Thread: Help needed with OH

Question Help needed with OH

Hey there, I have been shadowing the forum for a while, but this is my first post

I have already got a lot of good advice and ideas about Inch's "Hidden Garden" series (IT'S the BEST!), and have completed the first one.

But now I am stuck in OH - I have 3 golden stars, (one from the water near where the stars have to go, and two from the opposite side of the big chasm. I have no idea where else to look for the final gold star!

I'd really appreciate some help. or just a hint to point me in the right direction

thanks a lot!
    Kanji

OH! I did it anyway... but there are still some doors that I didn't open before leaving and coming back to HG. I also have one confusing question. I have the crossbow and laser sight, but when I shoot the ball-door in HG nothing happens... I was kind of expecting the door to get to Serpentine Gorge that way...
    any hints?

Hiya...... there are actually 2 balls you have to shoot to open the gates to SG..... the first is right by the gates themselves..... the other you will find through the room on the left near where you picked up one of the tridents......

Good luck with the rest of the levels........

INCH

Thanks a lot! I will check it out later. I guess I didn't finish all of OH yet either - still need to find the other trident (but I will give this one another shot by myself).

keep creating those masterpieces!

Hi Kanji. Do you know Oshtuki, author of Meganebashi? Unfortunately, he doesn't speak english so he cannot reply to any of my emails. I'm done with his "most difficult" custom level but there are certain questions left hanging after. I think only he can answer them. Anyway, nice to have you on here. I can also help you with the HG series of Jon as I already completed all.

Hi there Drew - thanks for the walkthrough for COTW - I would never have got anywhere without it (although I thought I did the timed run pretty well!) I don't know that Japanese level creator - I'm not Japanese, I just live here. However, I can speak the language a bit...

I am having trouble finding the second trident in OH - I got the one where you need to pull the burning chain (after a hint..)

If my memory serves me correctly (and this isn't always the case, and especially in Inchdix' levels ), you can see a passage when you look around when you're standing on the first platform (counting from the start of the level). Look really carefully, it's well hidden.

If you already found this passage,.... I have no idea what to do anymore!?!? (It's been too long)

Ok Kanji. Thanks for the reply. Geesh, the japanese designers (Oshtuki and now Ito's Eye of Eve) have a knack for "very" (and i mean it) difficult moves in their levels!

On your problem, Wixer described the room correctly. It's on your right if you're facing the floating islands. There you get the other iron key that'll open the crawlspace for the other trident.

Have you got the vraeus from the opposite main land? If so, on the way out, you should have opened the gate of that key room. Good luck!

hmm, I don't think I am on the same wavelength - I have looked all around but haven't found anything that I could get to

Where exactly do I have to be standing again? On the first floating island (the one you get to from the tree?)???

I'd love to work this one out by myself, but I fear that I just don't have the time or patience.

I have that vraeus though.

BTW I am a "junior" member according to the forum... if this is just an age thing I think I may have pressed the wrong button somewhere! My wife is telling me to stop playing Tomb Raider and go to bed!!!

OK, the floating island you mention is the right one, but look down and towards the 'door' you entered. You should see some sort of ladder.

If you're really running out of patience, tell us and we'll make it very clear where to go (with a screenshot or something).

And just remember: Breathe in through nose, out through mouth,...

And for the junior thingy... You're a junior member until your 30th post.

Just to make this clear: you need two iron keys --- one opened the gate for the torch and the other one will open the door for the crawlspace that'll yield the other trident.

Now the question is: which iron key did you get? the one i described is where one key is at (no need for the floating island!). If you stand facing the floating islands (where you first entered this area), the room is to your right. You just need a few jumps to get to it. Provided, you opened its door from the other main land on the way out after getting the vraeus.

Now the other key is where Wixer described it at. There's a ladder at the underside of the main island. You need to go underneath, some monkey swing to get to the room. I figured you've done this 'coz you were able to turn off the burning chain already.

Hope it's clearer.

OK, I did it - I just needed to go back to the place where I got the vraeus and find the secret near there to open that door to the second iron key - thanks for the help.

I got back to HG - and found the last secret there - but it still seems like there are places to see in OH.

like, for example - the place where you slide, fall, slide and climb up a ladder in the floating islands (is that clear?) there is a passageway on the far wall that I have tried in vain to reach but failed. Do you know of a way?

I know what you're referring to...'coz i tried going there in vain too Don't think it's reachable.

If i'm not mistaken, i read somewhere that Inch initially wanted to breakdown OH into two but decided otherwise. I think that would have been the passage. Now it's just a red herring. But only Inch can tell for sure what the purpose is of that.

Yes ..... drew is correct... mostly...... It was to be a re-entry point from the second half of OH........ as it turned out, I didn't need to split the level.

However, it WILL be used as a re-entry point in the disc version of the game...........more on this nearer the time........

INCH

Big Grin

Ok, I guess that it wasn't my Tomb raider-acrobatics skills that were lacking in that respect.

I guess that I will move on to another level now... I have already started FIREWALK and Emerald Lakes, but not got very far on either. Perhaps another thread is due to start. But I will try to work it out by myself... probably.

BTW it is incredibly hot here in Japan, about 34 degrees and humid. How about where you are?