Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concerts, anyone?

Thumbs Up

Saw Bon Jovi again this summer, they never fail to please me! Hoping to go see My Chemical Romance and Evanescence (if we can get tickets) in November!

*another Boston fan over here......an essential part of the 80s for me!
    signature image Laramaniac signature image
    "Ohhh.....that's where we put the temple!!"

(Evanescence.. excellent )

I remembered now. Warped Tour.
    To be proud of virtue, is to poison yourself with the antidote

Big Grin

Last year or the year before I saw Green Day live in San Francisco. Now that was a great show a sold out stadium and a great set. Even if you’re not a fan of their music I feel that they have an amazing stage presents that really gets you pumped up.

So we all talked about bands that we have seen, let me ask you this question. If time wasn’t an issue what concert would you like to have been able to see? (For example get to have seen Woodstock even if you weren’t born yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Winston Smith
    If time wasn’t an issue what concert would you like to have been able to see? (For example get to have seen Woodstock even if you weren’t born yet)
    (BWS, you're a cool dude)

..But I would've seen Mudvayne.

Anyone know/remember .38 Special? Could have seen them last Thursday if I'd known sooner they were going to be around my area.

If anybody is interested and is going to be in the New York area in December,
    my old band Formaldehyde Blues Train is doing a reunion gig in Red Hook Brooklyn on December 9.
    Here's a taste...
    VOODOO NECTARINE
    GRIZZLY DlCK.
    signature imagesignature imagesignature imagesignature image
    "Doomsday device?...I suppose I could part with one and still be feared..."
    Skusting's deviantArt gallery <-updated with regularity regularly!

Quote Originally Posted by LARAMANIAC
    Hoping to go see My Chemical Romance and Evanescence (if we can get tickets) in November!
    I would love to see Evanescence one day too
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

Mum said:
    I would love to see Evanescence one day too
    Ditto!

Thumbs Up

We saw Pearl Jam last night and all I can say is that they were bloody awesome!!!! We didn't end up taking our camera in as they weren't allowed and they searched everyone at the door, we weren't even allowed chewing gum. I should have got my husband to just shove the camera down his pants but of course we think of these things when its too late. I got a couple of photos on my phone but I've got to wait for my husband to bring the download cable home from work. I'd forgotten just how great the concert experience is and I definetly won't be leaving it another eight years before I go to another.
    signature image

Went to the Bar None Records 20th Anniversary party Saturday and saw a whole bunch o' bands, including They Might Be Giants and Freedy Johnston.
    Great time!

Thumbs Up

ooooooooooooooo nice one, Mum! Glad you had a great time - the anticipation and wait were worth it, I bet!
    signature image Laramaniac signature image
    "Ohhh.....that's where we put the temple!!"

Lightbulb

I didn't get to see the RHCP or Atreyu due to some melodrama involving the individual who was supposed to go with me. (I'd rather be out the money than my sanity...LoL!) I may be hitting the Disturbed / Stone Sour / Flyleaf & Nonpoint show on the 16th of December though.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Winston Smith View Post
    So we all talked about bands that we have seen, let me ask you this question. If time wasn’t an issue what concert would you like to have been able to see?
    Oh, there are quite a few, but off the top, I would have loved to have seen Led Zeppelin live, and Billie Holiday, and Johnny Cash, and and and... just once. *sigh*
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

Quote Originally Posted by LARAMANIAC View Post
    ooooooooooooooo nice one, Mum! Glad you had a great time - the anticipation and wait were worth it, I bet!
    Thanks LM, it was definetly worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Umah Bloodomen
    I didn't get to see the RHCP or Atreyu due to some melodrama involving the individual who was supposed to go with me.
    Thats too bad Umah! I've been watching Ebay for tickets for Chilies, last week there were two tickets to the Brisbane concert in the "Chili Bowl" going for over $1000au and climbing

Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
    I would have loved to have seen Led Zeppelin live
    Me too!
    signature image

Three hours to showtime!
    Expect some pix....

Well the only concert I've been to so far was the Leave's Eyes and Atrocity gig at the Corner hotel, right here in Melbourne.The two local support bands were really cool and Atrocity was very loud. I actually wish I grew my hair long enough to headbang at the concert and I saw lots of female fans wearing a similar dress as the Leaves' Eyes vocalist.All in all the best metal concert so far.
    "Damn you, Kain! You are not God! This act of genocide is unconscionable! " ~ Raziel, Soul Reaver

Lightbulb

Looks like I'm going to see Mushroomhead again tonight and (with any luck) Disturbed, Stone Sour, Flyleaf and Nonpoint tomorrow night.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

concerts? yes please!

Aug 12 2005 - Flogging Molly headlining at the Irish Fair of Minnesota, first concert, wasn't to familar with FM at the time, but my friend wanted me to go, it was a good time, and got me into FM and concerts.

Feb 4 2006 - Flogging Molly headlining! by this time, i had completely gotten into FM, fantastic concert. Wild pit, just the way i like it

May 8 2006 - Coheed and Cambria, Avenged Sevenfold, 18 Visions. I was there for Co&CA, and they were incredible. Lots of energy, but sitting through Avenged Sevenfold before them was horrid. I cant stand that band

July 14 2006 - Lacuna Coil and Dragonforce. I was there for LC, my favorite band. They had tons of energy, although it seemed me and my friend were the only ones who knew them. O.o everyone was there for Dragonforce, who I don't really care for. Oh well, LC had a monster performance, even if the crowd didnt

October 14 2006 - Never Shave Again Tour! (aka, Silverstein, The Devil Wears Prada, The Stickup, and Aiden) All the bands were excellent, except for Aiden. I went there for Silverstein, but came out a TDWP and TSU fan too.

and most recently, I saw Lacuna Coil and In Flames on Monday the 18th. WOW, LC was incredible, my favorite band. The crwod was excellent, very into them. Theyve been on the road for so long, but have incredible energy. And theyre coming back for a US headlining tour in March. I suggest you all check them out...awesome stuff
    ---

Red Face (Embarrassed) concert

Yes.I am going to see the Cheetah Girls on January 20,2007.

Pix from The X Brothers in Union Square on April 10th for ASPCA Day.

Here's some YouTube video of them shot by the ASPCA...
    Don't Fear the Reaper
    Burnin' for You

I jammed a bunch of Stones and Doors with them last night at Chat 19 in Larchmont, NY and played the cowbell on Reaper!

Cool

hopin to see greenday sometime, they rock!
    signature image

i have my Aerosmith ticket ready and waiting in my top drawer for hyde park im soooooooooooooo excited love steve tyler , going with hubby and daughter xxx roll on june xxxx

Aerosmith throws a great show! You'll have fun!
    It's been years since I've seen them.

Went to a Rockfest in Rauma, Finland last summer and saw notables such as Lordi (spectacular fireshow), Stratovarius, Kotiteollisuus, etc.

October 18th, 2007 - Nightwish at the Docks in Toronto!

I'm buying my tickets soon, can't wait =)

I can't wait until next weekend! Im going to the DC101 Chili Cook-off to see Breaking Benjamin among a several other awesome bands

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast