Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS4 Sales figures?

PS4 Sales figures?

I've been looking for months for any sales figures for the PS4 release.

Yet I have found nothing on the subject since the games release in october. SE and CD were pretty honest about the sales when it was out for XboxOne and 360.

From my view point, CD and SE learned their lesson of sharing that info to the public. When it came out that it only sold one million by the end of 2015 and when people called it a flop, SE and CD went into defensive mode and said they and Microsoft were satisfied with this(Which I see is a lie since the 2013 reboot sold more units in a multi plat release and you guys were not satisfied with that games sale.)

Right now I see this as them unwilling to share the info cause maybe the PS4 version also flopped because of another multitude of blunder(Another stupid release date that launched with other huge games, the 60 dollar price tag for a year old game.)

However if I get some kind of proof that the game sold well, I might reconsider my opinion. And before any admin come in here and says "Sure it sold like hotcake!" I'm not taking your word for it since your biased on the subject and are going to defend CD and SE regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon2016 View Post
    I've been looking for months for any sales figures for the PS4 release.

Yet I have found nothing on the subject since the games release in october. SE and CD were pretty honest about the sales when it was out for XboxOne and 360.

From my view point, CD and SE learned their lesson of sharing that info to the public. When it came out that it only sold one million by the end of 2015 and when people called it a flop, SE and CD went into defensive mode and said they and Microsoft were satisfied with this(Which I see is a lie since the 2013 reboot sold more units in a multi plat release and you guys were not satisfied with that games sale.)

Right now I see this as them unwilling to share the info cause maybe the PS4 version also flopped because of another multitude of blunder(Another stupid release date that launched with other huge games, the 60 dollar price tag for a year old game.)

However if I get some kind of proof that the game sold well, I might reconsider my opinion. And before any admin come in here and says "Sure it sold like hotcake!" I'm not taking your word for it since your biased on the subject and are going to defend CD and SE regardless.
    Do not expect to get many, if any, replies with such a combative tone re the final part of your post, which is demonstrably false to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by YardFowl View Post
    Do not expect to get many, if any, replies with such a combative tone re the final part of your post, which is demonstrably false to begin with.
    Fine then, I don't need an answer if you people can't take just a smidgen of criticism or maybe a slightly combative tone.

Yet from what I seen, every time some got a combative tone, Admins would just get as combative with their tone as me and tear into the person in question for not toeing their line of thought.

You know what, admins, just delete this post since no one wants to hear this and just delete my profile or ban me. I don't care.

You guys just gave me another reason not to play this game.
    Last edited by Poseidon2016; 17th Dec 2016 at 18:20.

770k without digital

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxPrime2016 View Post
    770k without digital
    Can I get a link or something. I can't just go on just your word unfortunately.

So that means this game has flopped yet again, even harder than the Xbox version.

Can't be surprised though, I knew this would happen given that it's just a year old game of the year edition with some new stuff added into it to justify a 60 dollar release. Of course the site isn't figuring in digital sales at all, so maybe I'm wrong.

It fits what I originally thought though, SE tried to make us PS4 user pay full price for a year old game to recoup their losses when the game didn't sell like hot cakes since the Xbox didn't come out of the wood works to buy the game. And when the game released on the PS4, we weren't interested and already moved on.

I can't wait for when the third game comes out, I won't be surprised if SE goes full exclusive with Xbox and they'll use the low sales of the PS4 or what ever console it has out by that time to justify themselves.

a game released 1 year later for $60 is not a flop if it does 1 million sold, which i believe it will

So that means this game has flopped yet again, even harder than the Xbox version.
    The XB1 version benefited from something the PS4 didn't at the same time last year, though: Christmas sales.
    signature image

a game released 1 year later for $60 is not a flop if it does 1 million sold, which i believe it will
    Agreed. And if that doesn't factor in digital sales I'm sure it has already passed 1 million, with as many times as it's already been discounted on the Playstation Network. That's had to have helped.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    Agreed. And if that doesn't factor in digital sales I'm sure it has already passed 1 million, with as many times as it's already been discounted on the Playstation Network. That's had to have helped.
    Right, and publishers make a bigger sum of digital sales than they do retail/physical copies, so it kinda offsets the price difference and that's only counting discounted sales digitally.
    Last edited by KManX89; 19th Dec 2016 at 13:43.
    signature image

Fine then, I don't need an answer if you people can't take just a smidgen of criticism or maybe a slightly combative tone.

Yet from what I seen, every time some got a combative tone, Admins would just get as combative with their tone as me and tear into the person in question for not toeing their line of thought.
    There has been plenty of criticism thrown at Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix from many of us here. Except you saw fit to throw your criticism at the community, which is a significant difference and has nothing to do with the state of the game itself. Don't take your frustrations with the developers & publishers on us.
    signature image

I can't wait for when the third game comes out, I won't be surprised if SE goes full exclusive with Xbox and they'll use the low sales of the PS4 or what ever console it has out by that time to justify themselves.
    Why would they? Multiplatform TR 2013 sold well but during the first year Rise hasn't done that well on Xbox alone. In fact it looks like despite the exclusivity, Xbox sales haven't gone up. It's so clear from this that if they go with permanent Xbox exclusivity then they are going to lose millions of sales.

just got updated with the black friday sales, 940.000 retail copies sold as of 26th November
    source : http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82907/r...e-tomb-raider/

low ps4 sales? i think you misunderstand the situation

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, PS4 - 1.400.000 vs XB1 610.000 copies sold at retail
    Rise Of The Tomb Raider, PS4 - 940.000 vs XB1 1.380.000 copies sold at retail

it's just a matter of time for PS4 to outsell the XB1 version of ROTTR, xb1 sold 1.38 million copies in more than a year, PS4 sold 940.000 in two months, how is that bad?
    Last edited by OnyxPrime2016; 22nd Dec 2016 at 00:23.

Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    There has been plenty of criticism thrown at Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix from many of us here. Except you saw fit to throw your criticism at the community, which is a significant difference and has nothing to do with the state of the game itself. Don't take your frustrations with the developers & publishers on us.
    Really, I've seen people here criticize the publishers and the developers and the community dog piled on the person. I've seen admins get super angry at people when they were complaining about the sixty dollar price tag because they were questioning CD and SE about selling a year old game at full price.

Really, I've seen people here criticize the publishers and the developers and the community dog piled on the person. I've seen admins get super angry at people when they were complaining about the sixty dollar price tag because they were questioning CD and SE about selling a year old game at full price.
    I challenge you to reference-link any posts that support your assertion.

I was also gonna say. I'm sensing the strawman is strong with this one.
    signature image

I don't need to post a link, just a name: Driber

When anybody post something that Driber doesn't agree with, she jumps down peoples throats, dismissing anything said person regardless of what they prove may be right

OK so it sold a little more than 2 million copies on both consoles, still doesn't make it a hit.

The 2013 sold two or three times over that on consoles. Last I read it was 8.5 million.

You know how long it took Uncharted 4 to hit 2.7 million, a week.

OK so it sold a little more than 2 million copies on both consoles, still doesn't make it a hit.

The 2013 sold two or three times over that on consoles. Last I read it was 8.5 million.

These stats though are only updated as far as 10th December and if you include the sales on 360 then it was just short of 3 million (1.2 + 1.4 + 0.3). Maybe with Christmas it has got to 3.5 or 4.

Of the 8.5 million for TR(2013) the biggest percentage was PS sales and so we have to see if Rise slow-burns to a good number now it is on PS4. The aggregate review scores for the game are deservedly really impressive and what has happened to sales with Rise and LcToO looks to be down to a mis-judged plan. I don't think we would have matched UC but I think Rise sales would have been a long way ahead of where it is now if they hadn't made that exclusivity arrangement.

Let's not forget that the most common PS4 bundle game now and since it came out is 'Uncharted 4', so I'm certain that is a contributing factor to its sales numbers.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

it's not just "a little more than 2 million copies" for RoTTR

those 8.5m for 2013 TR are for pc, ps3, ps4, xb360, xb1 physical, digital and bundle copies sold
    for RoTTR we have 1.43m from Steam + 1.18m for ps4 + 1.42m for xb1 + 320k xb360 = 4.350.000 without Windows Store sales, or ps4/xb1/xb360 digital and bundle sales, RoTTR is a successful game no matter how you look at it, you also have to remember that it also got money for being timed exclusive for microsoft, not just from sales

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    Let's not forget that the most common PS4 bundle game now and since it came out is 'Uncharted 4', so I'm certain that is a contributing factor to its sales numbers.
    uncharted 4 sold 8.7 million as of 1.1.2017, out of those 1.2 million were bundle copies
    Last edited by OnyxPrime2016; 23rd Jan 2017 at 11:00.

Rise of Tomb Raider needs to sell at least 6 million combined to be considered a full-on success. It's kind of the sweet spot currently. From what we know Rise likely sold close to 4 million combined. That's not terrible, but expect changes. It is very likely Tomb Raider will undergo a refresh to connect with more gamers. However I strongly doubt another reboot considering the praise Rise gained from critics, which still has some value for a publisher.

Why 6 million? Because next gen games cost a lot of money, and they could just as easily release a Final Fantasy spin-off and make more money. I expect they try to merge fan bases between Classic and Reboot by balancing the game experience a little better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast