Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: ThieveryUT Server is open!

ThieveryUT Server is open!

Cool ThieveryUT Server was open!

(}{{}THIEF{}}{) is open and ready for taffing. It will be up until approximately 8am EST Thursday. See you there!

The server is closed now.

Is all over now, nobody home right now!

Was a fun night guys. Except for some connection probs I had fun as usual.

We shall do it again.

We need more players, jump in there! Leatherman, Vesper, Salvage, Huntress, Hawklette, and TBM were in there. Did I miss someone, I think so?

Thanks again for the server Leatherman.
    Just Sneakin' Through!

Sorry Sneak, I got kicked with one of those "this program...illegal...shutdown... Messages.

As you were the only one there, (that last run was way KEWL DOOOOD) I decided to stay home.

But, like you and Arnie "Ahhll be back!!"

I just got home, so I'll check into it in about 30 minutes or so. Just thought I would post this in case someone wanted to play!

Squid
    I speak to you now of the fall of giants, the passing of ages, the burial of heroes, the death of kings.

Cool

Ok I'm almost ready. My new copy of UT arrived this morning, and I'm downloading the latest Thievery patch now (actually it's just finished), so after I get it set up and have a fiddle to see what's what, I shall join you...[hauntV01]Join you NOOooowww![/hauntV01]

Zaccheus paces up and down the living room, mumbling to himself:
    "Not enough time, not enough time.
    Must finish TRC FM, must complete ThiefGold on Expert, must play Thief2 FMs, must get ThieveryUT.
    Not enough time, not enough time."
    A cat approaches from the kitchen: "Meow", she cries.
    "Must feed cat", he thinks.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links ... Zaccheus' hospital blog

The server is closed now.
    Originally posted by Sneak
    We need more players, jump in there! Leatherman, Vesper, Salvage, Huntress, Hawklette, and TBM were in there. Did I miss someone, I think so?
    You missed THEthief, Thorin Oakenshield (for one game only), and Bravus. Kidgarrett joined early this morning but left since no-one else was there. I had to shut it down, so try again later Kidgarrett, and bring Apache with you.

The only problem I think I will run into is that the server can only handle 9 outside players (not playing from server) at once.

Come on in when you are ready Gumdrop.

Zaccheus, do you still have a job?

Squid, maybe you'll have better luck on weekends.

Was much fun!!

--
    LeatherMan

Cool

Originally posted by LeatherMan

Zaccheus, do you still have a job?
    LOL.

Where do you think I'm posting from!
    I'm on my lunch break.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links ... Zaccheus' hospital blog

Thanks for the great time. I see I need more practice but didn't do too bad. It was also fun being a rat (spectator). LOL!!! I'm not sure how to be a guard yet but my instinct says no as I can't go against my Thief nature. Hehehehe!!! I did notice there are some differences when you play solo as in finding the ruby eye. I only had to click to get it in solo. Keep up the good work and let us know when you will be doing this again. What a blast!!!!!!! Could someone email me with anything I need to know like how to whisper etc. Thanks so much for everything!!

Cool

OOps, Sorry for the guys I missed. With people coming and going is hard to keep track. I guess what I meant is that I would like to see more people on the map at a time. A bit of team effort. But then 3 or 4 plus AI isn't bad either.

Hawklette,
    I thought you did great. I saw you slip away from Leatherman a bunch of times and that is no easy feat. And you set him up for me once real fine!

Actually playing a guard is fun. I at first thought the same way. I am a Thief, a Ghost, so thats how I wanted to play. Guard didn't seem fun. Well this game is a bit different. I was on another server and 1 would click for thief and then we would all sit and wait and wait cuz no one wanted to be a guard. And there would be like 6 or 7 players waiting. So I clicked guard to get the ball rolling. I played guard for maybe 2 and a half hours. Thrilling!

Think of it this way. Thieves are on an Infiltrate and Pilage Mission, Guards are on a Search and Destroy Mission! Fun both ways.

Til next time!
    Just Sneakin' Through!

Just a note, there is one thing so far that I don't like about this game. When you wind up to second position for a Blackjacking, the arm obscures part of the screen. I at first thought I would try it for a while before making a judgement. Now I have played a while.

I just don't like that. Hope they change it somewhat in the final version.
    Just Sneakin' Through!

12. Big Grin

What can I say? I had a great time last night with you taffers I only got 160 loot though
    I was only there for the 1 game 'cos my pc decided to crash when map changed Nevermind at least I got to bed before 2 am

I'm looking forward to the next time Great game, Thanks LeatherMan and Salvage for the tips

Just a note, there is one thing so far that I don't like about this game. When you wind up to second position for a Blackjacking, the arm obscures part of the screen. I at first thought I would try it for a while before making a judgement. Now I have played a while.

Agreed. It makes it hard to "target" the object of your soon to be delivered affection.

Thumbs Up

Originally posted by Zaccheus
    Zaccheus paces up and down the living room, mumbling to himself:
    "Not enough time, not enough time.
    Must finish TRC FM, must complete ThiefGold on Expert, must play Thief2 FMs, must get ThieveryUT.
    Not enough time, not enough time."
    A cat approaches from the kitchen: "Meow", she cries.
    "Must feed cat", he thinks.
    LOL

Actually, I like it, I can get a much more powerful swing if I do it cross body(especially if I turn my body some).

I don't want that to change at all, but I also don't like the arm obscuring the screen, maybe have the player arm a little bit transparent so we can see the unsuspecting victim.

Hmmm Bj'g...I've seen similiar comments

about the obscurity of the target via the arm to commit the knockout blow...but I, myself haven't really seen this yet? The one time recently I got to do the honors...was LM had doused the torches...and he allowed me to go in...at which point I creeped up behind, positioning myself, stood up and cocked bj for hit, leaned forward and goodnight Mr. Guard. I didn't seem to have any difficulty in hitting my target? I knew exactly where I was going with my blow and didn't seem to be hindered by anything when delivering my hit? Maybe that was an exception???? Or maybe the circumstances were different because I was not running up to and behind some moving guard? I will be more alert to this however in future games to see if I too find this problem?

Don't have any words yet as to when he'll bring it up again...maybe wait till Fri night or this weekend? How's bout it LM...any thoughts?

Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win the game, it's how you PLAY it! Have FUN!

Originally posted by Salvage
    I also don't like the arm obscuring the screen, maybe have the player arm a little bit transparent so we can see the unsuspecting victim.
    The arm blocking your view is intentional so that Thieves don't run around the entire match with the blackjack charged.

OOps, Sorry for the guys I missed. With people coming and going is hard to keep track.
    It is difficult, but luckily I have a server log.
    maybe wait till Fri night or this weekend? How's bout it LM...any thoughts?
    Yes, I plan to run again Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, starting around 8pm Friday. Hope everyone can make it!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I will do my best to join you all.

19. What time are you on, eastern/central/mountain or pacific?
    We UK taffers will have to stay up late

I'm looking forward to it... Thanks

Thanks for all the help and understanding you guys showed. Being a newbie at this type of thing kinda scared me at first until I realized it is really all in fun. I also can appreciate life from a rats point of view. LOL!!
    Thanks Sneak I didn't really know who was who but glad I did okay. I think I need to play some more solo games to become more familiar with the maps and objectives. I will also try the guard side as I have no idea how their weapons work. I was so afaid I would get killed too fast and now I know I could have used up the lives of all. I wish that could be changed. Any way what a blast even as a rat!! Can't wait for the next time around.

A few gentle nudges, from here and there. She'd like to join in on the fun. Room for one more? Where to begin.....ha

Originally posted by Thorin Oakenshield
    What time are you on, eastern/central/mountain or pacific?
    We UK taffers will have to stay up late

I'm looking forward to it... Thanks
    Eastern Standard Time, I don't know what that works out to in GMT but This post is 4:51 my time which is 3 hours behind His.

So a little math on your part should clue you in.

It says all posta are GMT -8

Hi Huntress

The BJ is kinda like the sword in reverse: if you just go in for a quick bonk (!) it goes upward and doesn't obscure your view, but if you hold it for a second or two it moves across your body for a more powerful 'roundhouse' shot. You arm is across in front of you to some extent, obscuring your view. I haven't played with it enough, but if a a stright up (i.e. quick) bonk is enough to knock out an unalerted guard, and a wound up sideways one is <b>not</b> enough to knock out an alerted guard, why would you ever need the sideways one?

Bravus

Originally posted by bravus
    Hi Huntress

why would you ever need the sideways one?

Bravus
    The SUPER BONK!! takes out a guard with a Steel helmet. (unalerted that is) Other wise the SHG gets alerted and you are in deep manure.

Good question Bravus...it would seem to

be a fruitless alt action if not effective in it's use...

BA...there are many threads/comments relating to your question...have a look at UT questions from Hawklette as an example...I think you'll find most info you'll need in those However, your starting point is a copy of UT or UT-GOTY...if you haven't got it then you need to make a quick search to buy If you perchance to find a reg. retail ver. of UT then you'll need to patch it to 436..OK Come back after that and reading Hawklette's threads and if you need more info...will be happy to provide. Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win the game, it's how you PLAY it! Have FUN!

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last