Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: E3 2012

E3 2012

E3 2012 starts monday yay!!!!

gematsu.com/2012/06/e3-2012-what-to-expe...

coverage starts around 11am - noon on SPIKE with afternoon coverage to follow on G4

I'm so excited for all of the new game announcements!! The anticipation is killing me!

What Square Enix games are you most excited to hear about?

Originally Posted by Earth

Of their titles officially on the list, only Theatrhythm, but E3 usually holds a lot of surprises, so we'll see come next week.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the FFXIV 2.0 panel, even if we aren't getting the new trailer.

Honestly, Sleeping Dogs. I love Hong Kong and all of the stuff I've watched on the game makes exploring the city seem amazing. I'm also somewhat excited about Kingdom Hearts 3D, though less-so because I prefer the KH console games to the handheld ones.

Outside of Eidos Square has a terrible lineup this year. For me anyway. If they don't announce a 20th anniversary remake thing for FFV at least I'll be pissed off. I'd like them to bring up Type 0 as well. Or even Type 1.

Expectations set to low.

I'm excited for Theatrhythm, closely followed by Kingdom Hearts 3D..... but I'm hoping to hear some new game announcements!

Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, and Kingdom Hearts 3D. Maybe Tomb Raider.

Originally Posted by Tiael

Of their titles officially on the list, only Theatrhythm, but E3 usually holds a lot of surprises, so we'll see come next week.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the FFXIV 2.0 panel, even if we aren't getting the new trailer.

I am really hoping that we will get Final Fantasy surprises.

KH surprises are more likely, with it being the 10 year anniversary of the series

Grabbing hold of Eidos helps save Square Enix's Western appeal, but unfortunately that's all they have. This is Square Enix's weakest Japanese showing in years (and I thought I would never say that again after last year). Not a single console JRPG from SE this time around. That is extremely disappointing considering it is Kingdom Hearts' 10th Anniversary and Final Fantasy's 25th Anniversary. The only strong handheld game is Kingdom Hearts 3D. Square has so many things they could show off here to grab the Western audience which is a huge market, but they just don't have a strong list. All of these games could help them save face:

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
    Final Fantasy X HD
    Final Fantasy Type-0
    Dragon Quest X
    Kingdom Hearts HD Collection

It feels as if Square Enix is in developmental hell with most of their big name titles, and they are keeping their fans in the dark from an information perspective. We haven't heard from Type-0 since Ultimania. We haven't heard of Versus XIII since early 2011. We've seen and heard virtually nothing of Final Fantasy X HD. Dragon Quest X has been taking its time. KH HD would give them an instant money grab and it wouldn't even be that difficult a task to brush over the graphics. Square has been very disappointing at E3 for many years now (When they were good was when they showed fake footage of Final Fantasy XIII. Great move, Square). It's time to right the ship.

Final Fantasy XIV

So I might have to work Wednesday and Thursday, which means no Spike or G4 for me. What site would be the best place to get progressively posted recaps of everything major covered those days? It would be preferred if said site had a mobile version. I'll be hanging around the GameFAQs DDD board looking for any KH info, but I would like to follow as much of what happens as possible

Originally Posted by Basho

So I might have to work Wednesday and Thursday, which means no Spike or G4 for me. What site would be the best place to get progressively posted recaps of everything major covered those days? It would be preferred if said site had a mobile version. I'll be hanging around the GameFAQs DDD board looking for any KH info, but I would like to follow as much of what happens as possible

I don't know if this will work, but

e3.gamespot.com/

Also, the main press conferences are today and tomorrow, Microsoft, Sony, EA and Ubisoft are later today, and Nintendo is tomorrow.

I don't think SE has their own press conference, but my eyes will be peeled for any announcements at the Sony or Nintendo press conferences for anything SE related.

Maybe MS, with news of Versus going to multi-platform.. oh man.

Anyways, 2 and a half hours until MS, then it's EA at 1 PM PST (4 EST), Ubisoft at 4 PST (7 EST) and Sony is at 6 PST (9 EST)

Tomorrow Nintendo is at 9 AM PST (12 EST)

Thanks

As for Atlus, they picked up Code of Princess. I dunno if the currently active anime licensors will follow suit and pick the anime as well.

Hey, have you watched Nintendo Direct Pre E3 2012? It makes me want to get the Wii U more!

Anyway I'm excited for these Square-Enix titles:

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Final Fantasy Type-0

Final Fantasy XIV 2.0

Kingdom Hearts 3d

Tomb Raider

Hitman Absolution

Im also excited for Atlus', Konami and Capcom games

THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY - E3 Trailer www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_emb...

Egghhh. Microsoft's was awful. The only things I was slightly interested in were Tomb Raider and the South Park game. The whole "Smart Glass" is dumb and I can't see myself using it.

I didn't think it was bad. It was games-lite but Halo4 looked great, and the stuff on the media centre looked enticing. Not for me personally, but I can imagine alot of that stuff would be attractive.

As much as I love Microsoft, their conferences are always terrible. But I haven't actually watched anything of E3 yet, it's all still waiting for me on the DVR.

Sony's conference is starting pretty soon, I'm not expecting much from Square Enix, but a man can dream right?

Nothing in Sony's conference either. I'm really hoping Nintendo pulls some surprise out of nowhere tomorrow, otherwise it's going to be a sad showing for Square Enix this year

I feel like watching E3 today was a waste of my time with no SE surprises - it's a big anniversary for two of their major franchises! (25 for FF and 10 for KH). If Nintendo has no SE surprises I will be sad... also! I caught a glimpse of Versus XIII during one of the E3 trailers, it had Noctis with his weapons floating around him. I guess it was last year's trailer? That little clip got my hopes up

I heard "Snow from Final Fantasy XIII" and my heart jumped. But I think they were talking about something related to Troy Baker, not Snow himself. I guess Troy is voicing someone in Last of Us.

Aw man. I'd buy PS Vita Battle Royale in a heartbeat if Snow was playable.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last