Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Favourite Version?

Favourite Version?

Favourite Version?

I do not like the DS version, but I adore the Complete Collection version.

I would love a chance to play this on PS3. Final Fantasy for me, is all about the big screen experience, even for the older games. So that gorgeous PSP version for download on PS3 would be right up my street.

While I didn't dislike the DS version, I think the PSP version as a part of The Complete Collection -- is the definitive version.

Originally Posted by Jackstin
    I do not like the DS version, but I adore the Complete Collection version.

I would love a chance to play this on PS3. Final Fantasy for me, is all about the big screen experience, even for the older games. So that gorgeous PSP version for download on PS3 would be right up my street.

I enjoyed the DS version plenty, but I'd say the Complete Collection is definitely my favorite, including The After Years and a brief Interlude to link the two.

However, I disagree with it all being a big screen experience, I personally prefer I-VI portable, and at times VII-IX I'd rather play on my PSP.

I'm even getting both copies of X HD (PS3 and Vita) for when I feel like playing on the go.

I don't disagree that they should be on both, sometimes a console can be inconvenient. But I'd love to play the Complete Collection version on a big screen. i really think it would be an amazing experience.

I played VI on big screen via Virtual Console and was surprised at the difference it makes. FFs are cinematic experiences so thats always how I try to enjoy them, albeit not the only way the games can be enjoyed.

I don't disagree that they should be on both, sometimes a console can be inconvenient. But I'd love to play the Complete Collection version on a big screen. i really think it would be an amazing experience.

I played VI on big screen via Virtual Console and was surprised at the difference it makes. FFs are cinematic experiences so thats always how I try to enjoy them, albeit not the only way the games can be enjoyed.

And the CC was designed for a portable, it certainly wouldn't look or scale right, but at the very least you can get FFII on the VC and buy TAY off WiiWare.

Agree to disagree I guess, I-VI are definitely better to me on a portable, I'm thinking we'll see 3DS remakes of V and VI eventually.

Originally Posted by Tiael

Agree to disagree I guess,

That should be our catchphrase.

Originally Posted by Tiael

Agree to disagree I guess,

That should be our catchphrase.

It has been for a while, should trademark it.

Anyways, when I'm not on a console (Xenoblade or Graces f or XIII-2) I am currently playing FFIV Complete Collection, attempting to farm a Lilith's Rod, and possibly Cockatrice.

The GBA one.

I haven't played the PSP version, but it would probably be my favourite if I did.

I've played through the PlayStation version that came with Chrono Trigger and the DS version. It's a tough call between them, but I'd chose the DS version.

On the other hand, I'd still like to get a hold of the PSP Complete Collection since I've wanted to play The After Years for the longest time.

I have a question about the After Years part of the PSP CC version - do you get the whole game? I bought it on the Wii last year and was extremely disappointed, you only got the first scenario with something like 11 more to get as DLC. I've been wanting to get the CC version, but don't want to run in to the same problem

Complete Collection should have the full slate of The After. If it didn't, it wouldn't be "complete"!

Yeah The After Years on PSP has everything.

I remember being disappointed because I literally just finished After Years when it was annouced and all the DLC cost me like £50 together.

I want to say the CC, but honestly I was really pleased with the DS version. I don't really care one way or the other about 3D graphics, but I found the gameplay really refreshingly fun. I liked that it was challenging too and expanded a little bit upon the story.

I'm mixed anout the Augments system in the DS version as compared to being able to re-unite with the old party members in other versions of the game, though. I think that's the only place where I'd fault it if anything, but I haven't even finished it. The last dungeon is tough.

Hey all, apologies for putting a phoenix down on this thread but I just got FFIV:CC for my PSP and was wondering: does the order in which I play the stories have any effect on the other stories? Like, will playing the Interlude first make the recurring characters weaker? Or are stats reset for each game regardless of completion order?

i've only played the gba and ds versions on FF IV and by far its the final fantasy game i enjoyed the most so with a game this great i dont actually care about the version. if i had to choose one to stick with i would be the ds one couse rydia looks cuter in that one. hahahaha

I bought FFIV three time. FF Chronicles for PS1, FFIV for the DS, and the finally the Complete Collection on PSP.

I only managed to beat it in the PSP game, so that kind of puts it in the #1 spot for me.

Though I did enjoy playing the DS version. I don't know why people were miffed with the "chibi" graphics; the details I saw in the designs were pretty nice. Plus I love being able to listen to the awesome VA work. I've head crummy English VAs in my 10+ years of gaming, but S-E has been keep a decent quality for the English VA the last few years, including the DS remake ^^

Hey! I just bought FFIV to download it. Im sorta worried because I'm still unable to download it. Does anyone know how long it takes until I get
    some sort of email confirmation? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Derrick
    Hey! I just bought FFIV to download it. Im sorta worried because I'm still unable to download it. Does anyone know how long it takes until I get
    depends are you downloading it for psp,ps3,or pc

Originally Posted by FinalFantasy107
    Originally Posted by Derrick
    depends are you downloading it for psp,ps3,or pc
    Im downloading it for PC. And I just checked my email again, still nothing stating a link that I can use to download it. =(

Well i cant help you if it's pc. Sorry

I enjoy the PSP version. If anything, for it all being wrapped within a nice, little package.

The PSP version has it all... But playing it on a GBA was pretty sweet too.

Final Fantasy IV Climbs Mt. Ordeals, Returns As iPhone And Android Game

www.siliconera.com/2012/12/06/final-fant...

dlgames.square-enix.com/ff/

www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201212070033/

www.4gamer.net/games/196/G019647/2012120...

Let’s See How Final Fantasy IV For iOS Compares To The DS Version

www.siliconera.com/2012/12/07/lets-see-h...

The PSP version was definitely my favorite it was a trip watching all those graphically "enchanced" attacks come from 8 bit characters.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last