Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Thread: Time Travel?

Time Travel?

Time Travel and what would you do with a Time machine. StarTrek got into this conv.

What things would you most likely do if you had a time machine (which works ok and allows u to travel thru time).

Forget the headaches of Temperoral Mechanics for a second and think about it...

( TMs like an endless loop of ??? when thinking like; well If I traveled back in time to tell myself not to find the time machine, then why did I find it in the first place? Since I didnt find it I should be here right? ) For more TM, watch Star Trek

Anyways... What would you do??

I would probobly go in the future to see how man kind turns out in about 3-4 centuries. (24th-25th century).

Would probobly go back in time and warn myself of most of the bad things that happend to me in life so I can either avoid or better cope with (hey, it does help to be prepared for any situation, right?) those problems. which already happend but It would be different when I got back which means I didnt travel back in time but wha?!

... I'm getting a headache ...

Big Grin

I'd go one week in the future to learn the lottery numbers to play this week

lol. I think thats a gimme.

I'd probobly do that for ever and end up owning the universe

I can't believe I was genuinely digging around in my mind for a place in history or the future that I would like to see, and I never even thought about playing the lottery!

I dunno, aside from the lottery thing, I'd like to go back in time and see how all these historical places came into being--y'know Stonehenge, the Pyramids, etc. Just watch and see how they all get put together. Sounds cheesy, I know...I'll pay for it all with my lottery winnings...

Thumbs Up

Yep, the pyramids would be a good choice for time traveling... as well the ancient Greece. The problem, I guess, would be not speaking the tongue of the old peoples, and they could think we were kind of gods... or evil entities, so they might fancy cutting our heads off eek LOL

Big Grin Good idea!

Hey, I wouldn't mind being a worshipped goddess in ancient Greece. I'd just have to make sure I took along lots of impressive modern goodies like real food, and lots of electronic stuff, and an ample power supply of some sort. Just put on a glitzy light show to keep the simple pastoral ancient cultures in your thrall.

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/...grinser018.gif LOL http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/...grinser018.gif

do u watch/watched ST: TOS?

Do you recall kirk and the gang debating about "what if" the greek gods were aliens with super abilities and technology. (and would obviously be worshiped)

I dont know much about greece. Only the gods I know a bit about..

I guess I should research upon this new god right? If you traveld back in time and became a god .. and we're here now..

Big Grin

Yep, I saw that episode. The one where they met Apollo and ended up frying his temple. And I thought Greek gods were supposed to be nice looking. They couldn't have found a goofier looking guy for the part...

could u imagine if that episode was filmed in the today times, how different and more realistic it would have looked.

Just look at the nebulas in voyager and the rest

Thumbs Up Re: Good idea!

Originally posted by Rook
    Hey, I wouldn't mind being a worshipped goddess in ancient Greece. I'd just have to make sure I took along lots of impressive modern goodies like real food, and lots of electronic stuff, and an ample power supply of some sort. Just put on a glitzy light show to keep the simple pastoral ancient cultures in your thrall.

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/...grinser018.gif LOL http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/...grinser018.gif
    LOL That would be so cool I just hope your time machine has plenty of room for all that stuff
    It's a pit you can't find a UPA power supply terminal everywhere

can u imagine going thru customs? lol

"Do you have anything to declare?"

"Em, yes. This discombobulator which wont be invented for the next 500 years.. The cure for the common cold that I got before there were dinosaurs... oh! and this turkey I picked up in florida last week."

Big Grin

LOL, mrdefender!

Originally posted by mrdefender
    could u imagine if that episode was filmed in the today times, how different and more realistic it would have looked.

Just look at the nebulas in voyager and the rest
    That would be pretty cool! They ought to do remakes of a lot more of the classic episodes.

I'm partial to the "Next Generation," myself.

Originally posted by invader
    LOL That would be so cool I just hope your time machine has plenty of room for all that stuff
    It's a pit you can't find a UPA power supply terminal everywhere
    Heehee, or a whole lot of batteries!!

I'd probably have to have a time machine made out of a bus, or something even bigger, just to carry all my goodies around in! I'd be hopping around through history garnering worshippers and collecting artifacts and antiques from various time periods. I can afford to pay for it after I've won the lottery twenty or thirty times--if the authorities haven't caught on by then...

Big Grin

umm... that could be real a problem! Maybe you would have to ran away. Which would make a better hideout future or past??

A bus is a good idea, but I have to say you seem to be a greedy archeologist

Remember taking us for a ride, K? Except you get wanted for the lottery stuff sure

Big Grin heeheehee

I think I'd look pretty out of place trying to hide in any time period. If I go to the past, I'll look all technological. They'll probably burn me at the stake for being a "witch" or something. And if I go to the future, I'll look really low-tech. Of course, maybe it's better to go to the future looking like an antique than it is to go to the past and look like a demon--unless people in the future are all cyborgs and they sentence me to death for being inferior! EEK!http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/...rachlos040.gif

Of course, greed would win me over in the end. I would have to pick up a few artifacts along the way...ok, A LOT of artifacts!

And sure I'll take you guys along! There's lots of room on the bus. Just be sure you don't sit on the samurai swords or the Monet paintings--I plan to sell those! And if I go to jail for cheating the lottery and stealing stuff from various time periods, you're coming with me!!

just the that timeship from voyager i think its the uss relativity or something.

Or the timeship form ST: Armada 1. that was a good looking ship.

Lots more room to put artifacts

Exclamation

Oooh, I want the timeship from Voyager (don't think I've seen the other one before )! That'd work even better--and look a lot more stylish, too! I didn't really think a time-traveling bus sounded like a very sweet ride, anyway...

And I still think it'd be fun (and a little bit evil) to go back in time and freak out a few "primative" people with some modern technology...LOL

one of the reasons they have the prime directive & the temporal pd.

I guess we'll have to be like kirk. Mention how starship captains vowed to give their lives instead of breaking the P.D then break it in every episode.

Big Grin

That's what makes having something like the Prime Directive so funny. It was certainly a nice idea, but in practice, it was all too easy to break the rules...every time... I don't know if I'd play by their rules, anyway. I might just build, buy, or steal a timeship and make up the rules as I go. LOL

And, since we're on the subject, what's your favorite Star Trek Episode(s)?

almost all episodes of voyager and any other series that has q in em. Robert Picardo (EMH) did good bones impressions. (i.e I'm a doctor not a voyeur when he was "overhearing" a conversation on the bridge)

I liked DS9 when they were at war with the dominion and Capt. Sisko asks Ensign Nog if he knows where he's going and Nog awnsers "If I get lost, i'll just follow the ship infront of us." then it cuts to a scene with a huge armada of federation, klingon and romulan ships!

I love space battles of DS9.

As for TNG.. Mostly the time travel stuff there. and the ones with Q

I didnt like any TOS episodes, personally. they're ok but TNG was the first series I saw, the begining of DS9 kinda discouraged me of watching that series then I got stuck on voyager! that one rocked!

Well. I guess I should stop typing before I write a novel on the topic :b

Cool

Well. I guess I should stop typing before I write a novel on the topic :b
    I'd buy a copy.

I liked a few original Trek episodes, but most of it was just a bit too corny for me. My favorite Next Gen episodes would have to be the ones with Q (especially the one where he became human), as well as those involving time travel, and the Borg.

DS9 did get a good bit better during the war. I liked the episode where Cisco is recounting on record how he misled the Romulans into joining the Federation in the war, then he erased his statement at the end. That was cool! And I liked the odd little episode (though I only saw it once, and I'm at a loss to remember the exact details) where you see Cisco's son in the future telling a story about how Cisco got caught in an alternate dimension--or something like that. Like I said, I'm at a loss for the details on that one, but I did like it pretty well. Wish I could see those two episodes in particular again...

As for Voyager, I kind of lost track of it when it switched to cable, and ever since they started playing episodes back on regular television, I always seem to miss them anyway. AARGH!! I did get to see the first couple of seasons, though.

I'd say my favorite Trek film would have to be First Contact...

you missed a good series

If you want, I can tell u how it ended. I remember it like it was yesterday.

and I have trouble remembering what I talked about yesterday on ICQ with my dad... (thank god for the history option)

Big Grin

you missed a good series

If you want, I can tell u how it ended. I remember it like it was yesterday.
    I'm all ears! Especially since I probably won't get to see the last few seasons any time soon--and certainly not in order. I only seem to catch bits and pieces of various episodes every once in awhile when I actually get home from work in some kind of decent time.

its too long to do it now. caught yas online. i can see you in the currently online list @ the top.

I'll post 2morrow.. err.. sometime today..

(its 2am )

Big Grin

(its 2am )
    Same here! Oh well, I can wait...

Voyager: Series Finale - ENDGAME PART 1

Well. Obviously, this contains spoilers about the series finale of voyager.

As the other series, the finale is/was composed of 2 parts which played after the other. The title was "Endgame" (part 1/2).

I'm not gonna discribe every scene but I will discribe the ones with relavence.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The opening sequence:

You see voyager with fireworks being shot around it. Voyager then performs some barrel rolls and maneuvers to do a pass under a part of the golden gate bridge then increases speed to get above the bridge. In the mean time, the announcer speaks about the thriumphant return of voyager after 33 years and finaly came back. The scene cuts to people on the bridge cheering. The announcer says that, while the screen (real camera) zooms out into a room, anyone would remember this scene 10 years ago when the triumphant return on this 10 year aniversary.

You then here "Computer, end display", a old women picks up a cup and walks towards the window and she positions herself so we can see her face. IT'S JANEWAY! well.. older Janeway.. This is 43 years after voyager was lost in the delta quadrant.

The scene now cuts to the intro. The intro hasnt changed. It still lists the senior officers. (kes was replaced by 7of9, a borg who was freed from the collective by voyager in season 3)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The 10 year aniversary party is on at janeway's (she got promoted to admiral) house/appartment. You see the senior staff. Tom, Belana, Harry, Joe (the doctor/EMH... yes.. after 43 years he chose Joe )

Tom moves to meet/greet the doctor.. em.. Joe.. and they both go in greetings. The doctor mentions his fascination in tom's new holonovel and tom says he'll try and get his opinion before its released.

We now go to barkley who toasts to the aniversary. this lasts for about a minute or so.

You then see Janeway talking to older Harry (promoted to captain) about how he regreted not being at Chakotays funeral 4 years ago for being on a deep space mission).

A next scene is after the party, where janeway invites the doctor (who's now chief medical officer of starfleet medical) and peforms a medical exam on her only to find... a clean bill of health. She then asks for a experimental medical substance which helps with temporal radiation (i'm guessing chronotons) and asks for a large quantity of the produce. The doctor points out its not ready for field tests and is in its experimental stages and he cant release it without knowing why, janeway argues its classified and well.. you know the rest.

The doc eventually provides the admiral with the compound and we go to another scene.

The captain is talking out in the open outdoors about how the "family" (crew) isnt complete and that she could change all that (guess how...). She then goes visit tuvok at an institute (nelix drove him crazy :b) and speaks about leaving. (actually, he has a vulcan diesease about 13 years after being lost in the delta quadrant which is a neurological disorder with a cure in the alpha quadrant.. which he didnt get intime since he arrives another 20 years later).

The captain is on her way to a klingon world in a shuttle (treaty is in shambles) and acquires a temporal device from a klingon. She then steals the device and installs it to the shuttle. She says "Computer, deploy armor" then its a awsome scene!! The shuttle's hull gets a turtle-like shell ontop which is practicly impervious to any damage.

Look at it this way, a 3rd hull... The armor goes from 100% to 0%, you then have the shields which goes to 100% to 0% and then the normal hull goes from 100% to 0%. So thats like almost impervious to damage. If voyager wouldve had that armor at the begining. The kazons would never have taken over the ship.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    7of9 is playing a game of cotoscat with nelix over subspace and encounters strange readings from a nebula not to far away. According to the readings, it could mean the nebula has 100's of wormholes in it. CAPTAIN janeway orders an investigation of the nebula and runs into borg ships. they're forced to escape since the borg's hull composition analysis of the nebula means there are hundreds of borg ships in the nebula.. and you know that no 1 ship can stand against 100 borg ships... except for species 8472..

Admiral Janeway then cuts thru time and meets the delta quadrant voyager and says she's come to help them get home.

The borg queen overheard the tranmission and is concerned.

PART 2 in next post.. I need to save this!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last