Thread: PS4 Square-Enix server issues for Rise of the Tomb Raider

PS4 Square-Enix server issues for Rise of the Tomb Raider

Well, it seems that this is a trend for every release of this game but it is still no less frustrating. Every time I boot up RotTR it asks me to register with my SE account and gives me the same error message: cannot connect to Square-Enix servers right now, please try again later.

Does anyone know if there is a work-around for this please?
    Last edited by Gotrek_74; 15th Oct 2016 at 10:41. Reason: spelling/typographic mistake

I have the same issue and seems other are facing the same problem!

I've got the sam problem here. Preordered RotTR on PS 4, first time start is says to login to Square Enix Account, but does not work. Than start TR Definitive Edition and find out, that my PSN Account wasn't linked to SE. So i've registered it and received and Email to link PSN and SE Account. I hoped that might solve the Problem. But no, every time I start RotTR it says to register my SE Account/ Game and enter an Email Adress. After entering my Email an clicking OK, it Says: Cannot connect to SE Servers right now, try again later.
    And no Patch or solve until now.

Same problem here although I'm not sure what benefit it gives you to link it?
    I've just been skipping it. It doesn't "prompt" me to link it however, I have to go to Options and then manually activate it, but I get the same message as you all.

We're looking into this and hope to have an update to provide this week.

This appears to have been fixed since last night

Quote Originally Posted by megabug7 View Post
    This appears to have been fixed since last night
    Not for me. Since a few hours, the game keeps crashing on me. It says the Square Enix servers weren't available. I'm running on PS4 with update 1.04. Now I have my PS4 offline and can continue playing. This is not nice, but at least it's a workaround.

Nice game, but way too many bugs ... Let's see if I can get all the trophies ...

Quote Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
    Not for me. Since a few hours, the game keeps crashing on me. It says the Square Enix servers weren't available. I'm running on PS4 with update 1.04. Now I have my PS4 offline and can continue playing. This is not nice, but at least it's a workaround.

Nice game, but way too many bugs ... Let's see if I can get all the trophies ...
    The issue with the 'crashing on loading' yesterday was related to the cyber attack on the Internet which knocked out the PSN in the process. (It seems the game saves do server checks)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_QA View Post
    We're looking into this and hope to have an update to provide this week.
    Still hasn't been fixed for me. Not once have I been able to properly log in to the SE servers. Somehow did manage to link my two accounts tho so it's not asking me anymore to do so.

I can't get any cards like this and the 2 trophies related to these cards are thus impossible for me to achieve. Rather disappointed in this