Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: "HELP" SPOILER THREAD- Stuck? Quick Questions & Answers - General Discussion

"HELP" SPOILER THREAD- Stuck? Quick Questions & Answers - General Discussion

Question "HELP" SPOILER THREAD- Stuck? Quick Questions & Answers - General Discussion

Let's try to keep some order regarding "Help! I'm stuck!" spoiler threads/posts all over the board.
    If you can't find a relevant thread, then this is the place to post your question.

Random spoilers are often read accidentally and will make some people unhappy and there will be complaints.
    Nobody needs to complain about spoilers in this thread - it's a spoiler thread.

WARNING!
    If you don't wish to read spoilers... it's best you read no further...
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Help I'm stuck!

Seriously. I just quit in anger and frustration. The end of the first mission, where the helicopter is ambushed, is hands down the worst thing a Deus Ex game has ever tried to do. I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do. The sandstorm blinds NOBODY's eyes but mine. Super Augs are everywhere, killing me instantaneously. There's no indication as to what I'm meant to do, and even if there was, I wouldn't be able to do it, because the enemy has an Aug that lets them materialize behind me and kill me dead.

None of this makes any sense. It's like a completely different game all of a sudden. And not a game I have much interest in.

-~::Edit::~-
    YouTube to the rescue! There's already a walkthrough posted. Apparently all you have to do is "get to the choppa", find a small panel on the side, near the cockpit, and hit E. It was very easy, once you know that. I just threw on Cloak and ran my butt over there. You don't have to deal with ANY of the super Augs if you're quick.

It's one of those things that's practically impossible to figure out while being killed from every angle and under pressure to win quick, since one of the characters will die shortly and cause a GameOver.

God I hate moments like this.
    Last edited by Pinky_Powers; 24th Aug 2016 at 02:37.
    signature image

Hi Pinky.
    Glad you got sorted.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I also upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 last night, after a couple hours of Deus Ex. I let the upgrade do its thing while I slept. It's worth it for the performance increase alone. I'm able to up the settings to near Max, whereas before I needed to keep the graphics down a notch or two if I wanted it playable.

45-60fps.
    Not bad for this now aging GTX970.
    signature image

Anyone knows where can we found devastator shotgun and custom 357 revolver?

I'm in need of a silencer for my pistol. Been looking all over Prague. Any tips?
    signature image

Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers
    I'm in need of a silencer for my pistol. Been looking all over Prague. Any tips?
    Try the apartments next to

Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers
    Help I'm stuck!

Seriously. I just quit in anger and frustration. The end of the first mission, where the helicopter is ambushed, is hands down the worst thing a Deus Ex game has ever tried to do. I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do. The sandstorm blinds NOBODY's eyes but mine. Super Augs are everywhere, killing me instantaneously. There's no indication as to what I'm meant to do, and even if there was, I wouldn't be able to do it, because the enemy has an Aug that lets them materialize behind me and kill me dead.

None of this makes any sense. It's like a completely different game all of a sudden. And not a game I have much interest in.

God I hate moments like this.
    Honestly I'm not sure how I would had reacted since I already watched some dubai gameplay from E3 or whatever...

I would think I'd just try to KO them as quickly as possible.
    Didn't had problem reaching the chopper without cloak, just punch my way through one masked dude after another behind cover.

Haven't touched any of my equipments in my first try... Totally forgot about them and just used whatever Augs available.
    Love the new energy system, makes melee almost constantly ready... almost

Clicking like mad while skmeone walks closer, lol

So far only died once during the chopper part. Too busy admiring my NPCs shooting the bad ones.

possible spoiler need help

need to find how to get key card for arc none of the cops had it.

Post Stuck in One Area, Cant progress game

Im doing the mission Hunting Down the Final Clues and Im supposed to get to the pilots house but when i get to the subway the map just stays blank and doesnt give me the option to fast travel anywhere. Ive reloaded previous saves and worked my way back to that point but still it doesnt work, Ive also reinstalled. Any solutions?

Currently experiencing this issue http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=190974

Is there a way to walk to Adam's apartment? There's a giant wall separating that section of Prague and I've been looking for a way through but no dice. This is halting my progress and making the game unplayable so any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by Overnuke2016
    Currently experiencing this issue http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=190974

Is there a way to walk to Adam's apartment? There's a giant wall separating that section of Prague and I've been looking for a way through but no dice. This is halting my progress and making the game unplayable so any help is appreciated.
    U need to use the subway to cross the wall...

I took the "normal" train, two minutes of awkward staring...

Originally Posted by bearlieable
    Just did it. Level 4 look for a cop with no face mask. Follow him till he gets alone and get it.

Change Controller DPAD XBOX ONE

How do I change aug's on my DPAD XBox One controller? I have one free spot and want to change the armor controls
    B

Quick question, if anyone could answer. I just got done with M5 (Claiming Jurisdiction.) Despite killing no one, and only knocking some guards out, Smiley and Aria were still treating it as if I had taken a lethal approach, or did something bad. I got out through the gas, and shut down the valves. Do not remember hurting ANYONE. Any ideas what this could be?

I'm at the very last mission "securing the convention center". Currently, I'm in the process of knocking out all of the guards and getting the keycard but I keep getting "discovered" by Marchenko. All bodies are hidden and all cameras are disabled, so I don't know what could possibly be setting it off. A minute or two after reloading the save, it goes off no matter what. Is this a bug, or is this part timed and I have just simply failed? And comments on this would be great.

Originally Posted by bearlieable

The cop that has it isn't in the Narrows. Head up to the Market. There should be a bald cop on a cell phone at the top of the stairs bragging about having Tibor's card. After he's done talking, he'll head to a discreet area to pee. Knock him out and take it once he gets there!

Whoever voiced this guy, is unstoppable in talking...

My question is, does he have new dialogues as the story progresses? or what we've heard now is all there is... hope not

I'm stuck in SM00:Neon Nights "The door of perception". It won't progress and I've looked ALMOST everywhere. I can't find the combination to the safe, and it won't let me hack it. Can anyone help me out?

Originally Posted by CheckSix2000
    I'm stuck in SM00:Neon Nights "The door of perception". It won't progress and I've looked ALMOST everywhere. I can't find the combination to the safe, and it won't let me hack it. Can anyone help me out?
    Haven't finished it myself...

Just let us know if You've finished all of these yet...

1. Learn about Neon in a backyard, got a safe there full of Neon around it.
    2. Get into an apartment (door / vent) read a Pocket secretary
    3. Go north district Apartment 33 (I think...)
    4. Go to the Rave
    5. Another apartment on the North East...
    6. Back south district (i haven't gone there yet)

Which part are you in now?

Church of the Machine God access card

Is it anywhere?

It would be a good thing to access the chapel (or a restricted part of it) BEFORE the related quest, as you can do with the other locations by finding the access card.

Auric, I had done all those, and I check all the Private Secretaries I find (well, you don't have to of course...if you HAVE found a particular code it will show up when you attempt to hack it). I watched a YouTube walkthrough and found the answer...Well, the answer is simple. I just used the hacking device and that got the safe open. I don't know where the combination is kept or where it is revealed, but that's one solution that works.

Originally Posted by hekoone
    Is it anywhere?

It would be a good thing to access the chapel (or a restricted part of it) BEFORE the related quest, as you can do with the other locations by finding the access card.
    Up!

I would like to know for sure if the smooth operator and ghost bonuses are broken.

I am chasing down "The Foxiest of the Hounds" achievement, and have passed the game four times stealthily (turns out it can go pretty quick if you just stick to the main quest). The first three times, the only place smooth operator and ghost would not activate was at Ruzicka station. The fourth time, those bonuses *did* activate for Ruzicka...only to refuse to activate for GARM, the Dvali theater, and the first and last stage of the Apex Center. I also had "searching" prompts go off and on randomly in the Apex Center every time I rode an elevator in this most recent playthrough. Even when I got off the chopper after the cutscene and took the elevator down to the CSO to kick things off, before I had even set foot in the Apex Center my map started flashing as if I'd been caught doing something suspicious.

This seems an awful lot like something is broken, but I'd love a definitive answer as to whether or not I should even bother trying for this achievement right now. I enjoy this game a lot, but I also want to try out some, uh, less stealthy augs and don't want to keep ghosting the game over and over if smooth operator is broken.

Can't get "ghost" in the Utulek complex at the RVAC row. Realy don't understand why, cuz no one see me.
    Playing pc version...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last