Thread: What are the pros and cons to you for KH2?

What are the pros and cons to you for KH2?

What are the pros and cons to you for KH2? To me I think the games are perfect the way they are!

disney worlds retold their movies. KHI was more of an impressive blend of disney and ff story lines into the main plot, while KH2 was literally organization and/or pete and maleficent getting disney villains to do what they did in the movie, while sora and company help the main character of that movie stop it.

It meant that the two high points (Hollow Bastion invasion and the end of the game) were even sweeter than they would have been, but honestly I feel like KHI was the only game that had a good story for the entire game, not just the end of it.

Its a bad thing when you want to just "get this part done with already" which described what I was thinking a lot during CoM and KH2.

Pete is an all-around terrible character making the antagonists look like a big joke.

The lack of platforming was disappointing.

The worlds were very quick and empty.

The drives were tedious to level up and difficult to find a reason to want to use them at all.

Sora remained weaker than Roxas for the entire game.

I found all of the forms invigorating to use... levelling was tedious but I felt like a bad@$$ while I was in it... and I don't even have a preference for any, they were all great fun to play in (I used to underestimate Wisdom, but then I started experimenting with magic more and learned just how powerful it really was)

I kinda liked what they did with boss battles where you had special buttons to press and such, but I felt like they were making worlds too short and characters weirder than they normally are and not focus on the world at all really. Story just seemed kinda mixed up and thrown together in my opinion but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the gameplay, it was more fun than the 1st to me.

Kingdom Hearts II brought a lot more issues to the table than it did correct the first game's (of which it admittedly had few). KHII's greatest asset was how much smoother combat runs compared to the first game.

I felt the Disney worlds weren't well-integrated like they were in KHI. They seemed tacked on and without much purpose to the game's bigger story. And then there's the overarching story itself, which I think was weakened by lazy dialogue. Even the characters added, particularly the Organization, I felt weren't well presented, which is a shame for how interesting they seemd on the onset.

The difficulty also seemed a bit misplaced. They fixed this in Final Mix+, which is a lot more balanced, but I felt "Proud Mode" was the rough equivalent of KHI's standard mode.

The only problem that i had with KH2 was it was just way too easy, idk if that was a side effect of there being reaction commands. orrr idk it was just too easy.

Now that is all fixed when FM came out.....Critical mode is beast.

PROS:

The camera control is better than KH.

CONS:

KH2 was too easy, what with all the Drive Form leveling making battles child's play plus Reaction Command, which is totally unecessary as it made battles last longer than it should.

I did not like the inclusion of the TRON and Pirates worlds, they stuck out like sore thumbs against everything (totally Disney's fault for trying to use the game as free advertisement).

Totally stupefied that epic avalanche scene from Mulan, which is one of my favorite Disney films so you can bet I was way disappointed with that world.

HATE that stupid tutorial ticker at the top, which makes me feel like I'm an idiot who needs my hand held throughout the game. Annoying.

Jiminy's Journal completion is complete overkill for the very short hidden cutscene you get.

Hundred Acre Woods minigames are lame compared to the ones in KH. (I also like destroying Eeyore's house in KH, whereas you can't in KH2.)

You only get to battle half of Organization XIII because the other half was put into the obscure Chain of Memories that almost no one played until it was ported to the PS2.

RHYTHM GAMES.

Soundtrack for the game was never released in English so we're stuck with ripping the opening.

I blame both SquareEnix and Disney Interactive.

If it's any consolation, ZERORAPTOR, Utada Hikaru did release both the opening and ending versions of Sanctuary on the physical release of "This Is the One" in the US, so those are both now available without needing to rip the audio from the game.

The only English/Final Mix+ tracks I believe that are still unreleased are the English versions of the Atlantica songs, but I'm not sure how hardpressed you are for "Swim This Way" in English or an abridged "Part of Your World"

In that case, I'll be looking for that album. Thanks!

The years have done a number on Ariel's voice actress so I'm not too eager to get the English version of the Atlantica songs. If she still had her old voice, I would want the songs in English.

The Pros : I liked the reaction commands and the 1000 heartless battle...and pretty much everything but...

The cons: Alantica, winnie the pooh, and the game ended....

Other stuff: The boss battle with Sephiroth was awesome he should be the main villan on one of the games... Xenmas wasnt hard just a long battle that the gummi ship style part couldve been axed but hey Xenmas was retarded leaving a little tiny ship there to save the heros and have the power to beat his robo dragon.....Here im gonna take over the world but just for the heck of it im gonna leave a ship here powerful enough to destroy my death machine.....hehehehaaaa! suckers will never find it! not like im gonna knock the building right toward it.....oh....opps

Originally Posted by Jalian

disney worlds retold their movies. KHI was more of an impressive blend of disney and ff story lines into the main plot, while KH2 was literally organization and/or pete and maleficent getting disney villains to do what they did in the movie, while sora and company help the main character of that movie stop it.

It meant that the two high points (Hollow Bastion invasion and the end of the game) were even sweeter than they would have been, but honestly I feel like KHI was the only game that had a good story for the entire game, not just the end of it.

Its a bad thing when you want to just "get this part done with already" which described what I was thinking a lot during CoM and KH2.

i agree with this. the worlds in kingdom hearts feel forced, as they obviously want to focus on the kh storyline (roxas, sora, riku, organization 13 etc) rather than give a ***** about the disney worlds. imo the opening and ending parts of kh2 were amazing, and the rest was kind of sightseeing (with fun battles though). 358/2 days suffers from this too. the disney worlds have no real reason to exist, realistically the org could just do all their operations in twilight town and castle oblivion. the only redeeming factor about 358/2 days to me is the ending, which is fantastic

Pro's
    - Transformation Drives
    - Better Worlds
    - Nobodies and Oragnization XIII
    - Darker Story
    - Combat is more fast paced (Better)
    - Auron
    - FF Characters have more involvement
    - I genuinely found Roxas's story quite moving
    - MOAR KEYBLADEZ!!!!!
    - That secret ending was awesome, even if the game it ended up being wasn't.
    - Self restoring Magic meter
    - I was good at it (It's so rare I get to say this)
    - The Reaction commands

Cons:
    - Bad guys from previous worlds that were also in KH 1 were revived just because
    - Drive gauge was excruciatingly annoying to fill
    - Worlds were better, but still a real lack of Square involvement in them (Minus Olympus Colosseum)
    - Mickey's poor explanation that "Xehanorts heartless was just pretending to be Ansem"...Like that's totally credible.
    - Ariels level.