Thread: Not Sure if You've Seen This: Deep Cover

Not Sure if You've Seen This: Deep Cover

Not Sure if You've Seen This: Deep Cover

As some of you may know, Looking Glass was working on a new game at the time it closed, that game was Deep Cover. It was to be based in the 60s as a cold war spy action/adventure.

This was posted over at TTLG many moons ago by solus(Michael Ryan). Here you can find a few more details and a link to some screenshots.

Ooh, ooh, with this post I'm a member. Yay.

Happy 30th post!

oh yes, he he - thanks for the screen shots!

The title rings a bell, isn't there a recent movie by that name?
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links ... Zaccheus' hospital blog

Cool screens - shame it's not going to happen

Recent movie? I don't know, but there is an older movie with Jeff Goldblum and (Sir) Lawrence Fishburn. Pretty good movie too

The more I look the harder I cry.

Why, why, WHY did Looking Glass have to die?

The most innovative, ground-breaking computer gaming company and Eidos kills them in cold blood. It's enough to make me want to blow a large hole in Eidos' headquarters with a combination of a fire arrow and an abnormally large barrel of dynamite.

TR26, it wasn't Eidos' fault. In fact, they tried like Heck to save them, even going so far as to borrow from their own creditors to save the company. But nothing worked. I'm sure someone will come along and give the whole story, but believe me, Eidos cannot be held responsible.

Squid
    I speak to you now of the fall of giants, the passing of ages, the burial of heroes, the death of kings.

<a href="http://www.ttlg.com/articles/lgsclosing.asp">TTLG Article on Looking Glass' Closure</a>

Originally posted by Squid
    TR26, it wasn't Eidos' fault. In fact, they tried like Heck to save them, even going so far as to borrow from their own creditors to save the company. But nothing worked. I'm sure someone will come along and give the whole story, but believe me, Eidos cannot be held responsible.

Squid
    Hmmm. I seem to be in possession of some erroneous information. Sorry to all Eidos personnel who read my above post.

Deep Cover did look cool indeed

I'm proud to announce that shorty after Mike Ryan released those screens CoSaS project director Daniel Todd used his magical skilz in getting all the DeepCover textures and 3D objects to be used in CoSaS.

Digi also planned to release them to the public, but so far nothing has happened. Once we get CoSaS on certain development state we surely will release them (I think). You see, not even half of the stuff will be actually used because of the very different theme.

Before that I can only drool over and use this nice looking stuff on my CoSaS missions...
    -Mokkis

Looks real thiefy to me - my kinda game. It looks like a lot of work was done on it already. Hope it gets put back on the burner.