Thread: Silent Voices during dialogue, all other sound works OK.

Silent Voices during dialogue, all other sound works OK.

Silent Voices during dialogue, all other sound works OK.

Hi Folks,

I'm a long time Deus EX fan, and I'm struggling with an issue on Mankind Divided.

Basically, after a short period of gameplay the audio for character voices just stops working (silent), I have to reload the game and then it will work again for a short time... then it stops again. Its really annoying and ruining my game experience. All the other in game sounds work fine.

Things I've tried:

Making sure I'm on the latest drivers for everything, which I am. My sound hardware is a Creative SoundBlaster X G5, running Windows 10.

Tried different driver settings, ie:7.1, 2.0, Direct Mode, disabling the Creative Profile Software etc.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game (Steam).

Resetting the audio options to default (in game).

------------------------------

I did a bit of Googling around, but so far have only found one other person with this issue and they are running onboard sound so pretty sure it's not my hardware.

Does anyone else have this issue? Anybody have any fixes / suggestions?

Having to reload every 10 mins is starting to wear a bit thin!

Thanks, Pete.

Core system specs are:

Intel Core i7-5820K
    Asus X99 Sabertooth
    32GB Corsair DDR4
    Asus Strix OC Gaming 980 Ti (Driver 372.70)
    Samsung SM951 NVME 256GB
    Samsung 850 Pro 256GB x2
    Creative Soundblaster X G5 (connected by USB - driver version 1.15.1.25 March 2016)
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit- Anniversary Update
    Last edited by MadPete76; 30th Aug 2016 at 18:01.

Hello,

Exactly the same problem here..

My sound from dialogue and npc goes to 2% vol or whatev when that happens.

I noticed that if you talk to an npc then opens inventory screen wile npc is talking (or open any other screen) then closes the inventory the sound is gone from dialogue and npcs. And after this, no more sounds from npc or dialogue untill you reload game from save or restarts game.

Feels like it has something to do with the surround 5.1/7.1 etc..
    The center speaker output just stops playing sound (nearly 2%ish).

Also suffering from this issue. I'm running the game with 2.0 speakers and a headset at night and it used to run fine until I was halfway through the game when this started happening. The problem doesn't seem to be from our end, but rather some kind of bug that lowers the sound to 2% for some reason. All other sounds work fine except dialogue including from radios and tv's.

Just tried unplugging and disabling my Rift (it come up as "rift audio" in playback devices) and disabling all the Nvidia HDMI audio options out of desperation but it still happens. I'm out of ideas.... are there any official techs in here that could look into this? I'd be happy to help out with as much info as needed. Thanks.

I have the same problem: Win 7 X64, Dolby 7.1, nVidia GTX970 (ShadowPlay is off). Reloading a savepoint helps temporarily, but it really spoils my immersion.

Well in a way I'm glad it not just me, though we are no closer to getting this resolved... I keep combing the net looking for answers but have yet to find any.

This is interesting tho, just came across this and tested his theory about the inventory... I did loose the voices right after opening my inventory so he might be onto something. More testing needed.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/337000...2037330017378/

The real question is: why only a small number of people have this problem?
    My guess is most people play in stereo. I play in 7.1 and I don't wanna change it, especially since I'm coming to the end of the game.

I thought the same thing at first WindomEarlePL, but I have switched from 7.1 to 2.1 to 2.0... and it still happens.

I have the same problem. No voic for characters. Almost all of the time.

Originally Posted by MadPete76
    Hi Folks,

I'm a long time Deus EX fan, and I'm struggling with an issue on Mankind Divided.

Basically, after a short period of gameplay the audio for character voices just stops working (silent), I have to reload the game and then it will work again for a short time... then it stops again. Its really annoying and ruining my game experience. All the other in game sounds work fine.

Things I've tried:

Making sure I'm on the latest drivers for everything, which I am. My sound hardware is a Creative SoundBlaster X G5, running Windows 10.

Tried different driver settings, ie:7.1, 2.0, Direct Mode, disabling the Creative Profile Software etc.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game (Steam).

Resetting the audio options to default (in game).

------------------------------

I did a bit of Googling around, but so far have only found one other person with this issue and they are running onboard sound so pretty sure it's not my hardware.

Does anyone else have this issue? Anybody have any fixes / suggestions?

Having to reload every 10 mins is starting to wear a bit thin!

Thanks, Pete.

Core system specs are:

Intel Core i7-5820K
    Asus X99 Sabertooth
    32GB Corsair DDR4
    Asus Strix OC Gaming 980 Ti (Driver 372.70)
    Samsung SM951 NVME 256GB
    Samsung 850 Pro 256GB x2
    Creative Soundblaster X G5 (connected by USB - driver version 1.15.1.25 March 2016)
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit- Anniversary Update

Originally Posted by MadPete76
    I thought the same thing at first WindomEarlePL, but I have switched from 7.1 to 2.1 to 2.0... and it still happens.
    Did you restart PC after the change?

Maybe it's cards related: I have GTX970 and some Realtec sound integrated sound card.

Yes WindomEarle, in fact I've left the system in 2.0 mode for the last few days... its not that. I actually think the link I posted above earlier maybe onto something with the inventory, last night I played for a an hour and instead of opening inventory with the "i" key, I used the "O" key to open the Objectives menu, then switched to the inventory with the tabs across the top. I did not get the bug, but I need to do more testing, and maybe if you guys could test this too?

I've played a few times over the weekend for extended periods and not had the issue using the above method.

It seems that (for me at least) it's definitely linked to opening my inventory directly with the "i" key. I may have reassigned that key from something else when I set the game up (I usually do, i for inventory, a for augs, etc.), so maybe that's the cause of the bug? Either way, if I get to my inventory another way rather than directly I do not get the issue.