Thread: Question for those reading the Kyrie Saga.

Exclamation Question for those reading the Kyrie Saga.

So I was lying in bed last night, and I found myself thinking over a new storyline... You know how it is, you're sitting/lying around, toying with an idea, and suddenly inspiration hits? Well, Rio's been inspired to do a slightly different spin on his current novel work, and I just wanted to get your reaction... I'm going to write it whether you approve or not (sorry, can't live my life by popular opinion... I'd wear a visor upside-down and backwards, and put all my money into a car stereo if I did that), but I at least want to see what you think.

The basic idea is this: I'm going to take my main characters, Riovanes and Gabrielle, and put them in an alternate setting. I've thought of a different way to tell their story, minus the whole monastic order thing, that I'm kind of excited about. No, this does not mean the Kyrie project itself is going to suffer. I plan to update that one a little more regularly from now on, but this little side project I'm throwing out kind of as an "alternate universe" sort of thing... A lot of the old themes will still be there, but the story's going to be different, and some of the interactions will change...

I plan on doing a workup first chapter by the end of the week. Before that though, I'd just like to see what people think of the idea. Comments are welcome.

BAH!!!
    http://www.angelfire.com/art2/thirdpersona/rio.txt

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell... "One more soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."

would be nice, but some serious plot-building should have to be done, and you`ll have to re-write Riovanes completely

hullo Riovanes, is there a way i could read the story from the start?

chuffy
    http://www.angelfire.com/retro/monkey24/sigrazman.txt
    we are all lying in the gutter, but only some of us are looking at the stars.

its ok i found it starting to read it now

chuffy

Thumbs Up You still the Man

I am very confident that you can pull this off. Just don't let the current saga die without an ending. I hate it when people leave stories without a proper ending or just outright open-ended(Robotech, Star Wars). Basically the idea is good and I know you can pull it off, just keep us updated.

First, it's GREAT to see another Macross (Robotech) fan. Did you watch all three gen's? Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada (mospeada being the series invovling the Cyclone Valkyrie armor and the Invid)... They started on a Robotech II project, but it was killed after six episodes... It's actually available in movie format, but it's REALLY hard to find. As for Star Wars, that universe is so open-ended it'd be really hard to close it and make it halfway believable.

As to this new project... As I've said, the current saga is my main concern, and updates will remain constant. I have a publishing offer (tentatively) on the main one, so no way am I going to let it die.

The spinoff I'm planning has Rio and Brie meeting under slightly different circumstances... I think it'll be fun, but only time will tell.

BAH!!!
    http://www.angelfire.com/art2/thirdpersona/rio.txt

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell... "One more soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."

Originally posted by Riovanes
    ...but only time will tell.

BAH!!!
    heh

you`re sounding like Chris now.

"As the Kyrie saga is part of a series, I can`t reveal everything now. Time will tell..."

the Kyrie saga is great i finshed reading all the chapters.
    very good.(say the man adicted to fantasy-sci-fi books. orson scott card rules).
    when you said that you was changing the setting i thought you ment you was moving the two characters to one of the other universes that the knights goto. that way you keep you idea of new setting but keeping the characters. that we've grown to love.

chuffy

p.s i sure that it will be very good, whatever you choose to do.

hey i hope you send me a copy it sounds cool i'm thinking of writing one myself but i'm still conjuring all sorts of ideas and all but i hope when i start the clan will give me their support!
    the darkness shines only where the light is not visible

Big Grin And the writer's bug has hit the forums...

What type of story/novel did you have in mind Warlock?

I am currently in the midst of writing my Legacy of Kain fan fiction, and I've also helped Azrael write a bit on his (grammar translations and whatnot because he's Portuguese and asked me to help him out).

I don't have a link to mine (yet) but it's coming. As for Azrael's just look at his web site and it will take you to it. (In his profile of course).

***arms her fire extinguisher again***

As for your little clan reference...I am sure they and the rest of the forum will support you nonetheless, however it isn't necessary to publically ask for the support of TCoTUF...they aren't the governing body you know...

Re: And the writer's bug has hit the forums...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
    [B][COLOR=indigo]What type of story/novel did you have in mind Warlock?

I am currently in the midst of writing my Legacy of Kain fan fiction, and I've also helped Azrael write a bit on his (grammar translations and whatnot because he's Portuguese and asked me to help him out).

I don't have a link to mine (yet) but it's coming. As for Azrael's just look at his web site and it will take you to it. (In his profile of course).

***arms her fire extinguisher again***

As for your little clan reference...I am sure they and the rest of the forum will support you nonetheless, however it isn't necessary to publically ask for the support of TCoTUF...they aren't the governing body you know...

dont mind me when i say "clan" i'm actually really refering to the entire forum maybe i will start using the word brethren instead to eradicate any sort of controversie arising from my mistakes,sorry if i wasnt clear enough
    anyway i'm thinking of writing a novel based on mythological references you know magic,creatures,prophecies,destines to be forfilled,mortals,immortals,banished entities all that stuff but i want to really do it big thats why i was asking if anybody has incredible ideas i will be pleased with their ideas maybe suggesting the type of characters to fit in generally i want it to be about the struggle for power becoming the most powerful being alive and it will involve all sorts of characters trying to become the greatest i'm almost putting my thoughts together just a few more screws maybe then it will be a little clear.

Re: Re: And the writer's bug has hit the forums...

Originally posted by warlock
    dont mind me when i say "clan" i'm actually really refering to the entire forum maybe i will start using the word brethren instead to eradicate any sort of controversie arising from my mistakes,sorry if i wasnt clear enough
    anyway i'm thinking of writing a novel based on mythological references you know magic,creatures,prophecies,destines to be forfilled,mortals,immortals,banished entities all that stuff but i want to really do it big thats why i was asking if anybody has incredible ideas i will be pleased with their ideas maybe suggesting the type of characters to fit in generally i want it to be about the struggle for power becoming the most powerful being alive and it will involve all sorts of characters trying to become the greatest i'm almost putting my thoughts together just a few more screws maybe then it will be a little clear.
    It's not that I mind it, it's just these are "dark times" for the group and I just want to be extra careful so we don't keep igniting fights and flame wars. It gets old after awhile. A lot of people like to harshly retaliate and I just don't see a place for it here anymore. What has happened is old news, it's time to move forth without insult and without hassles. Your "bretheren" reference sounds excellent. Very LoK-esque. I do thank you for your consideration on using that instead.

As for your novel, the fantasy-based genre of writing is very good. Many of my favorite games have similar, interesting background stories. I think if you were to have started your novel then it would be easier to input ideas for you. (At least that's how Rio has been doing it). We read, issue feedback, he writes. (Not all the time does it work this way, but sometimes he comes here for ideas). Your ideas that you posted sound just like an LoK story. LOL. . Is that the direction you are taking or something new and exciting all together?

Perhaps you can start with powerful armies fighting for control of the land, with the good leader and the evil leader. Perhaps they themselves are being controlled bv surpeme mages destined to either preserve the land or condemn it and move on to do the same to others. Depending on how gothic you plan to go, you could throw in some vampires here and there, maybe some elven creatures, lots of magic, a revenge twist...etc.

**shrugs** Just something to play around with I suppose... I decided to start small seeing I haven't written anything in close to 5 years. (With the exception of a little poem here and there). My story is coming along quite nicely and I look forward to showing it off here soon. For now I suppose I should finish it...LOL. I am just now starting chapter 5.

thats nice i'm in chapter 0.
    actually i'm thinking of calling it "Secreats of Edenia" it will revolve around a realm called Edenia where science and religion have become one pillar of society meaning the atmospheres such as the buildings,the clothes and the language will be gothic setting but in a science enviroment(computeristic rather) its kind of like star wars but without the futuristic influences like spaceships and aliens and plannets rather it will be slighty futuristic jets,automobiles(no flying cars),creatures like demons,vampires,other mythological characters instead of aliens.
    how does that sound so far? i really want to tell it big because when i launch my site it will be one of my features so i really could use the advice of my brethrens like more ideas,suggestions even characters.

i'm also writing a book...i have 4 chapters....but no way to get them on the web...some one was hosting for me...but that fell thru...and i cant get my site up and running...so i guess im sort of screwed!

my is about this guy...who thinks he is a loser...but finds out other wise!
    it is basically a story were evil prevails...instead of good for once!

lots of violence, a bit of swearing...and some dirty scenes...but nothing too bad!

Lightbulb

Dago -
    Have you tried setting up an angelfire account or anything? I could put your chapters to html (if you don't know how) and you do a similar thing to what Rio is doing.

plz can u put it into html for me!!!
    i have a site...but when i put the chapters up...it takes out all " which is irritating!

and i cant put it into html!

what do u mean im doing something similiar to rio?

Thumbs Up

Mail me what you have and I can create the pages for you. I'd be glad to help you out.

What I meant was in regards to Rio's website. Each chapter has a page with a main directory listing that he has hosted on angelfire. Have you thought of that?

Where are you hosting and what are the specifics on what happens to you when you post? I wasn't clear on what you were trying to say.

i am using lycos...what happens is that i will create a page...then paste the content that i want...and it removes all the "s from my writing...so for example if it is suppose to be "Hello." it will make it Hello.

i'll mail the chapters to u now!

Lycos is angelfire.

Very bizzare. I will go ahead and post these to html for you and mail them back. You'll just have to download the files and then upload them to your directory.

Did you want me to go ahead and make you an intro page to go along with this? I can hook you up with some navigation and whatnot. Just let me know the title and what colors you'd like me to use.

It shouldn't take me longer than a day.

thanx for the offer...but i have already designed the whole page!
    i know lycos is angelfire...but lycos is alot easier to make a page...and u can paste stuff!

Question

Is there a specific theme you want me to follow or just stick them on normal pages with a white background?

plain is fine!

just a white backround...and normal black text!

I know this is a post from way back but I recently remembered the Kyrie Saga en Riovanes / Brie.

I found the original place of the novel here: http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/riov...agaPro-10.html

It was a great read but I'm not sure if this book was ever finished...

Can anyone help me out?

- Raenius

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Raenius View Post
    I know this is a post from way back but I recently remembered the Kyrie Saga en Riovanes / Brie.

I found the original place of the novel here: http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/riov...agaPro-10.html

It was a great read but I'm not sure if this book was ever finished...

Can anyone help me out?

- Raenius
    That would be a question for Rio directly. He hasn't posted 'round these parts in quite some time, though. Your best bet is to contact him via the email address he provided here.