Thread: Old Gridania vs. New Gridania

Old Gridania vs. New Gridania

na.square-enix.com/finalfantasyxivarealm...

Based on the new footage from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, how do you think the new city of Gridania looks compare to the old one? Or, if you haven't played FFXIV, how do you think it looks regardless?

From watching the video it seems like the team has been able to recreate the zones with a lot of variety and flavor. No copy/pasted terrain persists, and the variety of assets (models for stuff) looks pretty good. The new maps seem to handle the new jumping mechanic really well too.

There's also some new music composed by Masayoshi Soken that sounds a bit more ambient than Gridania's previous BGM. I think it fits pretty well and as really relaxing?

What do you think?

the jumping mechanic's look really good and useful and works how it should be, in ff13-2 it had jumping but it also had invsible barriers that blocked you from jumping over small objects that looked like it can be jumped over. i havent played nor seen the old grindania but the new one looks great in deatil and as you said the jumping works well with it.

To be honest, the new look with Gridania makes me wanna play it badly. The main thing that got me wanting to play is the male miqo'te.