Thread: Getting Beat Up In The Church

Exclamation Getting Beat Up In The Church

HOW DO I BEAT THE GUY IN THE CHURCH? HE SPINS AROUND INVISIBLE AND KICKS MY ***........I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    THANKS DAVE

Lightbulb Defeating Marcus...

You are supposed to wait until he appears on the opposite side of the church and use your JUMP ability to strike him down from afar.

I found that to be slightly tedious. LOL. I personally ended up watching Marcus and chasing after him. After awhile it was pretty easy to pinpoint where he was (while invisible) and I just beat on him...severely. LOL. I did lose him a few times, but it took me less time to do it this way than to jump back and forth after him.

Good luck!

EDIT This strategy is for the upstairs part of the match. Did you get past the first stage when you have to ring the bells?
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Re: Defeating Marcus...

Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
    [COLOR=indigo]I found that to be slightly tedious. LOL. I personally ended up watching Marcus and chasing after him. After awhile it was pretty easy to pinpoint where he was (while invisible) and I just beat on him...severely. LOL. I did lose him a few times, but it took me less time to do it this way than to jump back and forth after him.
    an other somewhat official way of defeating him would be too throw one of his helpers into the giant bells.

But what I did (like you) was just running around chasing him and whenever I felt he was near by I just slahing away and most of the time I did hit him.

Thumbs Up Hunting Marcus down is soooooo much fun.

I couldn't wait 12 hours to beat him with the jump method. What were they thinking when they said that's supposedly the only way to beat him? Marcus would look at you from across the other side of the church and by the time Kain would be in midair, Marcus was already running elsewhere. LOL

I finally said "screw this" and started hunting the little backstabber down. Glad to know I wasn't the only one who chose this method.

i noticed that when he came near the torches he was slightly illuminated, i waited on the other side, did the jump across and started slashing.

Reaper007

Thumbs Up

Marcus was my favorite boss!! (And not just because that wicked theme music kicks in when your chasing him down the street before you fight him!)

I basically chased the sound of footsteps until he became half-visible, then I took a few whacks at him. It seemed a lot more fun chasing him than waiting for him to appear and trying to take a leap at him, whether or not that method worked...

And I love the dude that did his voice!! (Brother of the "Six-Fingered Man," if I'm not mistaken... I could easily tell that without reading the credits.) Too cool!!

I didn't even think about using the Jump ability.
    I just ran around and kicked his *** every time he came near me.
    Marcus was a cool character but the boss fight was disappointing.