Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meagan's '20 Years of Tomb Raider' book

Meagan's '20 Years of Tomb Raider' book

Couldn't find much other than a few forwarded posts, so for those (few) not already in the know...

Our Meagan Marie wrote a thing! (facebook.com)

(click image to enlarge)

20 Years of Tomb Raider, a 360 page hardback recounting Lara Croft’s greatest moments across video games, comics, movies and pop culture, releases 25th October. Written by Meagan Marie, Senior Community Manager, Crystal Dynamics, it’ll be available from all good retailers.

Post on PSN blog, with TR3 excerpt

Amazon $17.66 (+ship)
    Book Depository $18.48 (free ship)

Format Hardback | 360 pages
    Dimensions 229 x 276 x 28.19mm | 567g
    Publication date 25 Oct 2016
    Publisher DK Publishing
    Imprint Prima Games
    Publication City/Country United States
    Language English
    ISBN10 0744016908
    ISBN13 9780744016901

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

Ys, ive seen it when I visited the London office and it looks excellent. Very good value for the price too.
    signature image

Awesome, best review I've read so far

I preordered it from the Book Depo, as shipping to AU was half the cost of the book. I think I'm more excited about this than the actual PS4 release...
    signature image

Fans are going to be very pleased with this book. I also got a chance to flick through it in London and it's very clear that it's a thorough look at the franchise and that Meagan put a lot of love and effort into putting it together.

Already preordered after showing up in Amazon.

Woo just got the message that mine got ready to ship from the distributor.

Free copy of PS4 edition and the 20th A book - my week just got very raidery...
    Will update when I get it
    Last edited by Tihocan; 18th Oct 2016 at 04:13.
    signature image

I've had this preordered on amazon for a while. I'm looking forward to this book a lot.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Woo just got the message that mine got ready to ship from the distributor.

Free copy of PS4 edition and the 20th A book - my week just got very raidery...
    Will update when I get it
    How are you getting your book so early? Amazon tells me mine will ship on October 21st and I paid for two day shipping so I should get it soon after.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    How are you getting your book so early? Amazon tells me mine will ship on October 21st and I paid for two day shipping so I should get it soon after.
    I realised after I posted that the distributor actually sends it to the retailer, where they will hold onto it until the 20th
    Oh well!
    You'll probably get it before me, so post your impressions
    signature image

I realised after I posted that the distributor actually sends it to the retailer, where they will hold onto it until the 20th
    Oh well!
    You'll probably get it before me, so post your impressions
    I will. You had me really confused. I thought it released early in some parts of the world or maybe you got it early for doing something special for Meagan or something.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    I will. You had me really confused. I thought it released early in some parts of the world or maybe you got it early for doing something special for Meagan or something.
    Well, I just got the notice of shipment to me, but from the UK it's about 5-8 days hehe.
    signature image

Well, I just got the notice of shipment to me, but from the UK it's about 5-8 days hehe.
    I see. You will probably get yours before me anyway. My amazon order says it'll ship tomorrow and I paid for two day shipping but I'm staying in a motel until we can get into our new house due to complications from some idiots who don't know how to do their job. So, it might arrive by the 23rd but I don't know if it'll be UPS or USPS so I may not get to read it until at least Wednesday unless we have to pick up mail being held for us at the post office. This is very depressing.
    signature image

FIVE MORE DAYS.

(click image to enlarge)

I just got mine today it got here yesterday so it must have been sent out a few days ago. It is absolutely amazing though the quality of the cover, the style and the pictures are beautiful. It is very interesting to read too it is engrossing of what I've read of it so far. Really glad I bought it now thank you Meagan Marie and crystal dynamics for making this amazing book.

I received a shipping confirmation e-mail from Amazon this morning; I'll have my copy tomorrow!

(click image to enlarge)

Hopefully I'll have my copy within two or three weeks, I literally cannot wait to get my hands on this.

Will definitely skip one or two of the fans featured in it, however.

I received my copy in the mail today and...

It's literally perfect in every way. Thank you, Meagan Marie. I have no words, because this is truly phenomenal.

(click image to enlarge)

Got mine yesterday. I would have had it on Friday, but Australia Post thought it should deliver it to my neighbour...

It's absolutely fantastic, clearly a lot of love went into creating this book. Well done, Meagan, and thank you so much.
    signature image

just received mine today and just noted our very own Admin is interviewed for it as well on page 258

Nice one, Driber! Some cool stories you have there
    signature image

The book is so awesome, 16€ for so much content and backgrounds. I thought it will be a fine but small nostalgia but it's completely different. You can dig deep into the thoughts of Gard and later Core, also love how I did understand Tomb Raider for real after using the editor and I got approved. I was 10 years old when I played Tomb Raider featuring Lara Croft and I was drawn back into 96 while reading. Remembering every day when the new TR was released and I walked to the next shop to get it.

Right now I read all the articles about the games and will read further now. Meagan, if you read this, it's a masterpiece for us fans, even better if you startet that early.

Worth every Cent, thank you Meagan.

I was in the city today (Melbourne, Oz) and I popped into an EB Games.
    They had a couple on the desk & the book is freaking massive
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

Picked this up for a measly 12 english pounds on ebay. It's worth triple that, for its size and weight alone, let alone the reams and reams of content. Nice work Meagan, and thank you

Cool

IT CAME IT CAME

Not gonna lie, this Book weighs a Ton

THANK YOU Meagan Marie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast