Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Thread: Mission 7 Tips

Mission 7 Tips

Don't worry about it. We were all newbies once.

What's the punishment for excesive quoting again? I've lost my Guide to Newbie Initiation Handbook.

Originally posted by Hand-E-Food
    Don't worry about it. We were all newbies once.

What's the punishment for excesive quoting again? I've lost my Guide to Newbie Initiation Handbook.
    Thank goodness you lost the Guide. It might have been a 15 minute keel-hauling around the Startopia Station with 13 minutes of air.

Regards,
    Doug

No, that one's for insulting StarTopia without reason. And we're not so cruel to remove the air. We just double the gravity.

Originally posted by Hand-E-Food
    No, that one's for insulting StarTopia without reason. And we're not so cruel to remove the air. We just double the gravity.
    ouuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

You think you've got it bad? Do ya? Yeah, well then we double the gravity again!

And that's before we even think about bileworm or memau incubators, he he he....

[Wanders off into the distance, cackling evilly...]

The first time I played this mission i won fairly easily. Now however, i'm getting my butt whooped. Arona only offers the SC once, and hardly any Gor show up to my station. I'm makin a large part of my bio deck hot and dry to try and attract Gor, have a combat store and such, but none show up. Also, squatters start attacking me fairly quickly before i even have time to hire enough troops. Any suggestion/tips welcome and appreciated.

paks

The only two suggestions I have are to either build a stardock to attract merchants who might also sell security columns or to build a lab and a factory and try to research them yourself. Don't rely on Arona, reliability is not his byword.

Personally, I think mission seven is the hardest in the game. Really, I find the Zedem Conclave, the Siren Agency, even the Polvakien Aristocracy easier.

This could help, however.

Firstly, remember the retail stores were put into the game for a reason. Build lots of them, but keep the litter under control. Buying a recycler, then a bunch of retail stores works well, as long as you use the pause key liberally. Unless Arona takes it upon himself to supply you with twelve litter-bins, anyway.

Expand one segment to the West, but no more! The western-most AI is the most cramped and will not hesitate to attack you. The AI to the east has a segment behind it to expand into.

Use your retail stores to generate revenue, and invest in either a Laboratory or a Star Dock. Then use whichever one you got to full capacity (ie researching those much-needed litter-bins, or hoping a Gor turns up, because you NEED THOSE COLUMNS!!!) and get the next one. The AIs have a nasty habit of grabbing the traders before you even decode them, so an extra comsensor or two would be a good idea. But remember, you're trying to fit all this in just three segments! Good layout is essential. And keep some space for a Factory to churn out those fuzzers, as well as some space by your bulkhead door's lock for Security Columns (on the inside, naturally).

Research the fuzzers to maximum tech (optional, but really nice if you can do it), and keep on churning them out. Also hire as many staff as you can get your hands on. Don't bother hiring the Greys, as they're basically cannon fodder. Instead, get a whole mass of Targ, Gors and Salt-Hogs hired and assemble them near your bulkhead door. Make the Gors your priority, then your Targ, and lastly your Salt-Hogs. Hire them according to loyalty, and if your economy is really booming you can even promote them to maximum. If there aren't enough on the station, wait for more to board. Eventually you'll have a large force waiting for the cry of "SMASH TIME!" Don't disappoint them, but instead invade... with all of your forces concentrating on the enemy bulkhead lock!

Then do the dirty deed. And remember, a wise Administrator always has a Scuzzer in his buffer in case the impossible happens.

On a closing note, only blow up security columns if you have to. Remember that you can capture and reposition them. After the first Administrator falls, your other opponent's spirit will be broken; once I even had an open-door policy with the poor soul. It made me feel quite guilty about completing my objectives.

IMPORTANT!
    The above walkthrough depends heavily on when the opponent chooses to attack. I have, myself, decided that this mission is IMPOSSIBLE sometimes. Therefore, remember that if the opponent attacks before you get a Star Dock or Laboratory, it's not my fault, honest! Besides, you can always manipulate the code to achieve the desired results (I often set the scripts to give me an instant win after I've reformatted so I can get to a particular mission straight away, for example). Not that I advocate such tactics. Ahem.

As I said before, for security columns make sure you line some up next to a segment you plan to breach and put one next to your own segment interface to take out any security scuzzers trying to capture your segment. Remember the old axiom : No battleplan survives first contact with the enemy. Generally once the fighting starts it's very hard to target any individual so you really need that column to protect your segment. I've targetted enemy scuzzers as soon as they start hacking into my segment and still had nobody come and shoot at them.

Well, i beat it. The first couple of times i played it, I tried saving money for turrets and soldiers by NOT buying a stardock. But then i tried it with buying a stardock right off and was suprised how easily i won.

paks

Originally posted by Paksman
    Well, i beat it. The first couple of times i played it, I tried saving money for turrets and soldiers by NOT buying a stardock. But then i tried it with buying a stardock right off and was suprised how easily i won.

paks
    Although it can be a little unpredictable and unreliable, generally trading is the best source of items and revenue in the game. The factory and laboratory combo also works but while the factory offers a discount the merchants can offer more of a discount.

My only gripe with merchants is they tend to arrrive in groups so you can't trade with them all and the merchant you ask to dock may go to someone else. Of course building a second star dock can solve some of that problem.

True. I often build no less than three Star Docks in a single-player sandbox. Just to get all the traders. The crazy thing is, I find myself missing traders because I'm already trading with someone when they call. I think the main reason the traders come so thick and fast is to prevent the best Administrators gaining too much of a monopoly on them. In which case, a good job on balance to the late, lamented MF!

Thumbs Down Mission 7 game bug - No completion

Looks like I'm having the same bug as the other guys/gals who reported it. Glad it's not just me. I've tried mission 7 3 times now. Massacred the enemy. I have control of every available segment on every level. I have all available technology and all buildings, a huge army etc, but still no completion. No mission 8 available either for that matter.

Looks like a "feature". Not sure if there's a fix out for it. Might resort to looking for a crack / cheat tomorrow to skip mission 7.

Good luck with it..

Unhappy

Originally Posted by katesimon
    Looks like I'm having the same bug as the other guys/gals who reported it. Glad it's not just me. I've tried mission 7 3 times now. Massacred the enemy. I have control of every available segment on every level. I have all available technology and all buildings, a huge army etc, but still no completion. No mission 8 available either for that matter.

Looks like a "feature". Not sure if there's a fix out for it. Might resort to looking for a crack / cheat tomorrow to skip mission 7.

Good luck with it..:confused:
    hey all! i wanted to blow my brains out cuzz i've played mission 7 for 10 F* times and couldn't complete it :(( i've got all segments, on all 3 decks, and while in war didn't destroy neither 1 enemy building! czz i thought, u know... :)

few days ago i tried to play it again i this time i couldn't takeover any segment (??!!) the door opene, and closed, after i clicked that takeover thing..

:(

is this fixed with 101 version?

i know it's weird that that happens..

it's never happened to me ever so far with or with out the patchs..weither it's 1.0/1.01/1.01b/1.02

odd..maybe you have a different release i have the us one..who knows..maybe you did something out of order? although that mission is pretty straight forward..

hah well i didn't give much imput but i just felt like posting

heres a linky i'm sure you've seen it earlier in the forums and if not here yah go..just some downloadable material and info

linky
    A simple Startopia fan and player

After destroying the Energy Collecter of the Yellow enemy.

I proceeded to pack up all the rooms that that yellow had exact copies of.

Taking the Security columns for a attack on red.

For some srange reason I can't get my sercurity Skuzzers to breach the any more rooms belonging to the enemy.

I have checked locks on all three levels. while two of them can only be opend from myside. The other is just adea end. IS there something I have forgotten?

After reading through most of the entries on this forum and finding the bit advice about changing Computer enmey A.I. status from friend to foe.

I tried this and it worked. Mission done.

I think it's almost a understandable mistake seeing as this aspect of the game was never covered in the tutorial or was it? I don't remember it anyway. Though, I think that this mssion is really meant tobe be over and done with quickly and not drawn out into forty-eight hour seige. Perhaps both enemies are meant to be beaten at the same time or one right after the other after you have very quickly built your own militia.

The Zendem Conclave mission finished easier enough, as I could complete this mission without much exspansion ( Or Thinking!!) to the tech and pleasure level of the station I was given , though I did buy out all of the Biodeck that was possible right from the start. I'm not sure what was with the five Memau crates I was given and I kept playing and expanding all the sections of deck as I wanted see them turn into Schrashers, but they seem to all disappear after awhile. The problem here was that, I opened most of their crates all in the same area and did research on one of them in the laboratory. I should have spread them out more.

Anyway, upon finishing this completed mission, I was put under the false impression that was it. That was the last one on the list. But I checked the scroller to move down further and there's misson nine. Another simple mistake that could have been fixed. The full list of missons oughta be shown on the screen for the player to see unhighlighted ( Of course!!!) until the player has reached that stage. Alot of people might think thats the end of the single player game. You want more, you play in Sandpit mode. Though that is not the case.

However the Polvakian Aristocracy requires more thought.

It's not over till the credits roll...

Mission 7 isn't that hard once you get the hang of combat, you should be able to knock it over in a few hours. Play the mission again, you will be suprised how quickly you can do it.

If you are after extra missions visit http://startopia.wideopen.biz, I have about 30 missions to download. Also there is a guide on waging war with plenty of tips on the combat part of the game.

Page 4 of 4 First First 1234