Thread: Playstation 4 - NPCs won't talk

Playstation 4 - NPCs won't talk

Playstation 4 - NPCs won't talk

Hi all,

I'm having a problem in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided where it seems that NPCs won't talk to me anymore. I approach an NPC and press the square in order to talk, but subsequently nothing happens. This problem didn't occur before patch 1.03. I've also installed patch 1.04, but this didn't resolve the issue.

Did anyone else have this problem and if yes, how did you resolve it?

Same problem here, and that too after installing update 1.03. Along with the 'can't talk to NPCs' thingy, some of my augs also became unusable. I eventually had to start a new save to fix the issue (wasn't in that far, I'd spent most of my 8-hours just rollicking around Prague) which wasn't really a problem, since replayability is kick-ass. Also, I haven't installed 1.04 yet.

Don't bother complaining on the forums, Square Enix doesn't give a damn. Expect the same with Final Fantasy. Best to just create a new save, sorry.

Originally Posted by talhajami
    Same problem here, and that too after installing update 1.03. Along with the 'can't talk to NPCs' thingy, some of my augs also became unusable. I eventually had to start a new save to fix the issue (wasn't in that far, I'd spent most of my 8-hours just rollicking around Prague) which wasn't really a problem, since replayability is kick-ass. Also, I haven't installed 1.04 yet.

Don't bother complaining on the forums, Square Enix doesn't give a damn. Expect the same with Final Fantasy. Best to just create a new save, sorry.
    Hi, thanks for your reply. Restarting the game fixed the issue for me as well. Like yourself, I didn't progress past Prague anyway, so replaying didn't cost me that much time.