Page 2 of 11 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: So, what are your thoughts on FFXIII-2?

So, what are your thoughts on FFXIII-2?

Coddle, you sure you aren't mixing 6 with 4? lol I actually had a bit of trouble playing through FFVI Advanced (never got a chance to play the PS version or the FFIII SNES version) when I played through it last year, and it's the only one of the major FF titles I actually found it difficult to keep my people alive in. I also remember the ATB gauges in IV Advanced were all kinds of messed up

Originally Posted by YoshiKatYoko
    If you're just saying this, why don't you just keep it up for yourself only? The thread is nothing useful, nor helping "other people".
    Your comment is 100% truth. Threads like this one end up creating conflict at some point.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Originally Posted by imported_Jason
    I will say that the graphic and the story line never fail to impress but the battle system is very boring, i miss being able to equip the characters with body armor and actually being able to fight with the team. change it into an adventure game at this point. the last truely good ff was 10. Yes I am a true ff fan and have played all with the exception of 11. I know that some will think i'm hating and those who agree. I will alway play ff I just need more out of the battle system.

I think this version of the battle system is great. I just wish they'd take out Auto-Battle and fix a few AI issues.

Originally Posted by Basho

Coddle, you sure you aren't mixing 6 with 4? lol I actually had a bit of trouble playing through FFVI Advanced (never got a chance to play the PS version or the FFIII SNES version) when I played through it last year, and it's the only one of the major FF titles I actually found it difficult to keep my people alive in. I also remember the ATB gauges in IV Advanced were all kinds of messed up

I think VI is painfully easy and unbalanced. Magic is overpowered (myriad of "ultimate" spells, i.e. Flare, Holy, Meteor, Ultima, and especially Meltdown), there are very few main game moments where strength-oriented characters are better off using "Attack" instead of their special skills, and I've always had to gimp my characters' abilities to give the game appropriate difficulty.

IV Advance is full of glitches that weren't previously present and were otherwise fixed in later versions, so I've never really considered them. IV's not terribly hard either, given it comes down to straight up leveling.

I've played every numbered game of the series starting with FF1 myself, then 4 (which really turned me into an rpg player). Every game of the series has it's own charm. For me, I've liked ff2 the least and ff4 the most but still enjoyed them all.

As for FF13-2 I think the combat system is its best feature. My only gripe is that the main story is incredibly too short. Having played X-2 though, I was expecting the same for 13-2 as well.

Originally Posted by EricScorpio

I've played every numbered game of the series starting with FF1 myself, then 4 (which really turned me into an rpg player). Every game of the series has it's own charm. For me, I've liked ff2 the least and ff4 the most but still enjoyed them all.

As for FF13-2 I think the combat system is its best feature. My only gripe is that the main story is incredibly too short. Having played X-2 though, I was expecting the same for 13-2 as well.

The main storyline is pretty short. I'm at 45 hours now, and lack 20 or so Fragments post-game. Crystarium is maxed as well with HORRIBLE stats because I didn't find out how to get the nicer higher stats until after I had finished the game. I started a new one and got to Suneleth(?) 300 AF and quit. Didn't want to go back through it all just for a few hundred points higher stats.

As far as the combat system, it's already a huge improvement with just adding the faster Paradigm shifts. Nothing like dying while watching three of your characters shift into Tortise too late and eat Roar or Ultima from a Long Gui.

I just started it last night,

I'm nervous that everyone seems to be saying its "too short." I was looking forward to something longer than XIII. Nothing dissapoints me more than playing to 100% and it still being short. Ah well, guess I will see. Loving it so far though, the characters aren't as beleivable as the rest of the games, but the world fleshes out nicely. I just hope this one doesn't dissapoint.

well i bought it, considering it the 19.99$ price i paid, maybe its not all that bad of an investment.

the last FF game i played was the one on the PS2, & i absolutely used to adore the old NES & PSX titles, so i thought i'd give one of these next gen FFs a try. it seemed to get slightly better reviews than it's predesssor. (XIII) the large number of items for dlc (for XIII-2) is a bit...unsettling... by comparison to XIII, which had virtually none.

having not played FF XIII, i gotta admit, the background story (from the main menu) for it seemed a little... far fetched.

im not very far into the game, just started dabbling in using CP points to advance my characters, & also just starting to undestand how to use paradigm shifts & assigning roles to the characters.

all in all, from glancing at the manual, the combat system seems simple, yet very deep & the same time.

cant wait to see how feral links work, so i can get me some monster crystals, if that is indeed how you obtain them. they give you passive abilities for your characters & you can assign paradigm shifts to their packs as well yeah?

still trying to get the hang of alot of thses mechanics & concepts. guess i just need to play it more. lol.

so anyway, did i make the right choice? is XIII-2 "better" than XIII?

thanks.

Hi

I'm a FF fan since i was joung, i have spend a lot of time around games, spin-off and things like that.
    Days after days i find myself pretty reluctant to play any new FF franchise, but i'm ok whit this: it is a my problem.

So, now i have some time to spare and i'm thinking to buy FFXIII-2, but i have som question about the game (i was pretty full of stuff to study due university and i haven't done any "research"), what i know is this: like FFXIII the free-roaming desing is gone, replaced by time-traveling zoning.
    Combact system is the same of FFXIII, just add new magic and cinematic combact action.
    I haven't completed the previous game (i just put down the controller on Sazh esper battle) for few reason: the combact system was pretty confusionary and a lot of time the game push you to use auto-action (expecialy for fillers battle between cuscenes, if you are overgeared\over-levelled that system can help to clear the boring parts), also i'm not so happy about the free roaming but is a minor concerning.

The real reason is the weeaboo effect.
    How much weeaboo there is this 2° chapter?

Honestly, and this is all just my opinion, but I feel like FFXIII-2 is a general upgrade over FFXIII.

The concept of the sequel is similar to FFX-2, except I think FFXIII-2 actually has a more fleshed-out story that makes it feel more standalone than X-2.

FFXIII-2 has much more to do than FFXIII in terms of content. The time-travel gives FFXIII-2 more variety, but it's still a linear RPG. (Not a bad thing.)

Combat has improved mechanics, and variety is pretty huge since you can now completely customize your third party member (monster).

Cinematic combat action is nothing to write home about. You press a couple of buttons as the scene plays. A toddler could do it successfully.

In general, the automated feel of battles is still there, but if you enjoy 'menu grinding', there are still plenty more options for pre-battle variety setups.

Finally, there is much more free-roaming than FFXIII. There are more optional things to do, but if you've played the PS1 FF's it doesn't compare.

Overall, if you like Japanese-style RPGs, you will enjoy FFXIII-2. It is slightly more accessible to western gamers, too. It can meet lowered expectations.

XIII-XIII-2 arnt that bad and other stuff

I know a lot of people are not a fan of the 13s but i think they have nice story and gameplay. I know they are unlike other games but it is still a good game. I almost have a plat on 13-2 and , honestly, i got stuck on on 13. The add ons are a little hard thought, i beat omega,lightning and armodor, and pupu. The others are to hard to beat (I really like and want Gilgamesh). Tha add ons arnt that bad though. Yes i am "one of those losers" that actually wants a 13-3. I don't care what you say but as long as it is not crap like the online games (honestly i never played one because people said it was a train wreck that fell into a volcano somehow making it erupt and destroyed and burned a poor orphanage filled with orphans and nuns). Also would love to get Versus 13 (maybe if we keep say we want it on the forums the people that look over them, if they have any, will see that we really want it and they will gain a lot of money) Anyways i just wanted to get that out of my chest, you can write any time and friend me on psn, 3ds, or on here.

I like all of them too. But you know, most of the people who say bad things about the XIII saga, are the ones who are either fan boys of FFVII, or already fan boys of Versus XIII, a game that is yet to release. They keep telling in the XIII foruns, where is FFVII? Where is Versus?? They are so blinded by these two titles, that they forget to see the beauty of the other games. But im happy that square is releasing FF13-3 they know what the true fans of the serie, not of one or another game, wants.

I really like FFVII, and Versus XIII looks good, but i love the other ones too.

And i will add you on my 3DS.

Well that was a quick reply and nice avatar and i love VII, i want versus but it is not a priority.

"XII-XII-2 arnt that bad and other stuff"

The Ivalice Alliance? There is no XII-2.

I mean 13.

You're right. They are pretty solid games.

I just have to find time to play XIII-2.

They are good JRPG's but they aren't awesome Final Fantasy's. My personal opinion. *waits to get lit on fire by the fans*

I personally liked VI, VII, VIII and X. XIII world and characters just didn't draw me in and have me care about either one. I thought the story was kind of weak (but had a great ending that was ruined by XIII-2). Idk just didn't pull me in and care like the other FF's did.

The story in those games is not good at all, in my opinion. The gameplay is fine though... but really, I think JRPGs need to have a balance of both good story and good gameplay to be considered great.

People always compare this to their most favorite FF game. Honestly, when XIII wasn't release XII was my favorite. Now this is now (XIII - XIII-2) my favorite. If there will be a dissidia 3, FF XII sequel, FF X HD, or even FFXIII-3 it will be my new favorite.

At first I thought the story and the game itself wasn't good. I didn't like how after every battle you were automatically healed, or that if you died you had the choice to "retry". But I looked past those things and gave it a shot, and I'm glad I did because it turned out to be an amazing ride. The story was very confusing at first, but I read up on the Data Log menu and understood everything that was going on. As I progressed through the game I found myself more and more drawn to the characters and the story. The gameplay was really nice too.

In my honest opinion, I think FFXIII was an amazing title. I loved every single Final Fantasy that has been released (Except for XIV cause I've yet to play it). My favorite one would have to be FFVIII/FFXII/FFVI. In that order. It's really interesting and I've found out that most of the people who said the game sucked and all of this negative stuff, never even made it past the 4th chapter of the game which is still just the beginning of it. Not really understanding anything that's going on or appreciating the work and detail in the game.

Sorry for writing so much, most of you probably won't even read it. I'm just saying I thought the game was great. People who didn't like it I think only didn't like it because they never tried to actually understand the story and concept. I could write a short paragraph explaining what was going on and I've actually done this before and the people were interested in knowing and were surprised that the game's story was so deep.

1. I read your whole thing.

2. I like confusing stories/games, it makes me think.

Haha, I'm glad you did! I always feel like it may be too long and nobody will read it. I also enjoy confusing stories/games, it just makes it more interesting for me to figure out.

I also read the whole comment. And even though I "completed" the game and read the info longs, I still don't get most of it...fal'cie.....L'cie....coccoon.....I don't know what's what most of the time. ELI5 FF13 please

1 L'cie are people that where asigned a focus (job) to do by (in this case) fal'cie adam.

2 Fal'cie are abominations that could not complete their focus, turn ing them into there former state.

3 Coccoon is the "paradise" where people could get away from the dangers of the world bellow. It is like a very close moon, close enough to earth to sustain life.

You got something wrong, the Cie'th, not the fal'Cie, are the monsters. The were l'Cie who couldn't fulfill their focus.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

has anyone beat the boss on XII?

Page 2 of 11 First First 123456 ... Last