Thread: Just bought Original Boxed Thief II in a shop!

Just bought Original Boxed Thief II in a shop!

  1. #1

    Cool Just bought Original Boxed Thief II in a shop!

    I just got an original boxed copy of Thief II at a shop called "Games" here in the UK.

    It only cost 10 british pounds (15 US dollars).

    Now I really must finish ThiefGold.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links ... Zaccheus' hospital blog

  2. #2

    Smile

    Hey good deal. I found T2 at Electronic Boutique for $14.99. Last Xmas. Saw it and had to have it as well. Nice to have a back up copy.
    Now, go finish gold!

  3. #3
    Some people have all the luck

  4. #4
    Originally posted by littlek
    Some people have all the luck
    Misplaced your EM. Contact me re T2 ( I thought you had it)

  5. #5
    Originally posted by BrokenArts
    Now, go finish gold!
    He he - I've finally found those silly glasses in the mage's towers' library.

    I was starting to doubt myself.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links ... Zaccheus' hospital blog

  6. #6

    Big Grin

    So..now you can finish.........right? Don't doubt yourself, just play! You'll get there. Ohhh those glasses, did ya need them for reading, so you could finish the level?

  7. #7
    Zaccheus? No way! You make a FM before you actually finish the main game? What’s up with that? BTW I saw T2 in ‘Game’ for £4.99 not to long ago! I nearly brought it as mines sooooooo scratched now I’m amazed it still works!

  8. #8
    Originally posted by RiCh
    Zaccheus? No way! You make a FM before you actually finish the main game? What’s up with that? BTW I saw T2 in ‘Game’ for £4.99 not to long ago! I nearly brought it as mines sooooooo scratched now I’m amazed it still works!
    I've never done all of ThiefGold on Expert. I did TDP back in '99.


    The version for 4.99 is the platinum edition in the white DVD style box with manual on the CD, right?
    But this is the original Thief II box, with printed manual.
    It even still has adverts for UEFA'99 and other ancient games inside!!!
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links ... Zaccheus' hospital blog

  9. #9
    Originally posted by BrokenArts
    So..now you can finish.........right? Don't doubt yourself, just play! You'll get there. Ohhh those glasses, did ya need them for reading, so you could finish the level?
    Perhaps.


    I just kept wondering where those glasses were and why that texture was so badly aligned on one of the walls, and didn't make the connection.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links ... Zaccheus' hospital blog

  10. #10
    Originally posted by theBlackman


    Misplaced your EM. Contact me re T2 ( I thought you had it)
    Thanks tBM but I do have a copy. I always keep a lookout for the games to have a backup in case mine breaks. I hope when T3 comes out, they'll re-release TGold and T2.

  11. #11

    Smile

    You can find both games for sell at www.action games.com.
    Thief II is $14.95 and Thief Gold is $24.95 .

    Tin Star
    There is no honor among thieves.

  12. #12
    Originally posted by Zaccheus




    The version for 4.99 is the platinum edition in the white DVD style box with manual on the CD, right?
    But this is the original Thief II box, with printed manual.
    Yes, your correct.........aaahhh the Original boxed version! Brings a tear to your eye I remember the days when PC game boxes were as big as houses and twice as heavy!!! Not like the ones you get nowadays, these fancy lardy da DVD cases!
    I liked the old PC boxes I use them to insulate my loft