Thread: Thief Briefings

Thief Briefings

Big Grin Thief Briefings

Hi All. I couldn't decide which forum this belonged in, because it wasn't exactly about FM help, nor was it a dromed question, had nothing to do with T3, etc....SOOOO here it is. (Mods, if this is the wrong forum, feel free to move it)

My questionS are these:
    What is the correct frame size? 640 by 480 (that's what the T2 ones are, just making sure)?

Where can I find the flaming background for the beginning of briefings (I remember someone made it for people to use (and did a wonderful job!!), and I had it downloaded, but that was before my computer had to be redone (about 6 months ago), and I have no idea where I got it from. )?

Also, Carelton IS the font used, right?

Anything else I should know? Any color limits? I don't HAVE to use the Thief palette, do I? Is there a limit of max (or min) frames-per-second? And are there any special specifications for the .avi files, when you save them (there are some different options, I know...)

Any and all tips would be welcome (and appreciated!!)!!
    Thanks!!

2. Hi THEthief,
    Yes it should be 640x480 and @ 15fps
    No, You don't need any thief palette's
    Yes Carleton is the correct font.

What software are you using? You could limit the bitrate to 275 to make your avi smaller and save it using indeo 5 video codec and IMA ADPCM audio codec.

If you want any other help you can email me or send me a PM.

Thanks Thorin.
    I'm using Paint Shop Pro 7's Animation Shop.

Also, if anyone has any tips on including sound...?

4. If you would like any help with your briefing I don't mind doing some of the work for you. I've done a few briefings just lately.
    Author of :-
    Thief Book Wizard v2.2
    Thief 2 Objects List (versions 1, 2 and 3)
    FM's : Bassett's Keep, The Ring, The Game, Karras' Diary, Secret Weapon and co Author Mixed Messages.

I have the builders patience on my side!
    http://www.spankdonkey.com/jamming/view.php/99.png