Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad input lag on PS4

Well, I received a reply today:

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4,

We thank you for your comments and support and will pass your feedback to the relevant department for consideration. Please continue to check our website www.eu.square-enix.com for further news and updates.

If you have any other queries, please contact us again. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team
    I can't decide if that's a "Thanks for your money, now F off" (I hope not) or the fact I mentioned the X1 had the issue but the X360 / PC ports were fixed did something. I guess I'll keep my eye on this, and if nothing happens soon, do it all again!

Thank god, because I have experienced input lag produced by TV's --- I just returned a 4k samsung in exchange for something with "less" input lag. I hope that they really are sending the issue up the food chain to be looked at, it is "NOT" TV's -- it is the game, on every PS4 system there is... period.

I finally gave up when playing the online coop mode and getting attacked by a bear and a tiger at the same time last night. It was then that I knew I wasn't going to be able to enjoy this game "at all" uness this latency on "everything" is fixed.

It is even present in the Menu's for the love of all that is holy. Just tap up on the D pad or Down at the main menu and feel the delay between you pressing the button / it actually moving "down" on the screen.

Some people do not notice it apprently, and I have to say, the only way I would never have noticed this god awful input delay or "dead zone" or whatever it is... is if I had NEVER, ever... in my life played another 3rd person or first person shooter on a console before.

I really wish I could dig in and enjoy the game on the hardest difficulty.... pfft.. yeah right? I can hardly hit a deer.

I JUST put my Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition for PS4 in, and sniped a damn bird out of the sky... so please don't tell me there is no lag. It's just.... I'm so frustrated with it :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Quatto87 View Post
    this god awful input delay or "dead zone" or whatever it is...
    I had to look this up, it seems a lot of people are confusing the two; "dead zone" is an area around the thumbstick that is unresponsive- it's a design choice so that the slightest twitch doesn't send the view haywire. It's not the case in RotTR though- if you nudge the stick very gently and leave it, after the 1/2 second the view will slightly change.

I JUST put my Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition for PS4 in, and sniped a damn bird out of the sky... so please don't tell me there is no lag. It's just.... I'm so frustrated with it :-(
    I haven't played Rise in a few days, I've just got no inclination to. And to be honest, it's put me off playing the first one- it's just a reminder of what Rise should be.

Finally got a promising response from support...

Issues surrounding input lag on the PlayStation 4 Version of Rise of the Tomb Raider are now being investigated by the development team and we hope to resolve the issue with a future game update.

We appreciate your understanding and patience while we look into this problem.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Kind regards,

Crosses fingers

I really, really hope this is the case.

Dear Nick,

We thank you for confirming the details requested,

Please note that this is an issue we are aware of and are working to fix and include on upcoming updates for the game. However, for the time being, we have no workaround or further information on this issue.

If you have any other queries, please contact us again. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

PROMISING! So glad this is officially working out.

Just so we're all working together, I linked this thread on reddit a while ago- well now someone over there has started a new thread, "Response from Square Enix". Let's hope this works out, because RotTR needs to be fixed, it's potentially an amazing game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TombRaider/...response_from/

I got a new response from support:

Dear Customer,

The issue regarding input lag in the PS4 version of Rise of the Tomb Raider is now one that the game developers are looking into and we hope to have a resolution to this problem soon in the form of a game update.

Should you require further assistance with this or any other issues or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will do our best to help.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Kind regards,

Great job to everyone on getting this escalated!

I actually didnt noticed any enormous input lag on my hdtv. if u use 4k your tv has to scale it up before..
    If i compare it to uncharted 4 story mode (not the graphical reduced multiplayer!!) i would say its similar.

I also think they dont have a "input lag button" they can push right away to make any input lag disappear. what the F you expect?
    input lag also depends on the graphical performance consumtion and reducing input lag means decreasing visual quality.

You can test it in a few days on the ps4 pro unlocked fps mode. i would bet you notice a difference.

Dandins, you've already trolled another thread regarding the input lag of RotTR. You said this:

hmm? difital foundry said the ps4 version does not have the enormous input lag like on xbox one
    in direct response to a fellow poster that provided the Digital Foundry link where they state the game does have the input lag.

Plenty of people are reporting a legitimate issue that was successfully resolved on both PC and X360. We also seem to have Square Enix themselves acknowledging the issue is being worked on.
    Last edited by Burningheart1978; 21st Oct 2016 at 04:07.

Please keep the conversation civil, guys.

Also, please note that probably not everyone will have the exact same experience, just like with the XB1 input lag issue a while ago where some people reported that it's a big game-breaking problem for them while others reported that they don't notice any (major) lag and were able to play the game just fine.

To be fair, I haven't seen anyone call out people who are enjoying the game as it is. I've certainly got an issue with posters who claim the lag simply isn't there, though, as that's provablely untrue.

please note that probably not everyone will have the exact same experience, just like with the XB1 input lag issue a while ago where some people reported that it's a big game-breaking problem for them while others reported that they don't notice any (major) lag and were able to play the game just fine
    That doesn't make it OK, though. I saw some of your posts regarding X1's lag originally; if gamers like yourself didn't notice it or have an issue, that's fine for you. I'm jealous you can enjoy the game, frankly. But it is there nonetheless, as noted by many posters and a well-regarded site like Digital Foundry.

It's clearly enough of an issue that Nixxes fixed the PC and X360 ports.

The input lag has almost gone, response time has improved significantly with update 1.04, Great job Square/Nixxes !

Quote Originally Posted by Burningheart1978 View Post
    To be fair, I haven't seen anyone call out people who are enjoying the game as it is.
    You just did. You reported dandin's post as "deliberately spreading misinformation" and "trolling" when all he did was post his personal experience with the game.

That doesn't make it OK, though. I saw some of your posts regarding X1's lag originally; if gamers like yourself didn't notice it or have an issue, that's fine for you. I'm jealous you can enjoy the game, frankly. But it is there nonetheless, as noted by many posters and a well-regarded site like Digital Foundry.

It's clearly enough of an issue that Nixxes fixed the PC and X360 ports.
    I'm not sure why you're trying to argue the point with me. I'm neither claiming the lag issue doesn't exist nor that it's "OK". It clearly does exist, as evidenced by the responses from SE customer support. I'm just saying to keep in mind that it's not an issue that everyone experiences, so people should be careful not to recklessly accuse others of "trolling" or "deliberately spreading misinformation" for simply sharing their experience.

You reported dandin's post as "deliberately spreading misinformation" and "trolling" when all he did was post his personal experience with the game.
    Rubbish.

I reported his post because:

a) In a direct response to a poster that linked DF's video stating there's input lag, he stated DF said there's no input lag
    b) In this same comment, he says there is little input lag yet in a different thread states there is NO input lag
    c) Adding lovely phrases like "input lag button" and "what the F do you expect" show what he's about.

A troll spreading deliberate misinformation.

As to your other comment, I'm "arguing the point" as I noticed you aimed that first post of yours at me. So I'll say it again clearly: if you or other gamers enjoyed the game with this lag, that's great for you, but don't claim (like Dandins did) that it doesn't exist. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Burningheart1978; 22nd Oct 2016 at 15:34.

I'm sure no one is reading this thread anymore lol, but would like to say after finally returning to the game properly (I uninstalled everything and all saves) the difference 1.04 makes is night and day. Combat is a lot smoother and enjoyable, hunting is actually possible, and all around the game is just so much more fun.

The potential of this title is really shining through for me now. I love it.

Great work, Nixxes.

Rubbish.

I reported his post because:

a) In a direct response to a poster that linked DF's video stating there's input lag, he stated DF said there's no input lag
    b) In this same comment, he says there is little input lag yet in a different thread states there is NO input lag
    There was nothing wrong with the post you reported; it contained no false information, only dandins' personal experience, which he has a right to share.

c) Adding lovely phrases like "input lag button" and "what the F do you expect" show what he's about.
    I already addressed that part.

A troll spreading deliberate misinformation.
    So far I haven't seen dandins do this, his post here was fine, so if anyone is spreading misinformation, it is you.

As to your other comment, I'm "arguing the point" as I noticed you aimed that first post of yours at me.
    It was aimed at anyone who has a problem with people sharing their experiences, not specifically you. But if the shoe fits...

So I'll say it again clearly: if you or other gamers enjoyed the game with this lag, that's great for you, but don't claim (like Dandins did) that it doesn't exist. Simple as that.
    Seeing as I have never made any such claim, I don't see the point of arguing with me about this, once again. If you believe he is posting misinformation, take it up with him, not me. (Calling him a troll probably isn't the most productive way, though.)

Xbox One has had input lag issues for a year now, and they still haven't bothered to fix it... I'm disappointed in you Crystal/Nixxes -_- Now that PS4 version is fixed, why not fix the XB1 version too?

Quote Originally Posted by TombArrowShorts View Post
    Xbox One has had input lag issues for a year now, and they still haven't bothered to fix it... I'm disappointed in you Crystal/Nixxes -_- Now that PS4 version is fixed, why not fix the XB1 version too?
    Maybe because the input lag on XboxOne was not es bad as it was on PS4 at beginning. I have both versions and on Ps4 it was IMO much worse. Now after they fixed it a little (it's still not completely gone) for the main game, the Cold Darkness DLC became less playable for me.

Oh, Driber.

There was nothing wrong with the post you reported; it contained no false information, only dandins' personal experience, which he has a right to share
    I'm not sure why I have to spell this out for you; but when a user responds with "Digital Foundry said there's no input latency" to a Digital Foundry videothat states "This game has input latency" that's a blatant lie. When the same troll initially says "actually its not too bad on ps4 as far as i can say" then follows up in a different thread with "I actually didnt noticed any enormous input lag on my hdtv" then that's a contradiction. I.e: he's spreading false information. The rest of his posts show this attitude up nicely, with his "What the F do you expect"; far from "addressing it already", you're ignoring that it just continues his trolling tone.

Seeing as I have never made any such claim
    You said that in response to me saying "If you or other gamers enjoyed the game with this lag, that's great for you, but don't claim (like Dandins did) that it doesn't exist". And yet when the X1 fiasco with lag hit, you got in quite the prima donna hissy fit with fellow posters:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...89#post2188389

That suggestion makes no sense to me; if I would be used to it by now, I would have noticed it when I first played the game. I did not.
    No, it's not a case of "just not noticing it". I have watched a couple of those videos posted here and I can confirm that I am not experiencing that issue whatsoever
    My game reacts even faster than the 360 version in that video.
    Here's the thing, Driber: you didn't have a magic copy of the game, or a magic Hard Drive configuration, that meant you- yes, lucky old you!- had a version that didn't have input latency.

It's bad enough that you're a stupid *** who can't tell when someone is giving contradictory claims and outright lying. It's also pretty sad that you get prissy and insecure when people challenge what you say. But when you, Driber, say "I made no such claim"- this inept post shows you up to be a LIAR.

Now feel free to throw your toys out the pram, idiot. Feel free to ban my account; as I have done what I set out to do- help bring attention to an issue that ruined the game for some people- I couldn't care less.

Oh, Driber.

I'm not sure why I have to spell this out for you; but when a user responds with "Digital Foundry said there's no input latency" to a Digital Foundry videothat states "This game has input latency" that's a blatant lie. When the same troll initially says "actually its not too bad on ps4 as far as i can say" then follows up in a different thread with "I actually didnt noticed any enormous input lag on my hdtv" then that's a contradiction. I.e: he's spreading false information. The rest of his posts show this attitude up nicely, with his "What the F do you expect"; far from "addressing it already", you're ignoring that it just continues his trolling tone.
    And I am not sure why it is so hard to understand the simple fact that the post by dandins that you reported contains no misinformation, so there is nothing for the staff take action on (apart from addressing the inappropriate language part, which as I pointed out, we already did). It really is as simple as that.

You said that in response to me saying "If you or other gamers enjoyed the game with this lag, that's great for you, but don't claim (like Dandins did) that it doesn't exist". And yet when the X1 fiasco with lag hit, you got in quite the prima donna hissy fit with fellow posters:
    Correction: they got into a hissy fit with me. And for no good reason. All I did was share my experience with the game and question the "this bug is affecting everyone" narrative that a few members were trying to push onto everyone. Apparently disagreements are too much for some people to handle.

Where's this "hissy fit" you speak of in this post?

All I'm seeing is me responding in a civil manner to a couple of people who were throwing up bad arguments and strawmen.

Here's the thing, Driber: you didn't have a magic copy of the game, or a magic Hard Drive configuration, that meant you- yes, lucky old you!- had a version that didn't have input latency.
    It wasn't just "lucky me" who has no issue with input lag, but also many others. I would say probably most, because, as you stated yourself - I didn't have a magic copy of the game

It's bad enough that you're a stupid *** who can't tell when someone is giving contradictory claims and outright lying. It's also pretty sad that you get prissy and insecure when people challenge what you say. But when you, Driber, say "I made no such claim"- this inept post shows you up to be a LIAR.

Now feel free to throw your toys out the pram, idiot. Feel free to ban my account; as I have done what I set out to do- help bring attention to an issue that ruined the game for some people- I couldn't care less.

Good grief

Projection much? I think it is obvious for everyone to see that it is you who is throwing a hissy fit and throwing your toys out of the pram as you call it. And merely over me stating something as innocuous as "keep in mind that different people have different experiences". I have been nothing but civil with you.

Yes, I will feel free to ban you. Maybe then this crazy witch hunt will end and we can get back on topic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12