Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug Report: RotTR on PS4.

Exclamation Bug Report: RotTR on PS4.

Thought I wanted to join the reports of located bugs/glitches, that to me seem worthy of being mentioned here:

So far, about 10 hours into the game and sitting at a 28% completion rate, I've discovered the following bug:

- (Edited to clarify). The problem with the shaking camera appears to be specifically related to climbing the first yellow'ish ladder in the Copper Mill Yard area. Once reaching the top of the ladder, the shaking will always trigger, supposedly as an effect to symbolize the strong winds in this area. This I can live with, but the bug itself comes from the fact that once you descend back to solid ground, for example going back down to the Camp Site, the shaking continues and does not disappear. Distracting and nauseating side-effects aside, this is obviously not supposed to happen and thus why I've reported this as well in my E-mail to SE. So far from testing, this only appears to happen in the Copper Mill Yard area.

Also, a small visual glitch that I discovered:

- While exploring the Gulag, Lara's hair would suddenly disappear, and leave her "almost bald", but with a slight tuft of hair left on the top of her scalp, quite horrendous really. While non-harmful, this glitch would happen a few more times (her original hair style randomly returning to normal and then disappearing again soon after), until I finally fast-travelled from a nearby Camp Site. Since then it hasn't happened again, but still seems worthy of notice in here, so that a fix might cure her spontaneous hair loss.

I will of course Edit as necessary, if I find anything else out of the ordinary.

Edit#1 - 7/11/16: So apparently 15 hours later, I'm downloading the latest update for RotTR, V. 1.05. Positively surprised to say the least. Let's hope this fixes the above-stated issues.

Edit#2 - 7/11/16: After a rigorous amount of testing with the latest update and generally just playing the game, I can state the obvious, that Performance has taken a turn for the worse with update 1.05.

- I'm now experiencing frequent Framerate-drops in all areas I've been in so far, and while such an issue was almost completely absent on 1.04, it is now painfully present, and unfortunately impacts the overall gameplay-experience.

- The above stated bugs are now gone fortunately, Lara's mysterious hair loss has yet to repeat itself, and the camera is acting normal again. Input Lag has been significantly reduced, and seems better now, but is also suffering from the before mentioned Framerate-drops. In my case, it negatively impacts the way I aim.

Edit#3 - 9/11/16: As much as it pains me, I have to retract what I said about the "Camera Shake Bug", and that it had been fixed, because that's not the case after all. While playing today, it came back without anything even worthy of a cause on my part! Can't explain it! Square: If this is IN FACT a feature, at least give us the option to turn it off in the settings. It is extremely annoying, and acts more like bug than a feature, as it occurs as randomly as it does. THIS, and the Framerate-issues needs a fix.

Edit#4 - 17/11/16: At the time of writing, I've been in contact with SE's Costumer Support regarding the issues stated above, specifically the Frame-Rate issues. Support has been kind and they even asked me to elaborate on some of the problems I was experiencing. So I did! Status at the moment is that information has been passed on to the Dev. Team, and that they're looking into things.
    Last edited by Sawyer1201; 16th Nov 2016 at 23:30.

I've tested the latest update and for me it's worse then before. It feels not right when i move the camera (feels like micro-stuttering or something) and makes the blur worse. Also there's more flickering and more visible pop-ins and less shadow quality (testet Gethermal Valley). This update ruined the game completely for me.

Is SE patching all recent games unplayable on Ps4 now, in order to make them look even better on the upcoming Pro ?

Well, I wanted to touch upon the latest update myself as well. It's definitely worse performance-wise, you're absolutely right. Don't know what happened, or what went wrong, but on 1.04 I had little to no Framerate drops whatsoever. Now, I get them rather frequently, and in annoying doses too!

As far as the PS4 Pro goes, they're putting out updates for Deus Ex: MD, RotTR and in the future, FF15. That's all I know at the moment.

Unlike the PC platform the biggest problem on consoles is that there's no way to go back to a previous update besides 1.0 if you own the retail disc.

IMO the Ps4 release of this game is a big fail. After 1 year longer developement time for the Ps4 version, they managed to meke it much worse. Never experienced any glitches or bugs on Xbox with this title. Why did they not just leave it XboxOne exclusive ? Is this what i paid full retail price for a second time ?

The game stutters after the latest patch, especially when turning the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by danterikxx View Post
    The game stutters after the latest patch, especially when turning the camera.
    It certainly does unfortunately! Hopefully, Square has been made aware of this, and are working to resolve the issue in the next update. It's.. playable at the moment I guess, but still a far cry from being in its optimal state.

Quote Originally Posted by xTHORGALx View Post
    Unlike the PC platform the biggest problem on consoles is that there's no way to go back to a previous update besides 1.0 if you own the retail disc.

IMO the Ps4 release of this game is a big fail. After 1 year longer developement time for the Ps4 version, they managed to meke it much worse. Never experienced any glitches or bugs on Xbox with this title. Why did they not just leave it XboxOne exclusive ? Is this what i paid full retail price for a second time ?
    I can't compare this game to the XBOX1 version as I don't own one, but usually when talking about the developement of a console-exclusive game, they tend to shine a bit more on that particular piece of machinery. So yeah, I definitely get what you're saying. Ports are good IMO, but also a gamble in their own way due to how much closer you get to the port having flaws impacting the game-experience. I do however believe that this might just be an honest mistake in how the update interacts with the game, and hopefully they will patch it up soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer1201 View Post
    just be an honest mistake in how the update interacts with the game, and hopefully they will patch it up soon enough.
    But this ist really something you can see instantly. Makes me wonder if SE even knows about things like QC. Like i said, they did it to Deus Ex as well. They released a buch of Ps4 Pro features but in ther same patch made the game look and run worse on Ps4 compared to all previous patches. With every patch till now everything became worse and worse.

But this ist really something you can see instantly. Makes me wonder if SE even knows about things like QC. Like i said, they did it to Deus Ex as well. They released a buch of Ps4 Pro features but in ther same patch made the game look and run worse on Ps4 compared to all previous patches. With every patch till now everything became worse and worse.
    It definitely is, yes. It only took me a few seconds to notice how the frames would skip and drop no matter where I went (caves, tombs and the open areas). This patch didn't do much good I'm afraid, other than reducing the Input Lag to an acceptable level.

I'm already finished with this game, so it's not a big deal for me. The only things i'm missing is Endurance SP/MP and Woman of the People that glithed for me. So in other words i'll have to replay the main campaign again, but with this kind of frustrating update policy i'll probably quit now.

SE is well known to not care a lot for the Android community, charge really overpriced software there and releasing crappy/broken patches, but now the same thing happens more frequently to console games as well. It's a real shame and i'm starting to have a really bad feeling about FFXV.

It's a real shame and i'm starting to have a really bad feeling about FFXV.
    Well, Square is a big company and consists of a lot of different internal teams, so I'm really not worried about FFXV. From what I've seen, Tabata's team has taken the necessary step to make sure that this game peaks when it launches nov. 29th. So far, I've had no reason to doubt them.

Maybe. But you're missing my point. They messed up more then one game recently and it looks like there's no QC at all.

It looks like it is more important to make present games look good on Ps4 Pro then to make them work properly on Ps4. I mean, they released Pro patches weeks befor this hardware was even released...

Same here; frame rate suffers badly from stutters constantly after the last patch. The game was very smooth, but not anymore! Hopefully this very serious issue will be fixed asap! I was enjoying Rise immensely until the last patch...

Maybe. But you're missing my point. They messed up more then one game recently and it looks like there's no QC at all.

It looks like it is more important to make present games look good on Ps4 Pro then to make them work properly on Ps4. I mean, they released Pro patches weeks befor this hardware was even released...
    It does look rather fishy, I'll admit to that. Seems like their primary focus is rather divided when it in truth should stay on the current hardware, and not unreleased hardware. I'll get to play this game on my Pro when I pick it up tomorrow. I'll be able to see directly how much of an improvement they've made.
    Last edited by Sawyer1201; 11th Nov 2016 at 00:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-meddle View Post
    Same here; frame rate suffers badly from stutters constantly after the last patch. The game was very smooth, but not anymore! Hopefully this very serious issue will be fixed asap! I was enjoying Rise immensely until the last patch...
    Well, as I stated earlier, I would still deem it playable.. to an extent! Obviously we can't deny that it's a bit handicapped at the moment, and that's probably what turns a lot of people off! But yeah, let's pray that a fix is imminent.

send a message to square enix support for the framerate problems after patch 1.05 https://support.eu.square-enix.com/c...?id=13381&la=2

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxPrime2016 View Post
    send a message to square enix support for the framerate problems after patch 1.05 https://support.eu.square-enix.com/c...?id=13381&la=2
    Done! Wrote a detailed message stating the exact issues. Let's hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxPrime2016 View Post
    Do you know how many people wrote to the support regarding Just Cause 3 or Deus Ex ? Did it help ?

SE should be aware of this problem. If there was any kind of QC, they should know before it was even released. You can see it clearly during the first few seconds after loading a saved game. Probably patching it for PS4 Pro is a much higher priority because they want to sell more copies of the game to new Pro owners. People who already bought it do not count anymore, because they can't even sell them any usefull addons on Ps4.

Oh, and btw... there's really no need to write the exact same message in more then 1 thread. You did it in 4 different threads.
    Last edited by xTHORGALx; 16th Nov 2016 at 09:41.

I contacted them as well...here's hoping they will release a small patch fixing this issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-meddle View Post
    I contacted them as well...here's hoping they will release a small patch fixing this issue!
    Let's hopt this will help but i have my doubts. It's not some kind of well hidden problem, so they should have fixed it by now... if the really wanted to. They put a lot more efforts in order to make it run as nice as possible on Pro systems. We already paid our money for the game, so there's nothing more to get from us. No DLCs we really need or anything else in the future to look forward to.

Let's hopt this will help but i have my doubts. It's not some kind of well hidden problem, so they should have fixed it by now... if the really wanted to. They put a lot more efforts in order to make it run as nice as possible on Pro systems. We already paid our money for the game, so there's nothing more to get from us. No DLCs we really need or anything else in the future to look forward to.
    They contacted my via e-mail and confirmed that the development team is looking into this issue and asked my a few questions that I answered; hopefully this means they indeed take this issue seriously and will release a patch soon to fix it!

Do you know how many people wrote to the support regarding Just Cause 3 or Deus Ex ? Did it help ?

SE should be aware of this problem. If there was any kind of QC, they should know before it was even released. You can see it clearly during the first few seconds after loading a saved game. Probably patching it for PS4 Pro is a much higher priority because they want to sell more copies of the game to new Pro owners. People who already bought it do not count anymore, because they can't even sell them any usefull addons on Ps4.

Oh, and btw... there's really no need to write the exact same message in more then 1 thread. You did it in 4 different threads.
    i contacted them and they said that the developers are looking into this issue(worse framerate with patch 1.05) so at least there's that

A few weeks passed now and i really wonder how long they will look into it ? If i'm back home next week 1 whole month will have passed and i'm pretty sure there'll be still no fix in sight and maybe the game abandoned just like JC3.

from what i heard, when you patch a game on ps4/xb1 it takes up to two weeks or even more for certification so i still have hopes for a new patch, but if january comes and there's still no new patch then i don't think they'll ever patch the game, which is strange because the support clearly said that the developers know about the problems and they are working to fix them, might've been a standard response and they actually have no intention of fixing anything, i don't know

If this issue does not get patched soon then Rise will remain unplayable...surely they realise that this would be a bad move?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast