Thread: The Command Board

The Command Board

One of the big surprises in Birth by Sleep for me was the addition of the Command Board mode. Those of you who are now familiar with the Fortune Street game for Wii will definitely see the similarities between the Board and that game, but the Street has been a prolific franchise on its own in Japan (where there has been several versions featuring crossovers between Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters).

I've mainly played the Board for two things: the Shootlocks "Ragnarok" and "Lightning Ray". I really should try to finish winning the boards.

As someone who's familiar with the "Itadaki Street" games, I really enjoyed something like this in the Kingdom Hearts universe.

I collected and levelled up my abilities in battle mostly, but when I wanted a breather this was the go-to minigame.

I hate how Pete can sometimes mess everything up, though. Ahem, I mean Captian Justice. *cough* Captian Dark!

Oh, forget it.

I probably would have enjoyed the command board much more if I didn't have to play the Land of Departure 6 times in a row once trying to get Ragnarok. Now I see it as more of a necessary torture for journal completion haha

I actually liked the Command Board, it was something different and entertaining, and a alternate way to level up the commands. I mostly played it just to get 100% of the journal. But I do have bad memories of it, courtesy of...

TIGGER!
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

I think it was Ventus or Aqua during my recent Proud playthrough where I was able to roll a Triple Dice and land on Ragnarok the first turn, but Keyblade Glider also helps.

At the very least, you keep the panels you buy, win or lose. And the ones you place and the opponent ends up taking, you get back too, thankfully.

This game frustrates me. At one point I was still only halfway through my second time around the board and cinderella was done with her third. The number of ones and twos that I roll is obnoxious. Seriously hate it when a game makes me depend on "luck" instead of what I can do myself.

It was Peter Pan who dealt the most damage to me. He just always seemed to have just the perfect requirements for multi-dice and would literally run circles around me.

In all honesty, if they ever released Command Board on iPhones for example, I would totally buy it. I personally found it the most enjoyable of all the minigames, even with loss after loss after humiliating loss at the hands of a boy who never grows up.