Thread: Was Jacob Jesus? *Spoilers*

Was Jacob Jesus? *Spoilers*

I just finished the game. I had played Blood Ties when it was available and finished but now I'm going through the manor again to pick up any extras that appear after the game. After that I'm going to get all the relics, documents and do the challenges I didn't finish.

So, I know Jacob wasn't Jesus but there are way too many similarities between Jacob and Jesus and it has me wondering if he was supposed to be Jesus but they called him Jacob instead.

Any thoughts?
    signature image

I don't think so. There are parallels but then there are parallels between lots of religious figures. Jesus was one of many religious figures of his age, but he became the most popular (in the western world at least).
    signature image

I see. I just saw lots of similarities I thought he was implied to be Jesus but he was called Jacob instead. I liked Jacob it was depressing to see him die but he had been around for a long time so he was ready.

Also, off topic but did Jonah survive? I know Jacob healed his injury but I wasn't sure if he was healed in time since he was about to die.
    signature image

After finishing the main game, there is a cutscene on Lara's room (e.g. the Atlas is shown after a few seconds) where Lara listens to one of Dad's recordings and is being picked up by Jonah for the next trip and the camera focusses on the map on the table which shows parts of South America (I suppose,) so yes, Jonah lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    So, I know Jacob wasn't Jesus but there are way too many similarities between Jacob and Jesus and it has me wondering if he was supposed to be Jesus but they called him Jacob instead. Any thoughts?
    Just because there are similarities doesn't mean Jacob is Jesus. For starters, the story of the Deathless Prophet and Jesus Christ are completely different. Secondly, in history, there are plenty of prophets and religious icons with similarities to Christ, but that doesn't mean they are Christ himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    Also, off topic but did Jonah survive? I know Jacob healed his injury but I wasn't sure if he was healed in time since he was about to die.
    You finished the game but somehow don't know if Jonah survived? Did you skip the last cutscene?

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post

You finished the game but somehow don't know if Jonah survived? Did you skip the last cutscene?
    Sorry this was late. I didn't skip the last cutscene and I saw Jonah's wounds being healed but I didn't know if Jacob was too late in saving Jonah (like he had already died).
    signature image