer stuff.

www.directron.com has good deals on all computer parts. Look there to see which cd-burner you want, then comparison shop by entering in the exact name of the product in any search engine(www.google.com is reccomended).

Originally posted by MunkeeChum
    I love getting all the enimies buildings. I just seel them back to arona though. Quick money
    Why? I prefer packing them up and putting them into my own part of the station. That way, I make much more money because,

More buildings=more people

More people=more money

More money=more buildings

More buildings=more money

And the cycle continues.

But really, in the long run you get more money using the building then you do selling it. (assuming its not a recycler or a cargo hold or something like that, those I sell) But then again it's all up to playing style. Quik Bucks versus Long Term Investment.
    "I stepped out, I did not step down."- Volrath The Fallen

NoLimit Guest
    Lo again,

Going through the missions to try and get back to mission 7, im slowly but surely getting there :P

I think it's on mission 4 or 5 when u have to build the lockdown brig and deal with all the criminals. I was watching the security scuzzers arresting the aliens. Some of them it comes up with an icon above the scuzzed, with a cross over bars. I understand this means they cant arrest them, but why? Also I watched a little longer and another scuzzer came along and took the alien straight away... ?

Cheers
    NoLimit

Originally posted by NoLimit
    I was watching the security scuzzers arresting the aliens. Some of them it comes up with an icon above the scuzzed, with a cross over bars. I understand this means they cant arrest them, but why? Also I watched a little longer and another scuzzer came along and took the alien straight away... ?

Cheers
    NoLimit
    There was no cell vacant when the first scuzzer tried to arrest the peep, and when the other came, someone had been released. A trick I used was to turn off the energy to the port when I couldn't handle all criminals. But be careful when you turn on the energy again. All generated peeps during the turnoff will arrive, so you maybe have to do it again when right amount of peeps has arrived.

NoLimit Guest
    Ok got it, common sense eh

Cheers
    NoLimit

Question mission7

Hello,
    I am on Mission 7 and I am totally lost with combat. I was fine in the tutorials, but who wouldn't be?? Anyway, I have gotten to the point where they break my bulkhead and we start fighting. I usually start with around 20000 eu's but intevitably, I eventually run out of power. I lose all of my security scuzzers right away, so I can't take over any new sectors. Anyway, any strategy help here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cool

Welcome to this evershining jewel of the forums' world, sector Uppel Heepo, StarTopia forum.

Before waging war make sure you build a line (or even more than one) of security columns along the bulkhead to be breached and one or two Security Column guarding your bulkhead lock (primary goal of enemy scuzzer).

Just in case of emergency when the war is up keep one security scuzzer in your pattern buffer.

Computer will try to invade you but even small fighting force will stand against the enemy. If they fight you on the border there are columns wreaking havoc upon them and if they run deep into your territory then their laser-weapon power is reduced greatly.

Each enemy resident killed will purge 1000 e of your enemy's reserve (you can kill even not weapon wielding races like sirens - just target them manually) and soon he'll get numerous power failures. Then you can start destroying enemy buildings in vicinity staying close to your columns. Destroy enemy scuzzers that attempt to repair that building. When the number of enemy scuzzers is rerlatively small and enemy energy collector is one or less segment away and if your military force is considerable force then attack it. with energy collector down retreat to your segments as their remaining scuzzers will explode, injured fighters being prone to death.
    V I S I O N T H I N G, rest in peace.

ahh yes, another mission 7 thred, at the old forum i remember hundreds of them... well, not that many, but a lot. and what pinky said was pretty much completely true. the line or two of towers, and one by your bulk head. but who needs to target their aliens, i just put a rally point, at the border of the new segment, at my own bulkhead.... thingy, and one last one at their bulkhead.... thingy.

put all the priorty on the one at the border, and kill any enemy that come across, once pretty much all of them are dead, move all your men to his bulkhead thingy (i've completely forgetten what they are, sorry) and drop 2 or so fuzzers on your side who will then waddle over and start to take over, any enemy that attacks them, kill 'em.

your tower by your bulkhead thingy will kill all their fuzzers one after another, so you pretty much can't lose. the only problem is, it takes away all the challenge once you do this, so if at all possible, don't use all the towers, just hire truckloads of gors and salt hogs and targs, and make more muster points in stratigic loactions. one tip if your having trouble. DON"T go after the enemy energy collecter. their lasers are very powerful in that segment, and if they have ANY scuzzers it will be impossible, besides, when you do get around to taking that segment, FREE ENERGY COLLECTER. hope this will help too.
    "does half-god phycho killer sephiroth know why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?"
    "they have little brown swirls of blood, THEY MUST DIE TO NURIOUSH ME. well!? am i right kid!?!"
    "yes, of course sir, completely right"

And remember. Attack is the best defense. I think I have never lost a war when I attacks, and never won when he attacks.

Smile thank you!

Thank you for all your help! I finally got through mission 7. For those of you looking for help, you may want to retake the tutorial on combat, just as a refresher... it did help me! By the way, I did keep the energy collector... it was nice to have over 200,000 eu's for once!

-me

It was really hard for me on mission 2 at first. I actually got through with 100 cures and 10 deaths

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last