Thread: DLC content...Insipid

DLC content...Insipid

DLC content...Insipid

The DLC, thus far released, has been...disappointing, to say the least. Neither mission does anything to advance the story line...all game progress is lost...These should have been added as side missions in the main game. And as for "Breakthrough" what a lame bit of offal that is.
    Square Enix is going to have to do better...much better...unless, of course they're just pushing excrement out the door to generate some short term cash.
    Last edited by dzadzey; 16th Oct 2016 at 04:26.

Yeah I'm not touching those (even Jensen stories that I already own) until they're part of the main game.

Any further comments? C'mon...Someone has an opinion.

I agree with you 100%. The need to come up with some more DLC that either expands the story line on Adam's missing 2 year memory gap and/or something that expands the story line that can be either continued in the next game of Deus Ex (if there is a next one) or is the preface to what's to come later. As it sits right now at the end I have 12 unused praxis kits which is a total waste since all of my skills are completely maxed.
    Last edited by HillbillyTaz; 22nd Nov 2016 at 13:45. Reason: spelling and more content

Originally Posted by HillbillyTaz
    I agree with you 100%. The need to come up with some more DLC that either expands the story line on Adam's missing 2 year memory gap
    Lot was explained in the Black Light. And another separate dlc with new praxis points won't help anybody.

Originally Posted by dzadzey
    The DLC, thus far released, has been...disappointing, to say the least. Neither mission does anything to advance the story line...all game progress is lost...These should have been added as side missions in the main game. And as for "Breakthrough" what a lame bit of offal that is.
    Square Enix is going to have to do better...much better...unless, of course they're just pushing excrement out the door to generate some short term cash.
    I think it's probably for the best. The first one involving Tarvos you can easily tell it was content ripped off from the main game at Squeenix's orders since it involves a character prominently shown in the trailers. The second one with Pritchard might be interesting but I've only started it just now. So far I think it's a good thing that the content is "insipid", Eidos Montreal got a lot of backlash for making Missing Link such an important plot point, I say that they're learning from their past mistakes.

Most fun I had with the game was while exploring the local stories of Prague with the illusion of some freedom. I felt like a detective putting together the a bigger puzzle.
    I did not like the missions where I had to fly away to a site and had to go through corridors with limited branches. Even though they advanced the main story, I felt disconnected and I just wanted to skip to the end and get back to Prague.
    So I was kind of disappointed with a Jensen's Story DLC that I tried, too. It felt out of context, too.