Thread: Poor Janos?

Poor Janos?

I thoght that kain closed the hylden gate before Janos was cast in how then did the Sarafan Lord send Janos to the other dimension?

I was wondering that myself as the cutscene clearly shows Kain dropping the jewel into the roiling green mists of the Hylden Gate and the entire place coming down around his and the Sarafan Lord's ear'oles.

Unless the gate is only closed from the other side meaning that things go in but don't come out.

Any ideas peeps?

I don't know; but that's the order I noticed. Something did occur to me, though; if I recall correctly, Kain drops the stone, SL freaks out, then Janos shows up; and after that "Let's see what it does to you" bit, SL chucks Janos off the platform. What I found interesting is that only after Janos is thrown into the gate does it start storming and destroying stuff. Is that what happens when an ancient gets tossed in?
    http://www.student.smsu.edu/a/awl118s/Sig%20image.jpg
    "But the dawn is brief and the day full often belies its promise..." - The Silmarillion

Ok, heres a ramdom thought.

What if it is a really BIG gate. It is going to take a while for it to close completly, so maybe it was only partly closed at the time.

But to be honest, this has been discussed before and I can't remember what was decided on how it happend.

Jeffers

I think the same, maybe it takes time for it to close.

So, Janos got there just before it was completely close.

Who says Janos went in? It's very possible the gate did close before he went through. Just b/c you don't see it doesn't mean he didn't escape. We didn't see Raz distracting Malek in BO1, but he was there (at least now he was)

Thumbs Up

That's possible, but what happened to him if he did'nt fall in? He was'nt in SR1, and I doubt he would have just watched Raz return from the abyss killing vampire's.

There's always betrayal of some sort, or old age (not sustained by duty anymore?), or a Hylden trap of some sort. Who knows for sure.

To reference Chris, All will be revealed in time.

Cool

my question has always been why didn't Janos use those wings of his and fly when he was chucked? Are the wings just for show, or is there a reason for their existence. Or maybe he was just chucked so hard that he didn't have a chance to spread his wings before he reached the gate. Oh well.

I remember this beeing discussed even BEFORE I left the forums....like 2 months AFTER BO2 was released or something.
    I rememebr everyone complaining about teh bugs in it too

What was decided again?

Lightbulb

Janos is in the Demon Realm now. At the end of the game when the gate is closed you see all the Hylden turning to dust (Can anyone else think ala the Silenced Cathdral?) Janos fell in there before they turned to dust. "Close the gate Kain.." and all that, so Janos is in the demon realm now.

Insanity: That same question has been on my mind since I finished the game. His wings had to work, they're huge and a few times he kinda half lifted himself off the ground.
    And how could a guy who had lived for thousands of years be such a crappy fighter?

My theory is, that after Janos fluffed his wings so many times during his dialogue in BO2, that they were to tired to actually lift him anywhere.
    "I will ransom them from the power of the grave,
    I will redeem them from death.
    O Death, I will be your plagues!
    O Grave, I will be your destruction!
    Pity is hidden from My eyes."

Hosea 13:14

Seriously I think he's up to something!

Lets face it, he has already died once and has survived, so it is unlikly that he has died now.

Jeffers