Thread: ROTTR much too easy...

ROTTR much too easy...

Ok I just finished Survivor Extreme difficulty with just using a Bow for the complete playthrough...!!
    I have to say it was much too easy, I died only twice at the end (Helicopter) in all of the fights. I really hope they will bring a 3rd TR and hopefully with higher difficulty settings. Especially the puzzling and Tombs are too easy after you get the general concept. I miss the good old days when you were sitting in front of a puzzle for hours trying to figure it out. Or really hard Bosses that weren't Quick-Time scripted but really needed skill and figuring out the tactics.

Anyway, I know this is a Whine-Thread but I needed to get that off my chest. Now off to the next run, again Extreme Survivor only Bow but without special arrows, only normal arrows... maybe thats more challenging

Well done you.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit_1979 View Post
    Ok I just finished Survivor Extreme difficulty with just using a Bow for the complete playthrough...!!I died only twice at the end (Helicopter) in all of the fights. I really hope they will bring a 3rd TR and hopefully with higher difficulty settings
    I am trying same thing but I have died a lot mainly with the bears. You must be an incredibly good player. I thought the tombs were a little easy but a huge amount better than those in TR(2013).

I personally had trouble staying alive during the helicopter battle. I died many times. I did use cover a lot and this part of the game reminded me so much of fighting Liquid Snake's Hind in Metal Gear Solid back in 1998 but at least the Hind was easier for me. For me it was ridiculous how many times the helicopter exploded and was still able to fight back.

If you find extreme to be easy good for you. Maybe in the future they'll find something harder for you.
    signature image

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit_1979 View Post
    Ok I just finished Survivor Extreme difficulty... I died only twice
    Are you playing the Celebration version with "Extreme survivor" difficulty? I thought you weren't allowed to die in that mode? (Don't own that version of the game)
    ...ah, I see.

As the in-game description says, Extreme Survivor difficulty is the same as Survivor (enemies are tougher and you can only get health back by using healing items and resting at campfires) but you can only save your progress at campfires. (Source)
    Funny, I didn't realize you could use camp fires for healing - I figured out the healing powers of animals, though. Even a rat apparently restores full health.

So, to make things really tough, you could
    - Get by without bandaging (pretty tough in the final levels for lack of vermin)
    - Not upgrade either weapons or kit = less ammo
    - Beat the game using only incendiaries/crafted explosives, and melee attacks (without dodge counter skill)

Lara's armory is overkill. Guess I'll try one or all of the above.