Thread: Ps4 Pro no HDR on rise of the tomb raider

Ps4 Pro no HDR on rise of the tomb raider

This game is supposed to have hdr on the pro but it doesn't , I have a compatible HDR tv and other games work great with hdr, when is the patch coming?

There're still handshake problems to get the Ps4 Pro to output 4k and in some cases even 1080p will not work with various UHD TVs. Some people can only get it to work in 720p or are forced to buy PSVR in order to bypass the signal. I think it's a problem with the game and the current Ps4 firmware as well. Sony released this hardware way too hasty.

I can't get it to work through my AVR. Probably because of the 2 HDMI outputs. Got the same problem when the first Ps4 was released and it only took Sony around 1 and a half of a years to fix it.

With the last update SE ruined the framerate on standard Ps4 and the graphics even look worse then before (more texture pop-ins and edge flicker). To fix this should have priority before they do something about HDR support. The game is now for around 2 weeks unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by xTHORGALx View Post
    There're still handshake problems to get the Ps4 Pro to output 4k and in some cases even 1080p will not work with various UHD TVs. Some people can only get it to work in 720p or are forced to buy PSVR in order to bypass the signal. I think it's a problem with the game and the current Ps4 firmware as well. Sony released this hardware way too hasty.

I can't get it to work through my AVR. Probably because of the 2 HDMI outputs. Got the same problem when the first Ps4 was released and it only took Sony around 1 and a half of a years to fix it.

With the last update SE ruined the framerate on standard Ps4 and the graphics even look worse then before (more texture pop-ins and edge flicker). To fix this should have priority before they do something about HDR support. The game is now for around 2 weeks unplayable.
    I don't have any problems with 4K the only thing I miss in this game is hdr, nothing else dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthpibe View Post
    I don't have any problems with 4K the only thing I miss in this game is hdr, nothing else dude.
    There's only a problem with various UHD TVs (brands like LG, Vizio, Sony). Be happy that you're not one of those poor people who have by far bigger problems compared to just not working HDR (real problems like no output at all or framerate issies making the game unplayable).

There's only a problem with various UHD TVs (brands like LG, Vizio, Sony). Be happy that you're not one of those poor people who have by far bigger problems compared to just not working HDR (real problems like no output at all or framerate issies making the game unplayable).
    You are right dude, are you sure that Sony tv have problems with ps4 Pro?

You are right dude, are you sure that Sony tv have problems with ps4 Pro?
    Yup. I'm not sure which one but a lot people with Sony UHD TVs are *ing about problems with the Pro. At last with FW4.05 it was a real pain to get the handshake working. To disable HDCP in the setup of the Pro was a temporary fix for some people.

Theres also one big problem with HDR. There's still no standard and most games will support only HDR10. If your TV only supports Dolby Vision, it may not work.

I don't see how Darthpibe can be having handshake problems if HDR is working on other games?

My PS4 Pro is showing HDR compatability in the settings (2k/4k compatible) so the handshake has worked but I get no HDR from ROTTR. 4k works fine.

Would be great if we could get confirmation from Square Enix if HDR is supposed to be supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Davesbeard View Post
    I don't see how Darthpibe can be having handshake problems if HDR is working on other games?
    Where did i say anything about him ? I said that many people have problems with the handshake thanks to Sonys lazy firmware updates.

My PS4 Pro is showing HDR compatability in the settings (2k/4k compatible) so the handshake has worked but I get no HDR from ROTTR. 4k works fine.

Would be great if we could get confirmation from Square Enix if HDR is supposed to be supported.
    Just read what i'm writing. As i said before there are more then one HDR standard and unlike on XboxOne S it's not only limited to just HDR10 on Ps4 Pro (MS did this in order to make sure it will run on every display). HDR support means nothing on the Pro because not every TV is compatible to every standard. What is so hard for you to understand something simple like this ?

Where did i say anything about him ? I said that many people have problems with the handshake thanks to Sonys lazy firmware updates.

Just read what i'm writing. As i said before there are more then one HDR standard and unlike on XboxOne S it's not only limited to just HDR10 on Ps4 Pro (MS did this in order to make sure it will run on every display). HDR support means nothing on the Pro because not every TV is compatible to every standard. What is so hard for you to understand something simple like this ?
    Dude HDR10 is the standard now, some are just getting Dolby vision, HDR10 is more comercial because more brands are accepting this, maybe in the future they'll release a tv that support both formats, but in the end I think HDR10 is going to stay as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Davesbeard View Post

The problem in this case is not the tv dude, my tv supports HDR10, I've read on another forums that tomb raider is not hdr compatible at this moment, they got to make a patch for it.

The problem in this case is not the tv dude, my tv supports HDR10, I've read on another forums that tomb raider is not hdr compatible at this moment, they got to make a patch for it.
    Jesus who let xTHORGALx out of her cage. She's wrong and angry about it. To clarify, the PS4 Pro does not support Dolby Vision and thus only supports HDR10. If your PS4 is telling you that your setup is HDR compatible then you have HDR10 support on your TV. As an aside there are no TVs available that i'm aware of that ONLY support Dolby Vision. If they do have Dolby Vision they also have HDR10. Because Darth and I both have HDR compatible setups and have both had HDR working on other games, this must mean ROTTR does not currently support HDR, as Darth said he found on other forums.

Mind posting the link to those forums please Darth? Interested to have a read.

Who told you that i'm female ? Or are you doing it on porpose ?

Read the patch notes for RotTR on Ps4. There's Pro support but not a single word about HDR support. There's HDR support for DeusEx and you'll find it the patch notes. No support means no HDR.
    I'm not sitting inside your TV and because of this i can not tell what kind of HDR is supported. That's why i said there're diffrent standards. A lot people were complaining about problems while activating HDR for supported games.