Thread: More Beatles queries

More Beatles queries

Taking Aquaris' lead. I was wondering what you people think is the Beatles greatest album? And to save somebody the trouble (namely myself) of having to post the likely follow-up question....what's are some of your all time favorite songs? As for me, my favorite album would probably have to be Abbey Road. Relvolver and Sgt. Pepper's would probably tie for second. Being a huge Beatles fan, it's tough to pick songs, but I will attempt to list my top 5

1. A Day in the Life (the perfect Lennon/McCartney collarboration...psychadelic yet whimsical with great instrumentation)
    2. Golden Slumber/Carry That Weight/The End (i count those as one song....these songs we're some of the last written by the lads and I think they are maybe their best work. it makes you wonder how much more great music could have done if it wasn't for Yoko )
    3. The Long and Winding Road (great sad love song and i love sad songs)
    4. For No One (see #3)
    5a. Something (george showed that he was no song writing slouch with this ballad for the ages)
    5b. Two of Us (another true collarborative effort by the Lennon/McCartney duo. Paul and John share lead vocals in a song that is almost autobiographical in regard to their relationship)

There are so many others, but those seemed to spring to mind. I look forward to your thoughts.

I don't really have a favorite Beatles album, seeing that I don't know all of the titles and I'm not a huge fan. But I absolutley love the following songs...

Eleanor Rigby
    The long and winding road
    Paperback Writer( hehe. I like the effects)
    Hello, Goodbye
    Hey Jude (of course)
    All my loving ( is that what it's called or is it called?)

Hehe.. there are so many more.. hehe, they really are an amazing band.

Big Grin

i love all thier albums and songs, but i will tell you my favorite "FUN" song is ; ROCKY RACOON, just love it.

signature image

Smile

I've always liked 'Rubber Soul' & 'Revolver' for just listening to over and over again, but some of my favourite songs like Bulldog are slap bang in the middle of Albums I tned not to like to listen to as a whole. So when I've got all the albums on Cd, (they're all old cassettes at the mo. I'm gonna do a personal compliation

I like the white album alot......

I Like "I'm the walrus" alot! it's fun!

The greatest band in the world and I wasn't there......... hmmm
    sadness was here...

My favorite albumw would have to be "One", it just came out a few years ago, and has 27 of the Beatles's #1 hits.

And my favorite songs would have to be:

Yesterday
    Green Tamborine
    Eleanor Rigby
    Lady Madonna
    Hey Jude
    Come Together

I've never heard it, but someone told me that 'Revolution' is a really great song.

Thumbs Up

Revolution was on the White album. I don't really have a favourite. You might not believe this but I have their albums on vinyl, as I grew up with their music, they are from my home city.

There are 2 good versions of Revolution....The slow one from the White album and the fast rocker (my favorite) from The Beatles....The album with Hey Jude.

Originally posted by mulder
    There are 2 good versions of Revolution....The slow one from the White album and the fast rocker (my favorite) from The Beatles....The album with Hey Jude.
    Don't forget about Revolution #9. (Alright, maybe we should forget about that one. )

Favorite would be either the "White Album" or "Magical Mystery tour." I like some of the "Mystery Tour" music better, but of course there was more to "White Album."

Favorite singles are "She Loves You" and "I Saw Her Standing There," mostly for the memories they bring back.

I'd have to say the Worst album was "Yellow Submarine." Very little of it was performed by the Beatles, and all those had already been released on other albums.

I remember when the white album was released in Oz, a lot of people said it was crap an actualy took it back. Not this little black duck i still have the original vinyl White album and my friends it still sounds better than the cd. If you really want to see the good and bad of the Beatles get your hands on the Let it be Docro/movie on video it's a top flick for Beatle fans.
    My best songs: I'm only sleeping
    Goldern slumbers
    Two of us
    Strawberry fields
    Norwegian wood

Re: Attn. All Beatles Fans:

Originally posted by Drexel
    Rent or buy this movie: "The Complete Beatles"

Then go out and rent "The Rutles" LMAO.

Fave Beatles songs of mine:

------------------------------
    Here Comes the sun
    Because
    You never give me your money
    Sun King
    Mean Mr Mustard
    Polythene Pam
    She came in through the bathroom window
    Golden Slumbers
    Carry that weight
    The End
    ------------------------------Side 2 of Abbey Road, has one of the greatest assemblages of songs on any side of any album.

More of my favorite Beatles songs:

Let it be
    Happiness is a warm gun
    Dear Prudence
    While my guitar gently weeps
    The Long and Winding Road
    A day in the life
    Norwegian wood
    In my life
    With a little help from my friends

Great minds must think alike Drexel The songs you included would all make my top 25 I'm sure. Also, your observation about side 2 of Abbey Road is exactly how I feel. BTW, I posted a thread about the "Rutles" about a week ago. It hasn't been replied to in a few days hence it is on page 2 of the this forum. You might want to go find it and add your two cents!

Originally posted by Aquarius
    Green Tamborine
    Uh, that's not a Beatles song. It was by The Lemon Pipers.

Even some of today's lavishly produced multi-track albums can't come close
    to the 8-Track genius of Sgt. Pepper.

Prob'ly my fave Beatle tune of all time - Yer Blues.
    Followed by the 45 version of Revolution which is different from the album version.
    signature imagesignature imagesignature imagesignature image
    "Doomsday device?...I suppose I could part with one and still be feared..."
    Skusting's deviantArt gallery <-updated with regularity regularly!

A Hard Days Night On DVD "Finally"

September 24th 2 Disk set

Click Here

Edition Details:
    • Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
    • Black & White
    • Theatrical trailer(s)
    • "Things They Said Today": an original documentary with more than 30 never-before-seen minutes
    • 3 commentary tracks: production, cast, and post production
    • Short: "The Running, Jumping & Standing Still Film"
    • More than 20 minutes of exclusive behind-the-scenes footage
    • A Hard Day's Night scrapbook
    • A Hard Day's Night music retrospective
    • More than 20 interviews with cast, crew, and friends
    • Widescreen anamorphic format
    • Number of discs: 2