Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: Bad input lag on PS4

  1. #1

    Bad input lag on PS4

    On PS4 the game has noticeably bad input lag (or deadzone issue?) which makes it very difficult to accurately aim and shoot. Is this fixable with a patch? I really do like the game but this problem is making it unnecessarily difficult to play. I made a post on reddit to confirm if other people were experiencing this and yes, it seems that many other people are having this problem. In my opinion this is the top priority fix on the PS4 version of the game.

    UPDATE: Check my post below, they sent me an email and the developers are looking into the issue! Great job everyone!
    Last edited by Vanquisher357; 20th Oct 2016 at 06:14.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1
    Read your post on Reddit and wanted to come over here to add to the thread because this is seriously a really bad issue. I tried to put up with it for the first couple hours but I got into my first big, non-optional combat encounter and it's just HORRIBLE to play. Aiming with any shred of accuracy is just a nightmare. It's bad enough that I would seek a refund if I hadn't bought the game digitally on PS4. Fix this, Squre Enix. It's unacceptable.

  3. #3
    Same issue. Aiming is a headache. Push the stick and there's quite the delay. I feel kind of dumb for choosing the higher difficulty mode with this issue.

  4. #4
    Honestly just a word from the developer acknowledging the issue and if there's anything they can or plan to do would be nice.

  5. #5
    Posting here to bump. The Input Latency from the X1 version of the game- which was FIXED in both the PC / X360 versions- is back in the PS4 version. What the hell, Nixxes? Especially as they themselves ported the X360?

    It seems to be around 1/2 a second or so delay in camera control / aiming, easily enough to spoil the enjoyment of combat and hunting.

    Will someone please acknowledge that this is a genuine issue?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1
    The input lag is such a game breaker !!! :-( And thinking the 2013 reboot played so smooth ? What happened ??? Please fix this as for now I stopped playing the game because of it ...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1
    Every time i fell from cliff or from a gap is your fault square enix! I was sure that i press X button! Also voice/screen is out of sync! i want my 1.0.4 update now!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    5
    Just recorded this now in slow mo, just look at this!
    the input lag in this game is serious and it is making the quick shooting parts very frustrating.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOuEE03DYzY

    Square Enix, please don't make this one another just cause 3, please fix this.

  9. #9
    http://support.eu.square-enix.com/co...?id=13381&la=2

    Everyone be sure to place a ticket. This way we can get our voices within the pipeline.
    Money spent on fixing the issue may not be spent if Square doesn't believe it to be an issue.
    The more people who make a decision to contact them about this, the higher our chances are on seeing progress.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31
    Speed it up a few? Over 50 maybe

  11. #11
    Bump: I've submitted a ticket.

    Ticket number # 6472460

    Said about the delay from entering an input to it appearing on-screen, affecting aiming "and making combat and hunting extremely difficult as the game appears sluggish." Also mentioned that the issue had been resolved in the PC and X360 ports after affecting the Xbox one version.

    Thought saying "It's ruining the game for me" sounded too much like hyperbole even though it's true.

    Everyone, submit a ticket- the more of us speak up the better chance we have of this issue being resolved.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    12
    This is ridiculous to be honest. It "is" ruining the game for me. I try to play it because I'm huge fan and I "really" want to enjoy it but it's just impossible. I've been reading of the issue all over reddit / other places. Some people must be less sensitive to it or something because I have tried "every" sensitivity setting.

    Additionally, the problem is "not" just with aiming, it's with "everything" including the menus -- just quickly tap down or up on the D pad and watch how it is "very" delayed to switch up or down.

    It's only a major problem when it comes to the aiming of "anything" which is core mechanic of the entire game so.... yeah -- "ruins the game" is "very" accurate.

    I played the Ps3 and Ps4 Definitive edition of the first tomb raider, and neither had anything remotely close to this. I am really depressed about it, I was so excited to pick this game up after waiting a year for it due to not having an XB1 and not wanting to purchase it on PC as I play it with my dad and well... two people in front of a PC is not much fun as opposed to a 55 inch TV.

    Also, no -- this is "not" my TV settings causing the Input latency -- Every other game I play -- Uncharted / Warframe / Etc etc --- none of them have input latency even 1/8th as bad as this with "all" post processing "on" on my TV --- Even in "game" mode on my current TV I can't even hit a damn deer.

    I was sniping birds out of the air with arrow's in the original one....

    Please fix this Square Enix :-(

    Please.....

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Quatto87 View Post
    Additionally, the problem is "not" just with aiming, it's with "everything"
    That's true- I tested using just button inputs (swing, scramble) and there's the same amount of input delay. To be honest, that's not a major issue for me- though I recognize others may have problems- but the camera movement is EASILY the worst affected mechanic.

    I played the Ps3 and Ps4 Definitive edition of the first tomb raider, and neither had anything remotely close to this. I am really depressed about it, I was so excited to pick this game up after waiting a year for it due to not having an XB1...
    Me too, my friend

    Also, no -- this is "not" my TV settings causing the Input latency -- Every other game I play -- Uncharted / Warframe / Etc etc --- none of them have input latency even 1/8th as bad as this with "all" post processing "on" on my TV --- Even in "game" mode on my current TV I can't even hit a damn deer..
    Yes it's definitely, unarguably this game; well- the PS4 and X1 versions of this game- as they fixed it already on other platforms!

    I implore you, please file a support ticket and post it here like me- the more of us that do, the (slightly?) better chance we'll have.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningheart1978 View Post
    That's true- I tested using just button inputs (swing, scramble) and there's the same amount of input delay. To be honest, that's not a major issue for me- though I recognize others may have problems- but the camera movement is EASILY the worst affected mechanic.



    Me too, my friend



    Yes it's definitely, unarguably this game; well- the PS4 and X1 versions of this game- as they fixed it already on other platforms!

    I implore you, please file a support ticket and post it here like me- the more of us that do, the (slightly?) better chance we'll have.
    I will do that now, I've also directly messaged the community manager - Meagan. If nothing else it would be re-assuring to know that they are aware that this is a problem or not.

    Because frankly, I can't play the game like this. Maybe some people don't notice it, and that's fine. At first I thought that I maybe needed to level up Lara's "agility" or something. Once I found out that that was not a skill or something that was upgradable, I knew immediately that it was an issue. I will wait until it's fixed to play, or just not play at all to be honest. :-(

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisher357 View Post
    On PS4 the game has noticeably bad input lag (or deadzone issue?) which makes it very difficult to accurately aim and shoot. Is this fixable with a patch? I really do like the game but this problem is making it unnecessarily difficult to play. I made a post on reddit to confirm if other people were experiencing this and yes, it seems that many other people are having this problem. In my opinion this is the top priority fix on the PS4 version of the game.
    I'm not one to complain about stuff like this, but the combat is a real problem because of this issue. I truly hope it can be addressed in a patch.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningheart1978 View Post

    Yes it's definitely, unarguably this game; well- the PS4 and X1 versions of this game- as they fixed it already on other platforms!

    I implore you, please file a support ticket and post it here like me- the more of us that do, the (slightly?) better chance we'll have.

    Played the game today on a friends console, and i thought her ps4 was broken or something

    If they had patched it on the other platforms why did they give PlayStation a duff copy?

    I try not to blame the developer, but if crystal dynamics recognses that the game needs fixing, why wait until after its released to patch

    What an aweful company
    I will wait till it works before buying it
    Inexcusable laziness

  17. #17
    Wanted to add, the lag is terrible, got into a gunfight and it was just terrible. Can somone can ANYONE from Sqaure say if this is going to be at least looked at? Can we get ANY INFO on a fix?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JayWinter View Post
    Wanted to add, the lag is terrible, got into a gunfight and it was just terrible. Can somone can ANYONE from Sqaure say if this is going to be at least looked at? Can we get ANY INFO on a fix?
    Just submit a ticket to Square. They're supposed to eventually get back to you. More people who do the better.

  19. #19
    I received a response and also made another reply:
    Dear Nick,
    Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.
    We are sorry to hear of your issue with Rise of the Tomb Raider.
    Problems with input lag are often attributable to the type of display being used. Please can you confirm that you have your display mode for your screen set to the correct value - normally this would be changing to Game Mode if your display supports this. Once this is done, please try the game again to see if this has helped.
    If you are continuing to experience issues after this, please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will be happy to look into this further for you. Kind regards,
    The Square Enix Support Centre team
    I replied: Hi, thanks so much for responding, I have already tried game mode and a second different tv set as well on game mode with the same delay.. Just to make sure i've also compared other games such as uncharted 4 and the previous tomb raider title. These other titles are noticeably more responsive. Could it be game has its own delay problem? Rise of the tomb raider is the only title ive noticed this in.
    Thanks again for getting back to me. Hope your day is going well.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1
    are the fck serious ? game its 1 year old and broken as ! i refused play because of that terrrible aiming cant hit a your only chance its using silent aproach... and also i noticed weapon bug when you select pistol your bow, shotgun, rifle dissapear but its nothing compare to that terrible lag !!! fix it pleasseeee !!!

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by krypticpulse View Post
    I received a response and also made another reply:
    Dear Nick,
    Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.
    We are sorry to hear of your issue with Rise of the Tomb Raider.
    Problems with input lag are often attributable to the type of display being used. Please can you confirm that you have your display mode for your screen set to the correct value - normally this would be changing to Game Mode if your display supports this. Once this is done, please try the game again to see if this has helped.
    If you are continuing to experience issues after this, please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will be happy to look into this further for you. Kind regards,
    The Square Enix Support Centre team
    I replied: Hi, thanks so much for responding, I have already tried game mode and a second different tv set as well on game mode with the same delay.. Just to make sure i've also compared other games such as uncharted 4 and the previous tomb raider title. These other titles are noticeably more responsive. Could it be game has its own delay problem? Rise of the tomb raider is the only title ive noticed this in.
    Thanks again for getting back to me. Hope your day is going well.
    I haven't yet received a response. if I do and it's this...unhelpful...reply, I'll just have to link them to the two youtube videos of PS4 lag, the digital foundry video, AND the Eurogamer online article. Not to mention that the X1 has the same issue.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningheart1978 View Post
    I haven't yet received a response. if I do and it's this...unhelpful...reply, I'll just have to link them to the two youtube videos of PS4 lag, the digital foundry video, AND the Eurogamer online article. Not to mention that the X1 has the same issue.
    Yeah it wasn't what I had hoped for, it's clear the first response team doesn't have the authority to say anything other than "it's probably just your tv". Which is true in some cases that TV's introduce input delay, but not for this one unfortunately. Let's keep trying to get this escalated to the right people for answers. (Side note, comparing CD Pr Red when I contacted them last year about a Witcher issue they responded quite differently with a "Thanks for your input! We are aware of the problem and should have the patch ready very soon!" type response. Wish all devs were like that.")

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by krypticpulse View Post
    Yeah it wasn't what I had hoped for, it's clear the first response team doesn't have the authority to say anything other than "it's probably just your tv". Which is true in some cases that TV's introduce input delay, but not for this one unfortunately. Let's keep trying to get this escalated to the right people for answers. (Side note, comparing CD Pr Red when I contacted them last year about a Witcher issue they responded quite differently with a "Thanks for your input! We are aware of the problem and should have the patch ready very soon!" type response. Wish all devs were like that.")
    It's a slow process, that's for sure. I encourage people keep trying to get their attention on this issue but we shouldn't get our hopes up. I've seen this happen with Overwatch too. Blizzard's strategy with console has been to give the silent treatment regarding all issues, and that's a more high profile game than this.

  24. #24
    Serious guys, I played seasoned raider as my first playthrough, and noticed the input lag in combat right away. At first I thought it was what the game originally was so didn't pay much attention to it. But as the game advanced the combat became more and more difficult and ridiculous, then I realized that was not me being slow about aiming, but the game was seriously lagging out when aiming a gun in combat. I found it most bizarre because I didn't recall the last tomb raider I played on 360 being so lagged, it was very smooth. Now I have to turn the aiming sensitivity all the way to the highest to compensate the lag.

    Eventually I just don't care about dying anymore. I went through most of the combats with stealth kills and melee I you not~ even the last area~

    Come on Square enix, crystal dynamic or nixxes whatever, fix the goddamn lag already

  25. #25
    Another response from Square. Dear Nick,
    Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.
    We are sorry to hear of your issues with Rise Of The Tomb Raider.
    We have escalated your issue for further investigation. To help with this, please provide more detail on the exact problem you are encountering:
    Does the issue occur throughout the game or specific areas, if so which
    What is model of console you are using
    Version number of the game
    Do you have a disc or download version
    Any troubleshooting steps you have already completed ( for example, trying a different controller or having your controller plugged in to the console)
    Once we have more information we can investigate further for you.
    Kind regards,
    The Square Enix Support Centre team
    Of course I'll share my response as well:
    Thanks for responding, here are the details you are requesting:
    The issue occurs within game at all times, including the menus no matter what is happening on screen.
    PS4 Model #: CUH-1115A (White PS4 from the destiny launch)
    Version 1.03
    Digital Download version
    *I've tried two controllers
    *Two TV sets on game mode
    *Controller Plugged in
    *Compared with other titles
    *Compared with PS4 menu vs Tomb Raider menu
    Delay is only noticeable within Rise of the Tomb Raider.
    Hope your day goes well again today.
    Best regards
    So I guess it's being pushed up for further investigation which okay, nice. Whether my setup is continued to be blamed... we shall see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •