Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xbox vs. ps2

outkast Guest

Question xbox vs. ps2

which do you think is better and why? xbox or ps2 because i would preferre aod to come to xbox b/c their graphics are so good.

I'd say PS2, because even if the graphics aren't as sophisticated, you have the option of playing a massive library of PS1 & 2 games

Cool It just seems right!

I think TR games should stay exclusive to ps1 and ps2 because it just seem right. It's been on psx for years now...I see no reason to change.

The old and good PC!!!
    It's better than any console system!

I can't agree, everyone has a different PC making games very hard to run for everybody..
    On a system though everyone has the same format, meaning there is a LOT less chance of bugs.
    Also, although a computer sounds better a system can whoop a PC's butt anyday in a lot of areas.
    Sorry, nothing against PC gaming.. Just giving ya the facts.. As for this post, I can't answer.
    PS2 is fine I suppose, and X-Box is okay I guess (although ran by evil people, lol)
    But anyway my current favorite is the GCN.

I disagree!
    If you have an average PC, that it's not hard, you can run almost every consoles and games that you want!
    What you will spend with a fresh new console, including games, you can buy a good PC!
    There a lot of ways to clean your system and make it run crystal! Like partition your HD!
    It's my opnion after a good time playing games from both PC and Nintendo systems!

When i look in magazine such as Electronic Gaming World,

XBox screenshots tend look to a little "green".

I'd rather play games on a nice high end pc. You can tweak the graphics to overclock your video card, and get much better visuals.

Big Grin wouldnt this have been better as a poll?

I have all the systems, PS1, 2, GCN, xbox, n64 etc. personally I would jump off a cliff for my computer, and since game cube is so much better than xbox (imo) I like those two best. I will also always love the playstation 1+2 and n64. we have snes etc. but i never really liked those... Tomb raider was terrible on the game boy, and it would have been great on n64 or gcn! i always like it better on pc though. i dont really like xbox, mostly because of the controller, its kind of akward, and the system is like 10x bigger than gcn! lol
    signature image
    did you really think that it was over? / my journal

Thumbs Up

Xbox is a far better console than PS2.... it is capable of far more, which sadly hasn't been fully utilised yet.

It gave the world "Halo" - possibly the most amazing game ever (and this from a confirmed mouse/keyboard FPS fan!) - and although it doesn't have the back catalogue of the PS/PS2 it is still early days.

I know I could play hundred's of PS games and PS2 games on my PS2....but I choose not to as 95% of them are just plain crap.

I have played games on my PS2, but have never been blown away by them.
    I have been utterly blown away by games I played on the X-Box.

Bottom line - I will be playing AoD on PC.....but if it came out for Xbox I would play it on that.

(I have a GC and a DC, too BTW)

I would say Dreamcast !!
    But seeing as it's dead over here I say it's the PS2 and the GameCube that will be the dominant forces in the console industry.

The Xbox is a powerful console indeed, but I haven't seen any game that would make wanna go out and buy one.

On the other side of the world.
    If you take a look at Japan, even the PS1 and Dreamcast are more populair over there.

Thats because its too big...apparently.

The Japanese market frowns on anything too big...they want compact hi-fi, small games consoles, tiny gamepads and ickle DVD players.

And huge screens to watch them on.

FPS games are not big in Japan, either....they prefer fighting games and driving games on the whole, so the xbox is up against a lot of inbuilt opposition.

But then again, so is online play. A very large percentage of PS2 owners in Japan said they had no interest whatsoever in playing online with their PS2's... the majority of which were bought as cheap DVD players, evidenced by relatively low game sales. So this has scuppered broadband adaptor sales in Japan.

"Halo" alone is worth buying an XBox for, though....trust me.

Never mind how it looks in the shop....you need to play it to fully appreciate why.
    (I did laugh when a PS2 mag here in the UK tried to dismiss "Halo"'s XBox exclusivity by saying "Do we really need another Quake 3 on the PS2?"
    Apart from the fact that Quake 3 as a console game blew chunks, its like saying of Virtua Tennis "Do we really need another Pong?")

PS2

./I prefer PS2, as it is just better and able playing dvd's. Concerning the graphics, it's difficult to decide...

Cool This could run and run....

But Xbox plays DVD's too, and with better results .... and if you play any game which came out on both consoles (eg. Spiderman: the movie/Onimusha etc) you can instantly see that the Xbox has better picture quality and is capable of handling large outdoor areas (like NY cityscapes in Spiderman) much better than the PS2.

I traded in my PS2 Onimusha for the Xbox version... waaaaay better.

I'll go with PS2. I have one, but my brother bought it. Now, if he bought an X-box there might be a bit of competition. But really now. Halo wasn't that great of a game. It was like every other shooter that I've played. It's over-rated. Just my oppinion though. I'm not trying to offend anyone.

DaveJ.

I've already played Halo at a buddy of mine.
    Indeed, it's a good game.
    But it isn't enough for me to buy an Xbox.

I don't agree that the Japanese frown on the Xbox because of it's size tough.
    It's because the Xbox itself isn't a Japanese product.
    Take a look.
    A lot the more populair games that are made in both The States and Europe are very unpopulair in Japan.

Smile

My comment about the Japanese 'frowning on all things large' came from a Japanese man.
    I guess he'd know.
    He was doing a column in an Xbox mag about why the Xbox would find Japan a hard market to crack.
    His words - not mine.

I happily bought my Xbox on the strength of "Halo" alone ... hence my recommendation.

I wasn't content to play a few levels at a friends house... I wanted to play the whole thing (just finished it a second time today) with the 5.1 sound pumped all the way up to 11.

It is sooo much better than any other FPS (and believe me, I've just about played them all) - and also unlike any other - because for the first time a game gets absolutley every last detail RIGHT.

The effort that went into everything from the controls, to the sound, to the continuity, to the hidden features, immersive atmosphere, stunning gameplay, unparalleled AI, the first FPS to incorporate co-operative mode .... it deserves all its acclaim and more.

'Not that great a game'? Other games now have no excuse for cutting corners anymore. A new standard has been set.

But it's still not that great a game

Cool

You're right.

'Great' is too weak a word to describe it.

One day there will be new superlatives to adequately encompass its true *insert new superlative here in future years*.

In the meantime, we'll just call it the best.

I'm guessing you either haven't played it all the way through, saw it on demo in a shop, or don't play a lot of FPS games?

Really, I know a Japanese guy who told me that it the size of the Xbox didn't matter.
    But hey, we ain't Japanese, so there's no point in arguing voer this.

As for FPS games.
    Believe me, I play a lot of them.
    It's just that Halo isn't enough for me to buy an Xbox, and each to their own tastes right ?

I prefer Aliens Vs. Predator 1 & 2 and Deatmatch games such as Quake III and Unreal Tournament.
    Red Faction and Medal of Honor didn't do that much for me either.

Thumbs Up Very true.

Isn't there an expansion pack due out for AvP2 very soon?

As for Halo...I just want everyone to enjoy it as much as I did.

It captures everything I enjoy about videogaming.

Thumbs Up Yepzz

Yeah, it's called Primal Hunt.
    It should be out next month.

So far, the features are looking great.

Wink

I am having this same dilemma - it is my birthday next month and I hope to get a new games console. I personally am going for the PS2 purely and simply because AOD will be released for the PS2!!!! But I also think that having a tried and tested force like Sony behind you has to be a winner. So the PS2 for me then!!!!
    signature image Laramaniac signature image
    "Ohhh.....that's where we put the temple!!"

Originally posted by DaveJ
    I'm guessing you either haven't played it all the way through, saw it on demo in a shop, or don't play a lot of FPS games?
    I've played it all the way through. I have played a lot of FPS games. I guess Halo just isn't my cup o' tea. I didn't like the controls much, but I suppose you would get used to that after a while. I hate having to use those analog sticks. I'm more into the games with real guns instead of some plasma weapons or whatever they were. I usually stick to playing Medal of Honor. I will give Halo credit for it's multiplayer though. It's fun mowing people down in the truck

Thumbs Up

Trust me, I'm a dyed in the wool mouse and keyboard FPS player....I never thought I'd find a console game that would win me over.

FPS with a gamepad? Get outta here!

Halo did that for me....shame it didn't do it for you, too.

Multiplayer is cool isn't it?

Which Medal of Honour do you mean? PC one or PS one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast