Thread: DX:MD - I don't have DVD-ROM == I can't activate it on Steam?

DX:MD - I don't have DVD-ROM == I can't activate it on Steam?

DX:MD - I don't have DVD-ROM == I can't activate it on Steam?

Hi,

So yesterday I bought a new Deus Ex Mankind Divided game in local gaming store. I buy box editions because I like to display premium titles like this on the shelf with games. Just like usual I found out on the back of the box that it works with Steam, but when I opened it I found out that I won't be able to install it as I don't have DVD reader, I never planed to have it and I'm not going to buy it to install Deus Ex Mankind Divided, as I believe it is pretty obsolete technology in the current days of Steam and music streaming / stores online. Even Windows is bootable from USB so I really don't see a reason to get one DVD reader for myself.

I wanted to know if I can somehow obtain this code transpiler to get a working steam code.
    Or maybe I should wait for .iso file or the DVD?
    I've heard that using those 4 files should work too, but I'm not sure if I'm still going to need the DVD placed inside the non-existing DVD reader: game.bmp, gui.bmp, redeem.exe i redeem.ini.

Any help for people in my situation?
    I'm afraid I'm going to return the game to local gaming store as I'm not going to pay for the box separately and for a steam copy separately.

I got the retail version also, I used the steam code written on the dvd case inlay to install, no need for dvd's.

I confirm that the steam code is just in the dvd case, remove all the dvd and you will see it. And it works on steam

Maybe on your market.

In Poland there is no typical Steam code unless you buy a Steel Box edition. Instead of that there comes a sheet of instruction how to redeem another code through a redeem.exe program on 1st DVD.

Also there is nothing under all the DVDs.