Thread: FPS Issues (PC)

Exclamation FPS Issues (PC)

Specs:
    GeForce GTX 960
    AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
    16.00 GB RAM (15.98 GB usable)
    Windows 10

Just curious if anyone else was having a similar problem. I've looked everywhere online and all I could find was websites recommending that you turn down the settings (yeah, no s***).
    I know this setup isn't the greatest, but it can run Black Ops 3 with 60 fps and max settings. It can even run GTA V at 45 fps with nearly max settings (excluding the extra ones for the TITAN owners xD). Yet this game stutters at certain points in Sapienza and Marrakesh at LOWEST settings.
    In fact, it's odd because settings don't seem to effect the stutter. Whether they're maxed or minimized, it stutters in the same locations every time and is perfectly smooth is others. This is what made me think it could just be a "bad" port but that's probably not my place to determine.
    This normally wouldn't be a problem because I could just do what I did with GTA and limit the fps to 30 (great visuals and still very playable) but then another issue arises.
    The games control response time seems to be entirely based on your fps. If it's at 60, they're instantaneous and smooth. If it's at 30, they're super sluggish and unusable.
    I'm loving this game and I just want to know if there's any way I can enhance my experience (so I'm playing the way it was meant to be played).

ehh, not sure why you are having issues, do you have it installed on a hard disk instead of a solid state drive?

FX 8350 @ 4.4 Ghz
    R7-370 2gb x 2 1150/1400
    16Gb of 1866 2 x8Gb sticks of Ram
    Kingston SSD
    850 watt Antec High Current Continuous PSU

It runs beautifully for me on a solid state. I actually lock my FPS to 60 and run 1080p everything maxed , it doesn't ever drop below 60 any where in the game nor stutter. I get a occasional flicker, but that's to be expected with dual GPUs

Don't know if you're trolling or not, but An SSD (solid-state drive or solid-state disk) is a nonvolatile storage device that stores persistent data on solid-state flash memory. Will dramatically increase your gaming enjoyment over a standard hard drive.

Faster loading times if nothing else. Your PC specs seem to be okay from what you shared you have, with the exception of the assumption your using a HDD which could create issues for you. Research into it and hope it helps you.

Had the same issue. Switched to DX 11 and it helped immediately. Hope that's useful.

you should try ps4. I get a whopping 10-15 FPS . After playing for a few minutes, my head starts to hurt. IOI should send free Advil with every game!.

RIP PS4, I see 1500+ FPS on menu screens and well over 200 + FPS in game, literally Frame lock the game to 62 FPS. PCMASTERRACE